Yagi Arisa

Saving Soohyun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Arisa smirked as Kibum’s face appeared on her phone.

She tossed it into her reptilian scaled Coach and scanned the bar before placing her purse down.

Arisa knew Kibum was only calling because she hadn’t come home last night, and he was worried whether or not she was with his mother.

She decided to let Kibum worry himself sick and continue on with her agenda.

A young bartender approached her, eyeing her skeptically.

“You’re Yagi Arisa-,” he began.

Arisa nodded and held up her hand to quiet him.

“Yes, I know who I am. Just get me a glass of Merlot and two shots of JD.”

The bartender raised his brows. “But Miss, it’s only two in the afternoon and-,”

“Did I ask for the time? Prepare my order and don’t expect a tip. You haven’t been with me five seconds and you’ve already gotten on my nerves.”

The young man casted a wary glance and skulked off to complete her order.

Arisa released a small chuckle and moved her glance from the frowning baby-faced bartender, to the front entrance of the bar.

There were few people in a bar at two in the afternoon, and those who stumbled in were most likely alcoholics and drunk already.

One foreign woman, with copper hair and a tacky green sweater dress, entered the bar in a daze.

The employees looked up and smiled upon her arrival. Some waved and shouted “hello Sarah!” in forced English.  

Arisa rolled her eyes but kept them glued to the entrance.

The bartender placed Arisa's skinny glass of Merlot and the two shots of JD before her. He left without saying a word.

Arisa smiled as her guest of honor walked through the door, with half of his face hidden in his navy blue sports coat.

His appearance went unchanged since the day he had bombarded her. He hadn’t shaved, his eyes were still red and bleary, and his hair still went unwashed.

Arisa, for a moment, grew nervous at the sight of him, wondering if it was really a good idea to meet with him alone.

He made eye contact with her and walked quickly to where she sat. The bar employees watched him carefully, until he sat down next to Arisa.

“You honestly want to keep me waiting? I’m doing you a favor,” Arisa warned, grabbing her glass of Merlot and putting it to her lips.

The man looked to the floor ashamedly. Arisa slid the two shot glasses in front of him.

“Feel free to speak at any time,” she said impatiently.

The man nodded and grabbed one of the shot glasses. He tossed the JD back and slammed the glass on the bar.

“I am forever grateful for this opportunity. I was sure I had exhausted all of my options,” the man spoke humbly.

“Well, after you so boldly walked into my fiancé’s office, I decided that maybe your case needed more attention.” Arisa smiled mischievously and sipped her drink. “Now, let’s start with your name.”

“Lee Taehwan. My name is Lee Taehwan.”

“Mmm…Lee Taehwan? That’s a nice name. In fact, you’re a nice looking man…aside from, well, all of this.” She gestured towards his entire appearance and Taehwan shrunk into his jacket.

“Not to offend you or anything.”

The man nodded and stared at the remaining shot of JD.

“You can continue. You said something before about a murder. Your fiancé?”

Taehwan gripped the s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter