Soohyun POV

Saving Soohyun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I paced the room of my flat in a frenzy, waiting for Dr. April to get on the line.

“Eunji, hell-,”

“No, let’s cut to the chase. Of all the information you all gave, including the flavor of coffee he prefers, you all missed the fact that he’s engaged?” My breath was heavy as my heart pounded against my chest. I tried the calming methods my trainer had taught me in these situations.

“Too much strain on the heart means too much strain on the brain,” the trainer had warned.

“Wait, he’s engaged?” Dr. April asked, sounding genuinely mystified.

“Yes, and I’m supposed to be getting ready for his engagement party. So, what’s my next move?”

There was a hesitation, followed by a few whispers, then Dr. Bradford took the call.

“Eunji, you said he’s engaged?”

“No, I said he’s been appointed Premier,” I spat mockingly.

Dr. Bradford sighed, not very amused by my sense of humor.

“Dr. Bradford, all jokes aside, I need you to tell me what to do. How can I seduce a man who’s engaged? What about the fiancé?”

“Look Eunji, Key’s fiancé is not my concern; it’s Key’s money I’m after. I understand this may be a road block for you, but I’ve decided to grant you more time to complete the mission.”

I grunted. “So that’s it? That’s all you can offer? You really expect me to be able to break off an engagement?”

“I’m afraid Eunji, you have no other choice. I’ve given you a life, I’ve given you training, and now I’m giving you more time. The rest is up to you,” he spoke in that bigheaded voice I’d grown to hate.

With no final goodbyes, I angrily pressed the end button on my phone and tossed it on the couch.

I chewed on my bottom lip, trying to think of my next move.

From the beginning I was aware that this mission wasn’t going to be a cake walk, but I assumed it wasn’t going to get much harder either.

The fact that he had a girlfriend didn’t even seem that big of a deal to me. Flimsy girlfriend/boyfriend relationships were the easiest to break.

But an engagement, amongst one of the highest paid lawyers in the city, well, that was going to be difficult.

I looked down at my red Roberto Cavalli dress, feeling a bit glamorous as the long gown blanketed my silk smooth skin, offering ample cleavage and a split up the side, leaving one white slender leg exposed.

It was the dress that was supposed to take Kibum down with one shot, but it seemed I had my work cut out for me.

I sighed and looked up at the rotting ceiling of my apartment. “Didn’t even have the courtesy to give me better housing,” I started to complain. “But I’m alive after all.”

Shrugging, I walked to the dirty beige couch in the middle of the shoddy living room and retrieved my phone from its cushions.

With one last look into the mirror beside the front door, I took my leave.

It was going to be a long night.

♦PART TWO♦

I arrived at the two story law office building and flashed my invitation. The short, stocky bodyguard waved me in, taking time to drink in my appearance.

“Have a very nice time Ms. Jung,” he whispered, cheeks beginning to flush a color darker than my dress.

I nodded my head and offered him one of my knee buckling grins.

Entering the building, I could feel the warmth of the heater. It was a much more welcoming sensation on my arms than the winter air had been.

I gazed around in awe at the elaborate black and champagne décor, along with the massive granite/marble pillars supporting the inside.

Music and chattering spilled from the left side of the room, but I was separated from them by a large library.

I stood next to the bookcase, looking up at the expansive rows of books piled high to the ceiling. I’d always had a fascination for books, back when I was Soohyun.

Not always to read, but to collect. I liked the way they looked, sitting one on top of the other, with their different looks and textures, and the smells they acquired after time.

But that was back when I was Soohyun.

Jung Eunji doesn’t do things like that.

I broke my gaze away from the shelf to an older woman walking towards me.

She was dressed in a simple black dress, no statement pieces or embellishments, with silve

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter