515

AON ALL OR NOTHING
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 7

 

 

 

 

I had set my alarm for 7:30 so that I would have time to get ready before  having to be at the office. Once I finished dressing I went into the front hall to see Naeun putting her sneakers on.

 

"Hay did you know Mrs. Lee moved out?" I asked her as I put my own shoes on. 

 

"Yea. And a hot guy named Tao moved in. He's from china." 

 

"How do you know so much about him?"

 

"He was moving in when I came home from school yesterday. We talked." She shrugged her shoulders. 

 

I narrowed my eyes at her.

 

"What!? Don't look at me like that. He's hot." She said.

 

"Whatever." I rolled my eyes and opened the door.

 

She came out behind me. "Oh don't act like you don't think so. You know he's hot!" She said loudly. "Shhh." I said fiercely. With how loud she was talking I was surprised he hadn't heard her from inside his apartment.

 

She giggled as she walked down the hall to the elevator.

 

 

 

At the office I entered and went straight for the break room. I needed some coffee. Chanyeol was there eating a donut.

 

That boy and his sweets.

 

"Any luck tracking down Lay?" I asked pouring myself a cup.

 

He shook his head his floppy hair moving all over the place. "No. He hasn't been back to his apartment. He has no family here in Korea and his family in China hasn't heard from him."

 

I sighed. Another disappearance. "He has to know something for him to be hiding out like this."

 

"Or someone thought as the vice presidents secretary he could've stumbled upon something he shouldn't have so that got rid of him just to be sure." Chanyeol said grabbing another donut.

 

That was another possibility. That whoever these people were that we were dealing with had killed Lay.

 

 

 

"Have you seen CL?" I asked.

"Yes she just left the office. She said she'd be back later." Chanyeol told me. 

 

"Wait. What?" I was sure that she said we were going to begin our investigation of Mr. Lin the Chinese Ambassador.

 

 "What? I said she left." 

 

I groaned. I could have stayed in bed. I left the break room. 

"Where are you going?" Chanyeol called out.

 

 "To my office!" I yelled back. I was in a bad mood. I was to tired to be nice. I caught up on some of the other cases we had been working on then I went back to looking at that email rebel had sent to the presidents head security. What did it mean? Was this rebel person on our side? Bom still had no luck in breaking the code. She was beginning to get frustrated and discouraged. Bom wasn't used to not being able to crack anything she was a computer genius. So basically we still had no answers and sitting here staring at this message wasn't helping anything. 

I angrily pressed the button on the keyboard to close the document. I sighed and sat back in the chair and closed my eyes. I was completely worn out and stressed. We had two murders and no leads. A missing possible suspect and mysterious plots and unidentified players. This whole case was one big headache.

 I looked at my phone and decided to do something I had been pondering on for since yesterday. I went to my contacts and pressed in Sehun's number. As it rang I bit my bottom lip nervously. What if this wasn't a good idea. What if he isn't into you like that? You're going to embarrass yourself. I was on the verge of disconnecting the call when he answered.

 "Hello." 

I cleared my throat. "Um hi. Its me." 

 

"Me who?" He asked.

 

 I smacked myself in the head. God this was awkward. "Uh. Sorry. Its Minzy." 

"Oh. Hi! I'm glad you called."

 I smiled. OK maybe this wouldn't be so bad. I took a deep breath and blurted out quickly what I wanted to say. "I was wondering what your plans were for today and if you wanted to maybe get something to eat? Or if you're busy that's OK too I was just wondering that's why and...."

 He interrupted my insane rambling. "Woah. Woah. Slow down." He laughed. "Yes. I would love to get something to eat. How about lunch today?" 

I was shocked. I didn't expect him to agree to readily. He was extremely handsome and a successful doctor, he must have leagues of girls after him all the time. I guess I just really didn't expect him to have any interest in me. "Uhm. Yes. I can do that."

 "How about we meet at Tartine cafe near itaewon. I love their cakes." 

 

"Oh I know that place. My younger sister and her friends go there all the time."

 

"OK. See you at 1."

 

I hung up the phone a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter