Goodbye

Loving The Same Person

 

I have to meet with him. It is the only way.

 

-----FLASHBACK-----

“Break up with Donghae.” I was shocked. Was that really the only way for me to be with the person I love? Break his heart? Sure I’ll still love him, but his other side. I can’t stand that. “I know you couldn’t do it. You shouldn’t. But if Donghae gets hurt, he would have no reason to live anymore. And that could totally make him just one person. But I know you won’t do it. You love him. You’re not--. “ “I can and I will.”

-----END OF FLASHBACK-----

 

The thought of it already hurts me. I sat at the bench waiting for him. I’m gonna hurt him so he could be normal. “______-ah!” I could hear his voice. I feel like crying. I wiped my eyes before any tear could fall. I stood up to get a hug from him. “Hey Donghae,” I tried to smile. “Let’s go already!” He was so eager today. He was so happy.

 

“We’re near. Can you wear this so we could cover your eyes?” I just couldn’t say no. I covered my eyes with the cloth he gave me. He helped me walk to where we’re going. He then stopped walking, and so did I. “I’m gonna remove that cover from your eyes. I hope you love my surprise.” He said and gently removed the cover from my eyes. I blinked until I could see what he prepared me.

 

He rented this small place that was filled with balloons, flowers and beautiful lights. Then at the center is our dinner table. He prepared all this. As much as it will hurt him and me, I have to end all of this in a while. “Why are you crying?” Donghae was worried. I didn’t realize that I have already cried. “It’s just that everything is so beautiful.” Was all I could say and I hugged him. “You do know I love you, right?” He nodded. “And I love you too with all my heart.” It just pains me more.

 

He pulled away from our hug and led me to the table. It was with such simple yet delicious looking meals. He pulled me my seat and we began eating. This place is so beautiful. This is like a dream dinner. You just see them on the television, but never in real life. And never have I expect for this to come true.

 

After eating he stood up and music was coming from somewhere. “Would you like to dance?” I took his hand. We danced to the slow rhythm of the music. If only you were normal. If only I have met you as a different person. If only I could hold you so much longer. He then held my chin. I looked into his eyes that made me melt, those eyes that can drown me forever. I can look at those eyes more. But it feels different when Aiden looks at me and when Donghae looks at me. Before I could think of anything, his sweet lips touched mine. I kissed him back. “I love you, _____-ah. I love you more than anything or anyone in this world.”

 

He then pulled away from me. “Donghae…” I let go of him and I looked down. “Donghae… I…” Tears were already falling from my eyes. “What’s wrong?” He tried to wipe my tears away, but I looked away. “Donghae, I love you so SO much that it hurts me to do this.” I said with tears flowing through my eyes. “What are you trying to say?” he asked me with confusion. “I’m sorry, but we have to separate.” He smirked, not wanting to believe what I said. “You’re just joking, right?” He tried to laugh but there were already tears on his face too. “I wish I am but no… I’m sorry… but I have to… break up with you.” I can’t even say it right anymore. “But, why?!” He said. “I just have too. It’s also for you. It’s what’s good for you! You won’t understand! ” It’s hard to explain to you. Even if I will give you an explanation, you won’t believe me. “Just tell me if there’s someone else.” There’s no one. Just you, well, your other side. “Tell me.” His eyes are like fire that could burn me if I stare longer at them. I just nodded. “I just wanna say thanks.” I looked at him. “What? Why?” He smiled with tears. “You showed me the world I never thought would be like. Maybe there really no such thing as a happy ending, because we’re ending and I’m not happy.” With those words he walked away.

 

I made my way home and the lights were off. As soon as I closed the door, I just fell on the floor and I cried my heart out. Suddenly, there were arms around me. I looked up only to see oppa. “Oppa…” I said. “Ssh. Just cry if you want. Tell me when you’re ready. Let’s sit at the couch.” We sat at the couch and I just cried at oppa’s arms.

 


 

 

*I really do love the good Donghae. But no matter what happen, he can never be another person has he is only a part of the person.*