Kim Kibum

Saving Soohyun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Typically, after Lee Minho’s holiday party, the firm buzzed with gossip of all sorts; talking about who wore it best and who shouldn’t’ have worn it at all.

But this time was different.

There came a sound that Kibum was unfamiliar with: silence.

“Mr. Kim, would it be okay if I took off early to watch my dad? He’s really sick and my mom has to go to work and -,” Secretary Hong rambled, but Kibum lifted his hand to shush her.

“Go. Cancel my appointments before you do. I need to take off too.”

“Yeah, about that…the party right? What happened? It was getting so bizarre when you all just…”

“Secretary Hong, please leave before I change my mind about your early dismissal.”

“Ah, yes sir, I’m sorry.” Secretary Hong bowed and backed out of the office, gently closing the door.

Kibum groaned and dug his hand into his head, tugging lightly at the roots of his hair.

He leaned back into his chair, silently observing the eggshell colored walls. He focused on every scratch and bump until the only thing his mind could see was the off-white paint. No thoughts of Eunji. No thoughts of Arisa. A complete state of blankness; until a rapping at his office door shocked him back into reality.

“Key, I’m coming in okay?”

The sound of Jinki’s voice relieved Kibum. He wanted nothing more in that moment than to be surrounded by his best friend. Even in the worst of situations, Jinki could put a smile on his face.

“Come in buddy,” Kibum said weakly, blinking his eyes to break the all-white trance.

Jinki stepped into Kibum’s office and casted his eyes to the ground. Kibum

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter