Invitation

Above the Clouds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

❝Invitation;
_______________________________________________________________________________
                                  - for her -

 

Jinri is all alone in her apartment with the smell of roasted chicken that she bought in town before head back home , is still in the oven for a little heat up. 

Her laptop on the table together with a bowl of soup and a glass of orange juice. it's raining heavily outside and how she hated it because she couldn't go out in this bad weather. it's raining cats and dogs outside that she can hear the sound the rain drop on her windows. 

Taking a sip of the orang juice , her attention goes down to her phone that seems so quiet without any sound from the notifications or messages coming in. though she did have a little chat with Taemin days ago but it all go back to silent after that until today. 

He must be flying these past few days. she thought . 

Taking her laptop closer , she starts writing onto something that she's been doing for quite sometime , but she never release it on her article , the thought of writing it in was kind of scares her .. she shouldn't bring most of her personal things in her article that people all around the world read it . and yes , 

it is about Taemin. 

She describe him on how she first saw him , her impression of him , his attitude , his kindness , his looks and everything is in one file in her laptop , keeping it to herself. 

Her phone rings and it reads Katie on the screen. Jinri pick it up before walking out to the oven to turn off the heat.

"hello?" 

"Jinri , i need some help with choosing a place" she chuckle a little , knowing that her sister in law is somewhat in a hurry

"are you going somewhere with Jason?" she asked , taking out the quater chicken from the oven

"the whole family actually. a family trip" taking a spoonful of gravy and pour it on the chicken

"okay so what kind of places that you think the kids will love?" Jinri asked

Taking the plate back to her dining table and sit on the chair , crossing her legs together . She look back to the window that is still raining heavily outside and the rain drop hard on her windows. 

"somewhere that has a theme park maybe? disneyland!" she laugh at Katie's excitement 

"then you should go to the country that has disneyland. paris maybe? you can feel the love from Jason too" she laughs when she tried to imagine her sister in law having a lovely time with her brother but the kids will interupt them badly. 

"wait a second.. you're such in a good mood these days..." Jinri stop when Katie started to realise something strange from her. she never been this happy before , not that she's not happy all these times but this is totally different and Katie noticed it. 

"i-i don't wanna talk about it" she murmured , taking a bite of the roasted veggies , feeling a little bit nervous when she was caught offguard .. 

"oh come on , i know you need someone to talk with, you don't have anyone except me, or you'd prefer your brother?" Katie laugh a little making the younger one frown . 

"okay fine.. i did met him again and we exchanged number and such , and we met again , unplanned in Monte Carlo. i don't know Katie , this is weird.." she heave a sigh 

"honey, that is not weird. you know it's fate don't you?" she stop munching her food after hearing the word fate

"we're just friends , nothing more than that.." she start munching her food back and take another one in

"stop saying that, friends can always end up being together. you know that don't you" 

Jinri isn't so sure about it. she don't wanna think about it much because she don't want to hope so much from him, being friend is more than enough and she is happy with it. she's just afraid that someday , when he hope so much from him , ended up having a heartbreaking moment , like find out he already have someone , or meeting someone better than her. 

 

 ✈

 

"you're going out?" asked Soojung , walking down the stairs slowly , holding onto the railing as she walk down each step.

Minho look up to see her wife walking down , he stop for a while before putting on his watch on his wrist. 

"yes actually. the office called" it's almost night and it means dinner time , Minho hates leaving his wife alone during dinner

"you have new schedule maybe?" said his wife , he noticed how slow it was and he knows that she's not that happy . not because he got a new schedule to go and fly , its because he's leaving at this hour , the time where usually they'll sit down together , talk and laugh before having dinner and yet again cuddle in front of the muted tv.

"i tried to come home before 9" he smile as he walk closer to his wife , holding her soft hands 

"i won't keep that as a promise" she ch

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter