Kim Kibum: The Right Choice

Saving Soohyun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kibum stepped out into the icy air, his temper flaring up at the ordeal he’d just experienced.

“Does she even realize how much this suit costs,” he muttered under his breath as he walked to his car. “And I still didn’t get my coffee. Jesus.”

He snatched open the door to his sleek black Lamborghini and plopped down on the black leather interior. He continuously let out groans of disappointment, even after he was a mile away from the café.

Kibum ran his fingers through his soft blond tresses and took a look at the car clock. 8:42 am.

“, I’m going to be late. I swear if I ever see her face again,” he threatened, pressing harder on the gas pedal.

In the middle of his grumbling, a ringing cell phone interrupted.

He pressed a button nearest his dashboard, and suddenly the caller could be heard through the car’s speakers.

“It's Key,” he answered, not caring to be polite, even though he didn’t know who was calling.

“Hey Kibum, will you always answer like that?” a whiney voice complained.

Kibum silently groaned and clenched his jaw.

“Sorry honey, I didn’t see who was calling,” he spoke truthfully.

“Well you should be more careful, it makes me feel like I’m not important.”

It took Kibum everything he had not to laugh into the receiver.

Kibum wasn’t a sentimentalist in the slightest, nor did he feel he had to regard anyone more than they had to regard him. Still, he played the role of a doting boyfriend because he knew what was at stake if he didn’t.

“You're right, you are the most important person to me, afterall.”

He could practically hear her smile over the phone.

“You’re so sweet!” She squealed in a voice that had not yet settled with him.

He cringed at the sound of it.

“Anything for Arisa,” he purred, rolling his eyes at his own cheesiness.

“Okay now you’re making me blush!” she giggled.

God make it stop, Kibum thought as he gripped the steering wheel tighter.

He sat through his girlfriend’s incessant babbling about her shopping adventures and early morning details as he raced to his office.

“Oh, by the way Key, your mother and father wanted me to tell you to go with the Armani tux tonight. They said nothing goes better with my red Cavalli than a white and black Armani,” she chimed.

“If my parents insist on Armani, then I need to go with Alexander,” he spoke agitatedly.

“Key,” she whined. “Let’s not be difficult honey.”

“I’m not being difficult. Are my parents my fashion consultants now? I can dress myself,” he assured, whipping his car into a twelve story parking garage.

“Key knows best,” she replied sarcastically, clicking off the line before he could offer any rebuttal.

Not that he was going to.

If his girlfriend didn’t plan on continuing the conversation, neither did he.

Kibum had more pressing matters to tend to anyway.

Like getting to the firm’s monthly staff meeting promptly.

After parking his car, he darted up the steps to the second floor, stopping shortly before the Conference Room to adjust his silk black tie.

“8:54,” he whispered after taking a quick glance at his wrist watch.

He twisted the knob, having all eyes greet him as he walked through the door.

Many of his colleagues snickered aloud, disappointed that Kibum was able to arrive on time.

Kibum aimed his amused expression towards his envious peers and took his seat at

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter