Soohyun POV

Saving Soohyun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The morning of Minho’s holiday party had me feeling frantic. I felt there was so much to do in such a short span of time. On top of that, I felt the risings of a huge calamity.

The first problem was the fact that Kibum and I had admitted our feelings to each other, and still we didn’t know how to act on them…or if we even should.

The second issue was letting Jinki down. He was so sweet to me, and for his sake I wish I really did like him. But there was no coming around for me. I liked Kibum and even that was a mistake.

And then there was the brief case.

I had failed to retrieve it yesterday from Jinki’s car, and I feared it had been out of my possession for too long.

At work Jinki hadn’t seemed like he knew anything, although he was a bit shy of my affection. But Jinki was always like that around me: nervous and jittery.

I tried to phone him, just to know the overall plan for the night, but he kept sending me to his voicemail. I knew it was him sending me there, because after the first ring, the automated voice would greet me.

Maybe he was nervous about tonight.

Maybe.

I phoned Kibum afterwards, and he answered eagerly.

“Hey Eunji, how are you?”

“I’m a little shaken up if I’m going to be honest,” I admitted.

“Why? What’s wrong?”

I paused for a moment, wondering if it was a good idea to tell him I was worried about the feelings of another man.

“It’s Jinki. I tried to call him, but he’s deliberately not answering. Do you think he knows something?”

“I sure hope not, but I really don’t think so. I haven’t told anybody, and we were alone yesterday.”

I sighed. Something didn’t feel right.

“Look, just like we agreed, okay? Go to the party with him tonight, and towards the end, let him down gently. I’ll take care of the rest.” I could practically hear the curling of Kibum’s lips. He was more eager out of the both of us to see the flirting between Jinki and I end.

“I know, I know. It just feels off for him to completely ignore me.”

“Maybe he isn’t. Maybe your guilt is making you paranoid.”

“Wow, gee, thanks,” I replied sarcastically.

I heard Kibum exhale into the receiver. “

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter