Kim Kibum

Saving Soohyun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Key stared suspiciously at the woman before him.

The one who caused his coffee chaos earlier; the one who nearly made him late to his own promotion.

He wanted to be angry. He mentally vowed that the next time he saw her, he’d make sure she paid for spilling his coffees with more than just money.

But something held him back.

One look at the woman who’d just introduced herself as Jung Eunji, and the inside of his chest flamed.

Not in a painful way, but one that definitely grabbed his attention.

Especially when his closest friend Onew seemed to take a liking to her.

Onew had grabbed her hands and pressed her against him, in his pathetic attempt to flirt with her. Seeing it happen before him, Key felt compelled to stop him.

“My name is Kim Kibum, Head of Firm,” he stated pompously, grabbing one of Eunji’s hands to shake.

She gave a small bow and returned the greeting. “It’s nice to meet both of you.”

She looked towards Onew then, passing coquettish signals with her eyes.

Key felt his chest tighten a bit at Onew’s coy behavior.

“I’m sure we’ll work alongside each other well,” Onew piped up.

“I’ll make sure to keep you two separated,” Key notified sincerely.

The two shifted uncomfortably and sipped on their near empty drinks.

Key however enjoyed the momentary silence.

It gave him time to reflect on his current emotions.

Such as the rising feelings of jealousy that had seemed to creep up on him.

What in the world are you going through Kibum? He thought to himself, stealing a glance at Eunji.

From his peripheral, he could take in Eunji’s silhouette draped in a revealing red gown, and her lustrous black hair spilling over her pale shoulders.  The smiles she flashed to onlookers made Key flinch.

Kibum get your thoughts in check.

“You know, I mistook you for Key’s fiancé earlier. Silly of me, right? I just heard through the grapevine that she was supposed to be the only one in red,” Onew said.

Kibum squinted at Eunji, noticing, for the first time, that among the black dresses and suits, Eunji was the only one in red.

“Ah, that would explain the special treatment I’ve been getting,” her cheeks flushed as her eyes met the floor. “I’ve had to correct several people tonight.”

While Eunji spoke, Kibum broke out in a small internal panic.

He gazed around the room, noticing his friends and colleagues were all staring and pointing at him and Eunji. They had all mistak

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter