Soohyun POV

Saving Soohyun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Holy ,” I whispered, standing over the dozens of folders sprawled across my bed.

The gray briefcase Kibum had told me to trash lied in the corner, with a butter knife wedged in its lock. My eyes grazed over the damning evidence lying before me.

There were pictures of Hyerim smiling with her elementary school students, and her with her family and fiancé.

I had to walk away for a moment, feeling the pang of guilt in my core. My hands trembled as I ran them through my hair. Even though I was alone, I felt the eyes of a million people watching me. Beads of sweat collected on the temples of my head and a bundle of knots started to form. I couldn’t help but to look over my shoulder with each pacing step I took.

“Say that you always love me-,”

The sound of my ringtone made me jump out of my skin.

I raced back to my bed to answer it, pushing past the accumulated proof of possible homicide.

“H-hello?” I didn’t bother to look at the caller ID. I pressed the phone to my ear and awaited the caller’s voice.

“Eunji? Are you okay?”

I exhaled and loosened the grip I had on my cellphone.

“Jinki, y-yes, today has just been a bit crazy, y’know?”

“Oh? Were you bothered again? Did that man somehow find you?” His voice suddenly sounded urgent.

“Ah, no Jinki. I’m alright, I promise.”

“Are you sure?” I could tell that no matter what I said he wasn’t going to believe me.

“Yes, I’m sure. Now, what can I help you with?”

He was silent for a moment, most likely trying to remember what he’d called for.

“Oh, I, uh, I thought I was making dinner for you-,”

“Crap! Of course!” I looked at the disaster of my room and wondered immediately about what I would wear.

“It’s okay if you don’t want to, I can understand you needing your rest.” His voice was sincere, but slightly regretful. He was anticipating this date, but he understood a need for space.

Suddenly I began to feel guilt towards him too.

“No Jinki, I’m looking forward to a delicious meal served by you. I just…I just need to find something to wear.”

His chuckling filled my ear.

“Oh Eunji, you don

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter