Between Eunhyuk and Me

Loving The Same Person

 

“Eunhyuk?” His face still shows his surprised reaction. “_____, I guess you know Eunhyuk, right?” I nodded. “Can I talk with him for a while in private?” Omma-nim left and went inside their house. We sat at the sidewalk.

 

“How long?” I began. “How long are you planning to hide this secret from me?” I looked at him. “I…” His head was still down. “All this time, I thought I’ve been hurting two people. But I guess I’m only hurting the same person. I thought I’m loving two different people. But I just found out that I’m loving the same person!” I cried out. “I’m sorry.” He just hugged me. “I was afraid. We were afraid.” He said and I wiped my tears away. “What do you mean ‘we’?” He sighed. “Aiden was always known as a bad boy. Most girls like his style. Sometimes the girls thought they Aiden don’t come on their dates because he doesn’t like them, but honestly, he was in his other side or in treatment. He was afraid that no girl could understand him. No one could accept him. But you came along, and how his life changed.”

 

Can I understand him? Can I really love him in his condition? “He was afraid you’d found out about his condition. He was afraid to lose you. _____, believe Aiden when he says he loves you. I never heard him say that. You can say he dated a lot of girls. But never have I seen him like this. Not a girl has he bought flowers for,” He did buy me flowers. Not just once. “If he ever did, the girl demanded. But for you, he even borrowed money for me and still hasn’t paid me.” I just smiled. “Never have I heard him say he lent his jacket to a girl. He had girlfriends, but not one has he lent them a jacket.” His leather jacket? He did let me wear it. “And never have I seen that smile of his. There are times he would be angry or sad, but every time he would tell me what happened between you and him, he would smile a smile I never saw when he was with other girls.” That cute smile of his that I sometimes long to see. “But most of all, I never heard him say the words ‘I love you’ or ‘I love her’, and never have I seen him cry.”

 

I really never took the chance to see the good side of Aiden. Maybe I was just afraid of what others might say if I went with him, that’s why I didn’t choose him. But after hearing Eunhyuk’s stories, I guess Aiden loves me. And I just said a while ago. I love the same person. I love him. I love Aiden. I love Aiden Lee. But,Donghae…

 

“_____-ah.” I snapped out and smiled at him. “Eunhyuk, what do you know about Donghae?” He sighed. “Aiden used to be just like Donghae.” I don’t get it. “Aiden was such a good boy. His father was his role model. When his father passed away, everything changed. He couldn’t accept that. The Donghae you see is the side that Aiden kept. The child like and loving side of him was the side he was. He thought if he could change, he would forget the pain. But things got worse as we saw him get frequent headaches and faints a lot. He would change his personality quickly. We tried our best to make him calm.”

 

So, Donghae is still part of Aiden then. “How do you give him treatment then?” “My mom is his doctor. I was with him ever since.” Aiden and Donghae are two people that are suffering. Even though they are one person, they can’t be one. They’re fighting for against each other. “Did Donghae come out frequently?” He shook his head. “My mom said Donghae only comes if Aiden had such a hard time or if he wants to play. It’s like Donghae is the face that hides the Aiden that is under such pain.” Such pain. I’ve been hurting Aiden. Donghae wouldn’t come out if Aiden isn’t hurt.

 

“I want to help, Eunhyuk.” I said “What?” He must be shocked. “I want to help. I want to do something. I just can’t sit here and see the person I love the most struggle his life! I love him! And I can’t stand him getting in pain! I don’t stop any fights just because I think it’s bad, which I say is, but I want to protect him! I can’t bear the thought of him getting hurt!” I cried and fell unto my knees. There are more I want to say, but the words aren’t coming out right. He hugged me again. “Aiden. Donghae. I love him. I love him so much I want to do something so he could feel better.”

 

“I understand. Tomorrow, let’s see my mom so we could see what you can do. Right now, don’t tell Aiden anything. He doesn’t know about his condition. We kept saying it’s for his temper, when it really isn’t. And for Donghae, he doesn’t know much. Don’t let him know more things.”



 

 

*Aiden has changed. For those of you who also hopes that Aiden will be better, guess what you have to do to Donghae, The story will probably end by first week of January if there will be no more parties and reunions here and there. :p Anyways, the story won't reach or exceed chapter 25 probably. Thank you to my new subscribers and the comments! Love them by the way!*