Lee Jinki

Saving Soohyun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jinki had gone over it again and again in his head, but still he couldn’t wrap his head around it.

What Eunji said…was it true?

“No, it can’t be,” Jinki denied, roughly rubbing his knuckles against his dining room table.

He glanced over to a clock in the corner of the living room.

It was almost midnight.

He wanted to call Eunji.

He wanted to tell her he knew everything; about her feelings toward him, or the lack thereof.

But he couldn’t bring himself to grab his phone.

He still felt weak the moment he heard Eunji utter those words from her lips:

“I-I don’t like Jinki. I just couldn’t tell him that last night.”

Jinki shook his head and bit down the urge to cry.

He had showed up at the firm bright and early to surprise Eunji with breakfast and coffee.

He was going to set it up in her private cubicle and sit in her rolling chair, so when she rounded the corner, he would cutely turn and smile, holding out a cinnamon latte.

But as he went up the steps to the firm that morning, he saw Kibum’s car.

Immediately he knew something was wrong.

Kibum had never showed up to work before office hours; he couldn’t even show up on time.

He entered quietly, not wanting to disturb his friend, but the sound of two voices from the events room had him making a detour in his morning plans.

He positioned himself against the bookcase and listened.

He heard Eunji’s voice first. She was inquiring why Kibum was so upset.

Then, Jinki noticed the conversation became soft and intimate. He wanted to actually see what was going on before coming to any hasty conclusions, but there wasn’t enough cover to peek.

He settled for listening to Kibum closing the space between them two, talking about a person he liked, undoubtedly Eunji.

It wasn’t Kibum’s confessions that crushed Jinki though. It was Eunji’s admittance that she felt the same way for Kibum and not him.

Jinki had left the firm in tears, not caring that his cover would be blown.

Slamming the firm’s doors, he soon rethought his decision and ducked off behind a pillar on the staircase.

He heard Kibum step outside and call out, asking if anyone was present.

Jinki in his breath and held it until Kibum had retired and walked back inside.

He quickly fled, locating his Beamer out back, but he didn’t return home.

He sat in his car and waited until 8:00 am to go to work.

Even though working alongside Kibum and Eunji made his insides burn, he ingrained a smile on his face until it was time to leave.

Eunji had tried to stop him before he left to give him a kiss, but he knew it was for no reason other than her pitying him.

He kindly declined and drove home in tears.

Now, like he’d done for the remainder of the day, he sat and replayed Eunji’s words over and over again.

She doesn’t like me? She likes Key?

He slammed his fists against the table and released a low growl.

What had first been sadness was now becoming rage.

How could Key do this to me? He knows how I feel about her!

He stood up then and shook his head, thinking it impossible that Kibum would ever betray him.

Key is getting married! He can’t like Eunji!

He recalled the previous day, where Kibum and Eunji had shared a glance that didn’t sit well with him.

It wasn’t a look passed among friends, but Jinki didn’t thi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter