Lee Taehwan

Saving Soohyun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lee Taehwan sat in his room, holding closely to his chest a picture of Jung Hyerim. In the photo, she was reading a novel, when her younger brother surprised her from behind a tree, making her laugh in embarrassment.

The moment was just as vivid in Taehwan’s memory as it had been in reality.

It was the last moment Taehwan had heard her laugh before she took the drive that would end her life.

Taehwan began to remember the call he’d received about his fiancé, the police frantically trying to explain the tragedy. He remembered them telling him that her body wasn’t recovered, and he began to think the worst.

Her body had flown from the vehicle.

But when no evidence supported that theory, Taehwan’s instinct told him something was off, that Hyerim was still out there somewhere.

And even after years of searching, being told countless times there was no further investigation to be done, Taehwan remained persistent.

After that proved to work in his favor, after he found his answer, he didn’t know what to do.

A woman had stolen his fiancé’s identity.

A woman named Eunji was living the life that belonged to Hyerim.

But did he want to see his fiancé behind bars? Did he want to, after all of his time searching, completely abandon the one thing he worked so hard to find?

“Hyerim, what should I do? Please tell me. I am lost without you. She is not you. She has done a horrible thing to you…but she is still a part of you. You still have to suffer.”

Taehwan gazed at the picture, praying that an answer would decode itself.

He began to set the photo down, feeling just as lost as had before.

Then his phone rang.

An unknown number was listed, but he took a chance, hoping this was the sign he was begging for.

“Um, hello,” he answered hesitantly.

“Lee Taehwan?” a familiar voice spoke.

“This is he.”

“Hey, it’s Lee Jinki, friend of Arisa.”

“Yes, I remember you. How can I help you?”

“Actually, I want to help you. I have no idea how you must be feeling about all of this, but maybe you’d like to talk about it.”

Taehwan sighed, aggravated that his sign was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter