Unexpected

AON ALL OR NOTHING
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I followed Tao down the beach getting closer to the surging waves. "These shoes aren't made for beach walking." I called out to him as I wobbled my heels squishing into the soft sand. Tao looked back at me and laughed. He held his hand out to me. "Come on."

 

 

I took his hand and let him help me. He stopped took off his jacket and spread it out on the sand for me to sit on. I took my heels off first before kneeling down and sitting on my legs. "So this is the fun place?" I asked looking around at the deserted beach. Tao was looking out at the waves. He smiled slightly. "Yeah. Beautiful isn't it?" I nodded. It was. I've never been to the beach at night. It had a beautiful and haunting look to it. "Sitting here looking out at this vast ocean I can leg all my troubles and worries disappear for a while."

 

 

"What worries?" I asked him fishing for information.

 

 

He shrugged. "Just complicated things. You'll know what soon and you'll wish that you never did." He looked at me with an empty look in his eyes. He looked so lost and dejected like, he had given up. But given up on what? He broke eye contact and poured the contents of the plastic bag onto the sand. It was a bag of snacks. I grinned as I saw my favorite chips. I grabbed them and as I pried it open asked. "How did you know these were my favorite?"

 

 

"Psychic." He said grinning.

 

 

I rolled my eyes.

 

 

Me and Tao sat on the beach eating snacks and talking about nothing in particular. We laughed and joked and had fun. We didn't talk about anything serious or important. I was reluctant to. Tao seemed different tonight. Yeah he still flirted outrageously and was cocky and annoying but it seemed like an act.  Something was really bothering him and I didn't want to pick at him trying to figure out what it was even though that was my job. We eventually decided to go home because it was starting to get cold.

 

 

"Give me." Tao said holding out his hand for my shoes. "Thanks." I said handing them to him. I walked across the sand barefooted heading for the car.

 

 

As we walked down the street to the apartment Tao jokingly said. "So how was this for a first date?"

 

 

I glared at him. "This wasn't a date."

 

 

"Are you sure? Because it felt like a date to me."

 

 

I shoved him. "Yes I'm sure loser " I said laughing. He laughed to but then said in a serious voice. "Why? Because of doctor good looking?"

 

 

I didn't say anything. But yes it was because of Sehun. I liked Sehun. I really did. If it wasn't for him, I probably wouldn't mind dating Tao. I stopped in my tracks a few feet from the doors. Sehun was standing there watching me and Tao. I got a bunch of butterflies in my stomach and I felt like I would throw up. Without a word Tao walked past me and walked to the doors, he didn't look back as entered the building and disappeared from sight. Biting my lip I took a deep breath and started forward. Sehun didn't take his eyes off me as I came to a stop before him. 

 

 

"Hi." I said awkwardly. "What are you doing here?"

 

 

He didn't say anything. 

 

 

"OK I know this looks bad because I said I was staying in but now you see me coming home with Tao,"

 

 

Sehun interrupted me.

 

 

"Stop. Minzy just stop."

 

 

I closed my mouth and looked down at the ground in shame.

 

 

"Do you like him? Do you want to be with Tao? Just tell me if you don't want to be with me." He said. I felt so guilty. He sounded so hurt and I didn't want to hurt him. "No I don't like him." I said quickly and I felt twinges of guilt because I knew deep down inside there was a part of me that was attracted to Tao. He hadn't felt like a friend tonight. Tonight on that beach, just like Tao said, it felt like a date.

 

 

"So why did you lie?" He asked simply while placing his hands on my face forcing me to look up at him.

 

 

"It really wasn't what it seemed like. He's connected to this case I'm working on. I know he's involved somehow and he said he would tell me everything soon so I'm just sticking to him to make sure he really does." I told him looking into his eyes for any sign of him softening towards me.

 

 

"Can I come up?" He asked.

 

 

I nodded.

 

 

He wanted to come upstairs and I knew what that meant. He wanted to stay over.  "Quiet. Naeun's sleep."

 

I whispered as I unlocked the front door. We walked quietly to the back of the apartment where my room was located and entered. I closed the door silently. Before turning around to face Sehun I had gather up some courage. But I didn't get the chance. Sehun grabbed my arm and whirled me around pulling me tight against his body. I brought my hands up to rest on his shoulders and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter