I didn't mean to

Loving The Same Person

I sat at the park bench, staring at the little children playing. But among them, one particular boy caught my attention. He was crying. I went to him. "What's wrong little boy?" I asked and he pointed to a young couple who were screaming at each other. I held the hand of the scared little boy.

 

"ARE YOU CRAZY OR WHAT?! THIS IS A LITTLE BOY! HE'S JUST 4!!!" the girl screamed. "WHAT DO YOU KNOW!? I'M THE ONLY MALE FIGURE FOR HIM!!" the guy yelled back. "Excuse me, sorry to interrupt but this little boy," I said. The lady carried the little girl. "You're right. I don't know what to do," she said. "So you'll forgive me then?" he said with full of hopes. "This will be the first and last," she said. "I promise! I won't do it again!" he said. "Yup. Because we're through," she harshly said. Before leaving, she smiled at me. "Thanks, for noticing my brother," she said.

 

I looked at the guy who is now at his knees. "Are.. you okay?" I asked nervously. "Do you think I'm okay?!" he said. "I'm sorry," was all I could say. "Sorry? Tsk. If sorry could fix any problem, she shouldn't have left me!" he said as he walked away. I couldn't do anything. I don't even know him.

 

I went home. Leeteuk oppa was cooking dinner. "How's my dongsaeng?" asked my brother. "Good. Nothing interesting happened," I said. He served us dinner and I remained quiet. I kept thinking of the guy we saw at the park earlier. "Is something wrong? You're usually talkative or happy. What happened? Tell oppa everything." I was close with my oppa. I kept no secrets from him. He knows me very well. I told him everything from the little boy to that guy. "You should stay away from those kind of people," he warned me. I just nodded. We cleaned what we ate and I went to my room afterwards. I couldn't fall asleep. I kept thinking of him. Why is he on my mind?

 

 


 

I took a jog this morning at the park. I started off without my friend. "_____-ah!" I turned to see Seohyu running towards me. We jogged for almost 2 hours and sat at the bench I sat from yesterday. "Yah! I remembered! I have to meet Yonghwa! Later!" she left me and I set my gaze unto the ground. I wated to leave, but there was something more than that that I want , to see the guy from yesterday. I waited for an hour, but he didn't show up. It was almost noon, I have to go home already. I finally stood up.

 

"Waiting for me?" I turned to see the guy from yesterday. "What made you say that?" I said, but he was saying the truth. "Well, you never left that spot since your friend left an hour ago," he walked towards me. "How long have you been watching me?" i said. "I saw jogging around with your friend. I don't know," he said. "Anyways, I wanted to say sorry again," I bowed to him. "If only that sorry could bring her back," he said. "I'll do anything! I'll find her! I'll talk to her!" I said. He smirked. "I wish you could do that. But you can't. They left for France. And she had no plan to tell me anyway," he said. I was shocked. He just passed me by and sat at the bench. "What's your name?" I asked. "It'll tell you if our paths will cross again," he said. "If destiny permits us. Let's see if we are destined to meet each other," he said. "You still believe in those things?" I asked him. He nodded. "Don't you?" he asked me. "No. I think we are to create our own fate and destiny," I said. He didn't look at me and he just ignored me. It was then that I decided to leave.