Soohyun POV

Saving Soohyun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I could hear the sound of my heart pounding inside of my ear drums.

Uneasily, I ascended the steps to the main airport lobby with only one bag.

There wasn’t much for me to pack since my life didn’t require personal luxuries anymore.

Before stepping inside, I looked left and right to see any kind of familiar face. Any face other than Dr. Bradford and April.

Coming to terms with the fact that I was alone, I proceeded through the automatic doors and headed straight for security. I nearly jumped out of my skin when I saw my parents standing there, looking around the room, no doubt on the look-out for me.

I walked up to them slowly and their faces practically screamed their apologies.

“Soohyun, mommy is so sorry.” My mother flung herself onto me and cried into my gray oversized hoodie.

My father’s eyes shot to the floor, but he my mother’s back in solidarity.

“Mom please, let’s not make a scene,” I whispered, trying to push her off of me to keep the attention at a minimum.

“I’m gonna lose my baby, I can’t lose my baby,” she blubbered hysterically.

I rolled my eyes and continued to try to pry her off of me.

“Mother, what’s done is done. Now I have to go in order to protect you both, so get out of here.”

My mom slowly released her tight grip and faced me with puffy red eyes.

I nodded and turned back to the direction of the airport security. Then a strong hand on my shoulder jerked me back.

“Soohyun, we can’t let you do this. We can’t allow you to take our punishment.”

I slowly rotated to see my father’s darkened eyes. He looked as if he hadn’t slept in weeks.

“But dad-,”

“No buts Soohyun. This is our crime. This was our fault. I’m not letting my daughter live her life paying for crimes she didn’t commit. We’re going with Dr. Bradford. You’re gonna stay and live your life like you’re supposed to.”

The anger began welling within me then. It was too late to try and pick up the pieces. It was too late to try and take back my life. I had no place to stay, no friends to talk to. There was nothing for me to live for.

“Dad, no. I did all of this, lost so many, endangered people I care about, all to protect you. I have nothing to go back to. Nothing. You guys, you can go back to your home, mingle with your neighbors, start living again. I need to go and be what I am: a science experiment.”

“Soohyun, you’re so much more than that!” My mother whined.

“And dammit! Would you stop calling me Soohyun? Soohyun died. Soohyun isn’t here anymore. My name is Eunji. Once you get that through your heads, once you understand that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter