Goodbye

Above the Clouds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

❝Goodbye;
_______________________________________________________________________________
                                  - goodbye Cannes , hello new friend  -

 

Frankly speaking , Jinri did not really enjoy Cannes for some odd reason . but one of the thing she know that it is definitely the one that disturbed her travel life is a meeting this evening. 5 days in Cannes went alright for her , the beach was absolutely beautiful but  she only got to see it from afar since she got plenty of places to go before head to the beach on her last stay . She had everything written down in her journal and her work book for CJ. Her trip in Cannes was amazing yet kind of stressful especially when there's a time she thought she'd get her day off after her short visit to the office , but she was wrong . 

The boss gave her a little work and end up being in the office til evening

And time flies so fast , it's already her last day in Cannes . the only thing in her mind right now is the beach and how much she wanted to just lay down on the sand , let the sun light shine down on her , probably will have some sun bathing and such. 

Yes that's what she's going to do after the meeting and nothing can stop her . 

"taxi!" she shouted , totally forgot to whistle but thankfully the taxi stop for her 

The meeting is held at a french magazine office few blocks away from her hotel but she got lazy since she's wearing high heels and obviously she can't run. 

One thing in her mind right now is /i'm dead/ because she's kind of late for the meeting , it'll start in a minute or so and she's stuck in the traffic . tapping her heels at the back as she look around her , the taxi driver starts honking and the other cars keep doing the same thing , only to cause a loud honking sound and fighting . Hectic

"jeez!" she cursed under her breath , tossing a 10 dollar bill to the taxi driver and quickly got out from the taxi . she got no choice but to run to the building that is a block away . 

Heaving out a sigh , she take off her heels and run as fast as she could despite the heavy traffic and the busy street with people coming out and in from the shop lots. 

"sorry , sorry" she apologised as she run forward , feeling quite bad for bumping onto people as she run 

Standing tall in front of the office entrace , wiping off the sweat that starts to drip down her forehead , still having her high heels in her hands and files in her other hands . 

"Nomad Travel Magazine" she told the receptionist as she panted hard .. 

"Ms.Choi?" she asked , Jinri nods , trying to catch a breath . 

People were looking at her as she panted hard , her hair gets messy and she is still standing there , bare feet. She look around herself to see business women and men were looking at her oddly , she look down to see her bare feet . she look back up to the people who's staring at her and let out an awkward chuckle 

Quickly put on her heels and tied her hair up into a ponytail as she waited for the receptionist to give her an access card to the office level .

"here's your ca-"

"thank you" she snatched the card and rush to the elevator , pressing the level 24 button and quickly press the close button , hoping that no one will get into the same elevator as her . 

She cursed under her breath at how tired she got . she got off the elevator to see the boss and few magazine editors already in the meeting room and the only thing she have in her mind is that she'll definitely going to get scold for being late. 

"you're late" said the tall looking lady in a black suit , she got scared when she first met her 

"i-i'm sorry , i got lost" she lied , that's the only reason that she can make up , plus they'll consider it since she's not even french who live in Cannes. 

"well it's fine for me , but Mrs.Kingsley just left to Budget Travel office , you still have to give her that file" 

She look down to her hands that's still holding that files . 

"moving on!" she jolted in her place and quickly get out from the meeting room

"she want the file in 20 minutes. oh and darling , please change , she'll reject your work if you meet her in that filthy clothes" 

"what?!" she cursed under her breath before running towards the elevator .

"what , they think i'm a deliver girl!? and filthy clothes?!" she cursed once the elevator closed and went down to the first floor. 

Looking at the street , the traffic is ridiculous and she'll definitely not gonna make it on time , right now she can just get to her hotel and change by running , but how to get to that office in time . she only got less than 20 minutes now . Once again she takes off her heels and run back to her hotel , starting to get sweating a little bit but thank goodness she's not that type who sweat a lot . 

Arrived at her hotel , she rushed to the elevator still bare feet and pressed her room level . Jinri still can't forget that words from that old lady from Nomad Magazine . she even said her clothes are filthy. Jinri look down to her watch and realise she doesn't have much time , as soon as the elevator open its door , she rushed to her room , tossing the files and her bag on the bed as she rush to find the 'perfect' clothes to meet Mrs.Kingsley

"gosh!" she take her clothes and bags and files with her , locking the door and rushed to the elevator .

Jinri realise this is definitely not the best way to do but since she's in the 20th floor and it takes 21 floor to get to the lobby , she decided to actually change her clothes in the elevator . Putting down her bag and the files on the floor , as soon as the door closed and quickly take off her pants and her top 

Her toe kept pressing the closed button , in case if it decided to open at some random floor and exposed her almost body to some stranger . Jinri bend down to take the black skirt , putting in her left leg and quickly do the other one , her toe left the button 

The elevator stopped . 

The door's opened making her gasp when she realised her toe left the button , that's why the elevator stopped. 

" !" she cursed as the door is slowly opening to see a man standing tall in front of the elevator . surprised to see Jinri who is half as the skirt is only half way up to her thighs . 

A soft scoff left the man's mouth , eventually get into the elevator and turn around to face the door . 

"why are you changing in the elevator?" he asked , Jinri let out a sigh of relieved as the guy give his back and hold the close button like she did before . 

"i'm late for work" she murmured from his back . 

"you should've change in your room instead of changing it here , what if people see you , half in the elevator" he said 

"you've seen it anyways , Taemin" he chuckle a little when she mentioned his name. she remember his name

"this is so stressful" he heard her faint voice at the back and peek a little , she's all fully dressed now , he let go the button and turn around as he rested his back on the elevator 

"going for an interview?" he asked when he see her taking the files up from the floor. 

"no , i've got to get these files to some french/english 'bossy' lady blocks away from this hotel" she let out a sigh 

Jinri bit her files to free her hands and tie up her hair into a clean ponytail , cleaner than before. She struggles up a little bit the with headband and the files in between her lips . Taemin saw her struggling with the things she's doing , he quickly take the file away from her lips , that's almost drop down to the floor. 

"thank you" she mouted , tying it into a nice tight ponytail . 

"so ... what do you do for living?" he asked as Jinri take the files from his hands . This is one of the question she hates the most.

"i'm a .. a funiture designer" she lied . 

"oh , cool" he look back to the front and it's just silence , she hates lying to people , but as for now , this is the best way since she is still hiding her trueself from the world . 

She saw him holding his pilot uniform and honestly , she think he looks good in that uniform though he is still looking good just wearing a simple t-shirt with shorts right now , his black pushed back hair looks fine on him and that jawline , she never missed that sharp jawline of his 

"you're heading back today?" she break the ice and he look back to her

"yeah , tonight . i need to get this clean and iron up before we head to the airport" he smile a little before turning away

"i'm so gonna be late" she murmured when she look at her watch and she only got 10 minutes to get to the office building

"where are you heading?" he asked and finally the door's open and they both got out 

"Rue Dame , it's few blocks away , but i still have to get the cab" he look to his right to see the heavy traffic in front of their hotel

"and the traffic is so bad right now" she sigh as she show him to his right whilst rolling her eyes 

"i can give you a ride. i rented a motorcycle , it can get you there on time" he smile a little 

Jinri smile slyly , knowing how great she felt to met someone kind who's gladly to give a lift at this time , though the moment they met back there in the elevator was kind of awkward but she's glad and relieved at the same time . 

"i'll get this to the laundry first . i'll meet you outside" he said before leaving Jinri behind . 

 

 

"haha , Taemin is so weird" Soojung chuckle at the other line who's on the phone with her husband

Having her hands on her slowly growing baby bump , sitting on her comfy couch in the living room with the tv muted. She's happy that her husband is coming back today , he'll probably going to arrive her in the middle of the night and she might be asleep once he get back home . 

"i'm pretty sure he have slight interest in that girl. she looks like your age" her husband talked on the other line

"well , he better do something if he want someone in his life. it's about time though" Soojung giggled a little bit 

Soojung is such a nice girl and Minho honestly couldn't say how much he fell in love with her everytime he got back home , meeting his gorgeous wife . he never thought he'd end up with her , firstly because of his job , a pilot. some of the girls mostly don't want to have her guy as a pilot because he'll be away most of his time , leaving the ladies behind . 

It was almost true but when they have no schedule to fly , they have

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter