Values&Lost;

Baek Seung Jo I'm done with you!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I can't believe my little girl is gone!My dear Oh Ha Ni is gone!" Geum-Hee cried.

"Don't worry she will be back before we know it.We just got to give her some time," Baek Soo-Chang said.

"How could I not worry!She's the only one here that understands me!This house is nothing without her!"Geum-Hee argued.

"I definitely agree with you," he said.

"Ah, come on you guys are acting like Oh Ha Ni is dead when she just left," Eun Jo complained.

"Well it feels that way," Geum-Hee cried. She started to cry more.

"Now,now my love calm down lets go to the room," Baek Soo-Chang said.

He lead his wife to their bedroom and closed the door. Eun Jo stood there and he walked slowly to his room.As he walked by he noticed Baek Seung Jo sitting in Oh Ha Ni's room on top of her bed holding a small yellow teddy bear.

Eun Jo felt like Seung Jo needed to be alone so he didn't even bother asking Seung Jo why he was in there. He already knew the answer after last night's argument. He knew everything.

"That stupid Oh Ha Ni always making everyone worry about her," he thought shaking his head. He too was worried about her but didn't want to admit it much less show it. He walked quietly to his room.

 "BAEK SEUNG JO I'M DONE WITH YOU!" Those words truly haunted Baek Seung Jo.They repeated over and over in his head. 

"I've really lost her," he thought.

He was holding the small yellow teddy bear with overalls he had once gave Oh Ha Ni that he had won from claw machine since Oh Ha Ni couldn't reach for the teddy bear.He laughed at the thought of Oh Ha Ni struggling to get it and how she smiled when he gave it to her. He loved that beautiful smile of hers. 

He walked through her room to see if he had left everything else behind he saw a piece of paper sticking out of her desk it looked familiar.He then thought about taking it out. He looked around to see if anybody was watching so to be safe he closed the door and locked it so he wouldn't be disturbed. 

He then opened the drawer and got shocked at the sight he saw. It was full of all the things Oh Ha Ni had left behind of Baek Seung Jo. The paper that had been sticking out was the love letter Oh Ha Ni had given to Baek Seung Jo. The letter had a big Red D written on it and spelling errors marked over it. He remembered looking at it and grading it. He then felt guilty because of the pain he went through because he had been such a jerk to her.

He saw the graduation picture he had taken with Oh Ha Ni,  the picture of when his mother had taken of them sleeping together when he helped her study to make the top 50 students list of the school.

He saw a few pictures his mom had given to Oh Ha Ni of him and pictures of Oh Ha Ni and Baek Seung Jo together of them playing around or arguing. 

"My mother is such a stalker," he thought. He smiled at the pictures of them playing around.He loved to .

He then looked down further in the bottom drawer which was bigger and saw a big pink box. He grabbed it to open it but it wouldn't open he then looked around it and saw it had a small lock on it. He couldn't find the key to it though. He then looked around Oh Ha Ni's room everywhere looking for the key. It took him 2 hours until he finally gave up.

He was then tired from searching and layed down on Oh Ha Ni's old pink bed. He grabbed the small yellow teddy bear and thought "How could Oh Ha Ni love something so simple," he looked a the bear closely eye to eye."Well,it is kind of cute," he thought.One of the pockets of the bear's overalls had a hole in it and something fell out.

He thought it was one of the buttons so he looked down to get it and it was a key. "It's the key to the mysterious box!" He thought excitedly and kissed the teddybear as if it was a person. "Thankyou,"he said to the teddybear. He then unlocked the box and saw alot of books.

The books were all titled Noah's Snail and numbered 1-15. "Noah's Snail?That's weird," he thought.There was weird drawings on the book and decorated with pink glitter and stickers. "How childish," he thought. He opened it and read the first page which was "Dear Diary,"

October 14,1995

Dear Diary,

Hi, my name is Oh Ha Ni and I am six years old.Nice to meet you. Today is my birthday and I just got you today. Daddy says that you will be my new bestfriend since I don't have any friends. He says I can tell you anything and everything so I don't fell alone anymore.

You're my first friend so please don't leave me alone. I don't have anyone. My mother lives in Heaven and daddy is always in the noodle shop. The old lady next door neighbor takes care of me but she's boring.

You're all I have so please be there for me always❤

From,

Oh Ha Ni ❤

"1995?" He thought man thats such a long time. He thought..

 He looked at the other books and they were all diaries they all had the dates of many years before. They all contained 15 years of Oh Ha Ni's life. She had continued writing diaries after she would run out of paper. It was the only way she could tell all her secrets because nobody truly understood her.

Baek Seung Jo started to read through all 15 diaries he started with the first. He knew this would take a long time so he stayed in Oh Ha Ni's room. Nobody noticed because Geum-Hee hadn't been eating lately so Baek Soo-Chang would make her food and take it to their room. Geum-Hee didn't want to come out of her room. Eun Jo had gone out to sleepover at his friend's house. So Baek Seung Jo had all the privacy he needed.

As he read through the diaries he began to understand Oh Ha Ni alot more than he had imagined. Normally he would've gotten bored but he had found Oh Ha Ni very interesting. She had written many embarassing things about herself and so he couldn't hold back his laughter.

He also read about her fears and struggles and saw how a strong woman Oh Ha Ni was and had become. He truly started to feel more respect for her and felt so guilty for the pain he had made her go through. He started to hate himself now. 

He skipped through one of the books and opened and looked through the pages since he started to get bored after laughing for a while. He got curious and decided to look at some of the last books.

 He saw one of the pages that mentioned his name and started to read it.

March 7, 2001

"Dear Diary,

Today I met the most amazing boy in the world! His name is Baek Seung Jo..

"Wait what?! 2001?! We didn't even know each other till last year.That's crazy." He said.He continued to read the story.

Baek Seung Jo is his name he told me. He had brown hair and the prettiest brown eyes.

I met him today. He seriously changed my life. Today I was about to take my life and end it all. End all the pain. I couldn't deal with it anymore. The constant bullying and father's betrayal. It was father's betrayal that made me want to do it.

I was coming home from school when I discovered them. Yes,them father and his coworker Jae Hee. I caught them kissing. I was really angry and yelled at him for what he did. I told him how could he betray mother and how could he betray me.

He had never made anymore time for me when he came home from work. He was going out every night so I never saw him around. He was the only person i wanted to be with and thought I could count on but he wasn't I had nobody. No friends. No nothing. I couldn't tell him about the bullying because he was never around and when I tried talking to him he would always say he was busy.

The kids in school bullied me because I'm not very smart and I'm very clumsy. I hated my life. They always pulled pranks on me. Today I was humiliated in front of everyone they brought up my mother. They said she died because she couldn't bear having such a stupid mother and that she was probably stupid enough to let herself die while giving birth. I hated all these kids and grew up with them. Our families all knew each other since Busan was a small place.

Anger grew so deep inside of me that had been building up all these years.I fought with the girl that had said all those things about my mother. I punched her across  the face and kept hitting her until she started bleeding and until the teachers pulled me away. I was blamed for everything and tried to explain to them but nobody listened. I couldn't bear it anymore and left school I couldn't deal with the pain no more.I didn't care anymore if I was going to get in trouble or not. It no longer mattered.

Since I skipped the rest of the school day I hoped to find dad at home. I knew dad was on his lunch break and would be home.I needed to tell him everything so I would no longer have to go to that school.

I had to let him know about the bullying. 

"Father!" I yelled. He and Jae Hee jumped up. I couldn't believe what I just saw. They were kissing.

"Oh Ha Ni, what are you doing here?!he said shocked.

"I came here to tell you I have been bullied all this time in school and now I find you kissing this woman?! No wonder you were always so busy after work.Because you were too busy kissing her! You never make time for me or care about what I have to say when I try to tell you!You never cared about me or mother! You betrayed her and me!" I told him.

That is when I ran to the river on top of the bridge.  I could hear father yell

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter