Kim Kibum

Saving Soohyun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Mr. Kim, your two o’clock is here,” Secretary Hong announced, leaning halfway into Kibum’s office while balancing her weight on the door’s handle.

Kibum ignored her and pressed hard against the paper in front of him.

He breathed furiously, making his handwriting illegible.

Secretary Hong looked on suspiciously.

“M-Mr. Kibum-,”

“Secretary Hong, does it look like I can be bothered?”

His eyes didn’t lift from his writing.

“I’ll tell him to wait?” she responded, more in a questionable tone, not knowing what the appropriate action was in the situation.

“Good job,” Kibum praised sarcastically, still pressing hard on the black ball point pen.

Secretary Hong nodded and closed the door softly, exhaling a small breath in relief.

Kibum continued to scribble until his pen ran dry.

He looked at the official document before him, completely covered in a mess of black ink.

“I thought I just asked you to sign your name. What is this mess?”

Eunji appeared from behind his desk, having entered discreetly right as Secretary Hong had left.

She grabbed the paper from Kibum’s hands.

His head jerked and his eyes shot daggers.

“What do you think you’re doing?”

“Hopefully off to get you another copy of this document. Mr. Jang requires it for the official transfer of responsibility. Do you think this is a joke?”

“Who are you talking to like that?” Kibum stood from his chair and leveled his stance with Eunji.

“Why are you acting this way? I’m just doing my job,” Eunji complained, rolling her eyes and crossing her arms over her chest.

Kibum looked down at Eunji and suddenly felt a wave of guilt.

He reached his hand out but quickly pulled back.

“I-I’m sorry. I’m having some home trouble,” Kibum confessed, leaning his body against the polished wooden desk.

Eunji made herself comfortable by sitting in Kibum’s chair.

She folded her hands in her lap and perked up to listen.

“What’s troubling you, boss?”

Kibum looked at Eunji carefully. Her curious eyes made Kibum feel surprisingly warm and willing to divulge all of his problems.

“It’s…it’s just that-,”

“Key! She said yes! Key!”

Jinki knocked impatiently on Kibum’s office door.

“Gah,” Kibum groaned, walking heatedly to open it.

Behind it stood an ecstatic Jinki. His smile stretched from ear to ear and his body bounced on his toes.

“You gonna let me in buddy?”

Kibum side-stepped and let Jinki in.

“Oh my god, Key, the intern said yes. She’s going to Minho’s party with me. We’re going to be the cutest couple there,” Jinki gushed.

Kibum shrugged and smirked towards Eunji, whom Jinki had remained oblivious to.

Jinki’s head slowly turned to see Eunji waving shyly.

He gulped.

“W-why does this keep happening to me? Honestly, I’m not this embarrassing,” Jinki assured.

“You’re not embarrassing Jinki. It’s cute,” Eunji smiled, looking to Kibum to see him scowl.

“None of that in my office. Jesus Onew, you couldn’t have called or something?”

“I chose ‘or something’. This news is much better in person.”

Kibum grunted in protest.

“I’m sorry Jinki. I’d really like to chat, but Kibum has something he needs to get of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter