I was not waiting for you

Loving The Same Person

Today I directly went to school. "Hey!" Seohyun called out. I went to her. "What's up?" I said to her. "Nothing. Word is that the guy who looked for you yesterday had a bad image," Seohyun said. "So? It's not like we're really friends or anything," I told her. What do they even know about Aiden? I know nothing and they believe every rumor about him! 

 

"____-ah, please solve the problem on the board," the teacher ordered. I may not have listened but I just took a look and knew exactly how to solve it. After explaining it too, I took my seat. During lunch break, the girls were talking. "Do you want to go somewhere after school?" Victoria asked. "Let's go to ____'s house!" Taeyeon said. "Oh, you just want to see someone!" Victoria . "Ani!" Taeyeon shouted. I know that she likes oppa. I really don't care if they become a couple. It's better to have her than having an unknown girl for my oppa. "____-ah, what are you gonna do after school?" Seohyun asked me. "Uhm. The park I guess?" I answered her. "Don't tell us you're going to meet that guy from yesterday!" Taeyeon said. "What do you know about him?" I asked them. "Not much. All we know is, he has a bad image," Victoria said. "And I heard that he has a problem remembering things and sometimes events in his life," Victoria said. I stood up and slammed my hand on the table, "ENOUGH!" I said and walked away. Seohyun grabbed my arm. "YOU DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT HIM!" I screamed at her. "I don't believe them. Don't worry," Seohyun said and hugged me. 

 

After classes, I still haven't talked to Victoria and Taeyeon. They shouldn't have said that. They barely know him. I sat at the usual bench, waiting for someone. Waiting for Donghae. I was planning to take him out for coffee or dinner actually. I smiled to myself, waiting for him. "Waiting for me?" I heard his voice. I stood up and turned to see "Aiden?" I wasn't expecting him. "Aren't you happy to see my face?" he said. I was unsure of what I'm feeling. "I was waiting for someone, but not you," I said. "Oh? Then let's wait for him. But if in 10 minutes he doesn't arrive, you have to take me out," he said. "What?! Why!?" I complained. "Well, you stopped our fight the other day. And I brought your book. You have to pay me." I can't do anything. I owe him. I just agreed.

 

We waited but he wouldn't come. I kept hoping for him to come. I smiled to myself. "What are you smiling about?" he asked me. "I was thinking of the person I was waiting for," I said and still smiled. "What does he look like anyway?" He asked. "Uhm. He has brown hair, cute eyes, cute smile and he's about your height," I said. "You just described me," he said. "Impossible. That's a general desription," I said. "Anyway, 10 minutes is up. Let's eat!" he held my hand dragged me to a restaurant. I couldn't let go of his hand. I looked at our hands that were still together. We finally went into a small restaurant. 

 

"Good evening~ Such a cute young couple," the ahjumma said. Aiden wondered why and noticed his hand, still holding mine. He let go of it and we turned to our opposite sides. Why am I blushing? "What's *clears throat* your order?" he asked me. "Let's have samgyeopsal," I said. He nodded. We sat at our table and started cooking. While waiting, Aiden kept flipping the meat. "The meat won't cook immediately if you keep flipping them!" I told him. He laughed. "I really don't know how to cook this," he said. "Then how can you eat this?" I asked him "Well, Hyukkie usually cooks my meat for me," he said and smiled. 

 

We started eating. "You like them?" he asked me. I just nodded. "Tell me, who were you waiting for?" he asked me. "Well, someone got my planner. And I wanted to repay him," I said. "HIM?!" he yelled out. "Why? What's the problem?" Why did he react that way? "Well, you shouldn't be seeing any man besides me," he said. "Who are you to tell me? You're worse than my oppa!" I told him. "OPPA!?" he yelled even more. "Yeah. You now think I have a boyrfriend now? Tell that to my brother then," I shoved a piece of meat in my mouth. I refused to look at him. How could he act like this? It hasn't been a week since we met and yet he acts like someone who can protect me. 

 

When he looked at me, he was holding his chopsticks with a piece of meat. "What's this?" I asked him. "A peace offering. I'm sorry. I don't want you to ignore me," he said. I nodded. "Try it. I cooked it for you." I ate his meat and immediately spit it out of my mouth. "YAH! Why did you spit it out!?" he asked me. "Well, you burned the poor meat. It doesn't taste good," I laughed at him. He didn't took it as  a joke. I just laughed on my own. 

 

It's getting late already. "I have to go home. It's already late," I said. "It's only 8 pm. That's not late," he told me. "Well, I have school tomorrow.  I have other important things to do," I said to him and turned to leave him. "Wait!" He followed me and grabbed my arm.  "It's not safe for you to walk alone. I'll take you home," he said and smiled. This was the first time I saw him smile like this. 

 

We walked until I can see my house. "You don't have to. Stay here and you can watch me go to my house from here. My oppa might freak out if he sees you," I said to him. He just rolled his eyes and  I walked towards our house. "Oppa, I'm home." It was silent. I looked around and saw a note on the fridge. "_____-ah, I went out with some people. Take care of yourself. There's food in the fridge if you want. Sleep well," the note said. I smiled at oppa's message. I tried to sleep, but I kept thinking of Donghae. It's him I want to see. Not Aiden. But Aiden was not that bad compared to what they said. His smile, it was cute.

 


 

(I hope you like the story. Comment if you have suggestions or anything. I highly appreciate comments.)