Lee Jinki

Saving Soohyun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lee Jinki stared at the girl he knew as Eunji.

She had just unveiled an unbelievable truth, and he didn’t know how to register it.

He thought at first he should be angry like Kibum and Arisa, but something inside of him wouldn’t let him feel the rage.

Looking at her now, his feelings didn’t change at all.

She was still the laughing, smiling, charming Jung Eunji he had fallen for.

“Are you okay?” he whispered.

Eunji looked up at him, eyes bulging in surprise.

“W-what?” she stammered, trying to hold back her tears.

He looked at her and held a somber gaze. He didn’t know what to say, or if he should say anything at all. He didn’t know what side to be on, even though logic told him to leave just as his best friend had.

Instead, he reached for Eunji’s hand and walked down the steps.

“W-where are we going?”

“Some place warm. You’re turning blue,” Jinki spoke roughly, trying to display a little disappointment.

“You don’t have to do this for me.”

Jinki stopped in the middle of the sidewalk and turned to face her.

“I’m aware. And I’m not doing this for you. But I need answers, and you’re going to give them to me.”

Their eyes followed each other’s for a moment, until Jinki broke the stare and continued to his car.

“And I want the truth. No bull. If I see you tapping your fingers against something even once, I’m calling the police.”

Eunji nodded silently and opened the car door. Jinki followed suit.

-Part Two-

Jinki carefully eyed Eunji as she sat before his fire pit, outstretching her hands to feel the warmth radiating from the flames.

Her eyes were closed and was tight, and Jinki thought, despite the night’s bizarre turn, she looked at peace.

He didn’t want to intrude upon that, but he knew he needed answers. He rose from a dining room chair and walked towards the fire pit to kneel down beside Eunji and the fire.

“I think it’s time for us to talk now,” Jinki spoke softly.

Eunji’s eyelids rose lazily. She gazed sadly at the flames dancing before her.

“I think you pretty much summed up the biggest question: your motive. But, I need to hear it again. I need to make sense out of all this.”

Eunji sighed and turned to Jinki. Her eyes were red and sagged with exhaustion.

“It’s not my fault. I didn’t ask for this. One minute I was slamming head first into a car, and then, I woke up…like this,” Eunji lifted her arms and let them limply fall to her sides. “My parents contacted this unlawful medical practice. They perform unspeakable medical operations for obscene amounts of cash, but my parents were broke.”

Jinki looked on silently, watching Eunji’s movements to see if she’d give away a lie.

“So the head of the facility offered an alternative to payment. They wanted my service. Once I was to wake from my coma and recover the brain transplant, I was to undergo training and complete a mission they put in place. The mission was to seduce a rich man and steal his money, or more easier, have him hand it over to me. The man happened to be Kibum. They said if I didn’t complete the mission, my parents and I would take the fall. We’re conspiracies to murder.”

“So you did all of this to save your family?”

Eunji nodded. “I didn’t even care about living. Being in someone else’s flesh. Wrongfully living the life that was robbed from someone else. I didn’t want this for myself. And even t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter