Soohyun POV

Saving Soohyun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

My home was unusually quiet. The lights were off, the city was asleep, and I barely made a sound.

I felt so alone. So empty. More grieved than I’d ever felt.

Jinki had given me hope. He hadn’t abandoned me. But none of that mattered.

Kibum hated me. I hated me.

I flicked on the light in my bedroom and stared sadly at the bed I’d forgotten to make that morning. I wanted nothing more than to jump into its warmth and sleep off the creeping sadness, but I knew I had a phone call to make.

I dreaded the news I had to relay to Dr. Bradford. This call meant the life of my family would be at stake. I’d lost everything, in the event of trying to save the ones I loved.

Lethargically, I removed my cell from my purse and clicked Dr. Bradford’s number. It only rang twice, but each ring seemed to last forever.

“H-hello,” Dr. Bradford answered in a groggy voice.

I’d woken him from his slumber to bear him the gift of bad news. No odds were working in my favor.

“Dr. Bradford, this is news to wake up for,” I spoke gravely.

“What is it Eunji? This better be urgent enough for you to have woken me up from my sleep.”

I could hear the irritation in his voice, making me more nervous by the second.

“The mission’s gone gray,” I whispered into the receiver.

The line went silent, but he was still there. I could tell he was recovering from his sleepiness, trying to grasp my words.

“How did this happen?” He asked through gritted teeth.

I could tell he was up now, swinging his legs to the side of the bed to get out and pace the floor.

“Hyerim’s fiancé and Kibum’s fiancé. They joined forces and presented the evidence to Kibum. The man who grabbed my arm back at my parents’ house…that was him.”

“DAMN IT! DAMN! You reckless fool!” Dr. Bradford bellowed, making me shrink with each condescending word. “We were so secure. We had it spelled out for you! Now you’ve put us all in danger!”

“I’m sorry Dr. Bradford.”

“You’re sorry? You’re sorry? Oh no, you haven’t seen sorry. You’re going to pay for this. I’m not going down bec

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter