Soohyun POV

Saving Soohyun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’d been a few hours since Kibum and I had exchanged words, and well, something about that displeased me.

I tried to occupy my time buy going to the local gym and working on my round kicks and left hook, but I lacked the usual energy and excitement.

I kept envisioning the sandbag as Kibum. And when I did, I’d laugh to myself.

But that was the extent of my joy.

Coming home to my apartment, I kicked off my lime and gray tennis shoes and reached straight for my phone, growing a bit agitated that there wasn’t anything from Kibum.

No missed call. No message. No anything.

Why did that bother me so much?

Before I let the thought nag me some more, I headed to the bathroom to shower.

I turned the knob for the hot water and undressed as it heated.

My phone rang before I could step in.

“It’s about time,” I answered, waiting for Kibum’s voice to sound.

“Oh, were you expecting me?”

I pulled the phone away from my ear and glimpsed the Caller ID.

I rolled my eyes and sighed.

“Oh, hi Jinki. I thought you were my mother,” I lied.

“Really? You answer your mother like that?”

I laughed and waited for him to continue.

“Ah, it’s okay. I won’t tell anyone.”

“Thank you Jinki, you’re quite the gentleman. Now, what can I help you with?”

“Oh, uh, yeah, I called you, didn’t I?” Jinki asked nervously.

“Mhmm,” I hummed impatiently.

“Oh yes, well, uh, are you busy right now?”

“Well, I was about to step in the shower but-,”

“Ah! Shower?! As in, you’re ?” Jinki gasped into the phone.

I almost choked on my own laughter at how freaked out he was.

“Jinki! Breathe! You can’t see me,” I giggled.

“B-but you’re, and I-I, I’m so sorry, I’ll call back later,” Jinki replied urgently.

“Jinki, what is it? You can ask me now, I promise it’s okay,” I assured.

I could hear him inhaling and exhaling deeply through the receiver. My being was causing him to hyperventilate.

“Wow, I’m sorry, I’m not myself. But here goes nothing.” He inhaled once more and began to speak. “So, there’s this annual holiday party, that another local law office hosts, and well, I was wondering if you’d maybe, possibly, attend it with…me?”

My heart drummed against the inside of my chest.

Something about this invitation seemed wrong.

Like if I said yes I’d be committing the ultimate sin.

“By any chance, does Kibum know about this?” I chewed on my bottom lip a little, hoping he’d say no.

“Y-yes he does. He kind of encouraged me to ask you. Why do you ask?”

“Well, it’s just that, dating coworkers can get messy and-,”

“It’s alright. I already talked to him. He’s okay with it. He’ll be bringing his fiancé and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter