Questioning...

AON ALL OR NOTHING
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I wouldn't call myself the best cook but I wasn't the worst either. It was actually pretty fun joking around in the kitchen and cooking with Tao. I marveled at how different things were lately. The only people usually in this apartment was me and Naeun. We both didn't like people invading our space so we rarely invited friends home unless we were really close. And yet last night I let Sehun stay over and now today Tao was helping to cook dinner. Things were definitely changing.

 

I was at the stove stirring the stew that we would eat with the meat when I felt Tao's presence behind me. He stepped close, I could feel his chest pressed against my back. "What are you doing?" I asked breathlessly.

He then reached up and took something out of the cabinet above the stove. "Just getting this." He said backing away.

That little, I took a deep breath and released it. He so did that on purpose, but I don't know why it affected me. I turned from the stove and watched him as he mixed the vegetables into the big bowl hr had gotten from the cabinet. "So..." I started off saying as I walked over and stood beside him. He raised his eyebrows at me and said, "So... What"

I wanted to grill him for information but I didn't know how to go about it without being obvious. "Why did you move to Korea?" I decided to go with. "Do you have family here?"

He shook his head. "Nope."

 

"So then why did you?"

 

"Better job opportunities."

 

"Oh yeah.. Because your a computers expert, like Bom. Where did you work before the blue house hired you to work on the Rebel hacking case?"

 

He chuckled. "Are you interrogating me?"

 

Dam, caught out and I was trying to be so subtle. "No. I'm just trying to get to know the man I am about to have dinner with."

 

He reached over and ruffled the hair on top of my head. "Your cute."

 

I scowled at him. This is why he annoyed me. He didn't take anything seriously and I seriously hated how he could so easily and effectively change the subject when something came up he didn't want to talk about. I rolled my eyes at him. "Whatever." I went back to the stove to check on the food. If it was the last thing I did I was so going to figure out all of Tao's secrets.

 

 

"So... Where is Tao?" Dara asked me as we stood around in the break room sipping coffee. I shrugged. "I don't know. Why are you asking me?"

 

She nudged me playfully with her shoulder. "He's your neighbor. You had to have seen him."

 

"Not really." But I had. I actually followed him before coming into work today. All he did was go to the blue house though. Must be reporting in with his superiors. "I am not the mans keeper." I said for good measure.

 

Dara laughed at me. "Calm down I was just asking."

 

"And why were you asking? Why do you want to know?"

 

I really hoped she wasn't curious about him because she like him. That left a sickening feeling in my stomach, like I might vomit.

 

"No reason." She put her cup down in the sink and said. "Time to get back to work." She then walked off heading for her office.

 

Well that was strange. I shrugged it off. I had more important things to worry about, like how Tao was involved in this case. I put my cup in the sink too and went to my office. As I sat down at my desk I noticed that a had a new email waiting for me. I clicked on it and almost had a heart attack at the words printed before me.

 

All around you are people who you can't trust. Open your eyes and see. There is a larger plan than killing the vice president and as I'm sure you know ambassador Lin is apart of this plan. The vice president was apart of the larger original plan, but look how

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter