Yagi Arisa

Saving Soohyun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Arisa looked over her dry martini glass as Kibum strode through the door.

His ruffled hair and wrinkled suit jacket made him appear unusually haphazard.

Arisa, upon sight of him, set her glass down on the black marble counter top and rushed to his side.

“Key, what’s wrong? You look all shook up,” she worried, taking his coal leather satchel from his hands and placing it on the tile.

“Do me a favor and back ten steps away from me,” Kibum warned, wiggling his arm from Arisa’s tight grip.

She gaped and did as he commanded, stepping away from Kibum and folding her arms over her chest.

“Why won’t you let me help you?” Arisa whined, following cautiously behind Kibum into the bedroom.

Kibum walked in silence to the king sized bed blanketed in a black freshly laundered comforter.

He yanked his arms from the sleeves of his suit jacket and tossed it onto the white pillows.

Arisa leaned against the doorframe and watched timidly. Kibum turned to her and glared.

“You couldn’t help me even if you really wanted to. That’s why you call my mother, because you’re not woman enough to deal with me on your own,” Kibum sneered through clenched teeth.

“Key,” Arisa replied faintly.

“No. Don’t try it okay? I’m sick and tired of that. We’re supposed to be together. My mother has nothing to do with us.”

“But Key,” Arisa interjected, slowly walking to his side. “I do try to help. I really do. But you keep shutting me out. You’re in a constant state of anger and you won’t open up to me. Your mom is the only one that can get through to you.”

She placed her hand on the back of his shoulder and exhaled as he did. “I’m sorry if I seem desperate, but you leave me with very limited options.”

Kibum turned to face Arisa suddenly.

Her eyes were wide, anticipating Kibum to yell at her some more.

Instead he grabbed her shoulders and stared in silence for a moment.

“Do you love me?” He spoke almost inaudibly, but his words held gravity.

“K-Key, I-,”

“Do you love me?” He repeated.

“O-of course I love you. Why else would I marry you?”

He shook his head and let go of her.

She could feel the weight of the tension in the room fall upon her shoulders. Her heart sounded in her ears. The way Kibum was pacing made her nervous.

“Why?” He questioned, slowing his steps with his back facing her.

“Why what?”

“Why do you love me?” Kibum halted his steps and shoved his hands into his pockets.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter