Breaking Apart

AON ALL OR NOTHING
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The room was silent except for Dara's anguished cries. She sat on the floor beside the table that held Chanyeol's lifeless body. She had his hand clutched in hers as she cried,she was squeezing onto that hand wishing he could squeez hers back. I looked at Bom and Cl who were just as helpless as me. There was nothing we could do for Dara, the only thing she wanted was to have Chanyeol back. It was breaking my heart watching her literally crumbling apart before my eyes. "I was such a to him. I kept denying him for my own selfish reasons, now he'll never know how much I love him." Dara sobbed. "Even when he called me as he lay dying I was acted annoyed over the fact he was calling me." 

I went to her side and knelt down to be at eye level with her. "It wasn't your fault. You didn't know. And no matter what Chanyeol loved you, he's  allways loved you." I told her.

Dara rested her head on the cold metal morgue table and sobbed again. I looked over at Bom and CL wishing that one of them would know what the right thing to say would be. Sudenly Bom lashed out punching the wall. CL grabbed her arm looking shocked but Bom shook her off. "They're all going to pay. Every single one of them. I won't rest until they're all laying in this morgue." she said angrily.

"Then that wouldn't make us any better than them. We will get revenge, they will pay for all that they've done. We will catch them and then they will spend the rest of their lives in jail." CL said.

 

Dara stood up. "No." she said vehemently. "Bom is right. They have to pay all of them. They don't deserve to live their life, in jail or otherwise. Especially not that dirty traitor."

 

We all looked at her in confusion. Traitor? Who could she be talking about?

 

"What traitor?" asked CL.

 

"He called me not to get help, he knew he was dying." she said silent tears rolling down her face. "He just wanted to say goodbye to me. And to warn us about Congress man lee. He's  been working with them this whole time."

I couldn't fathom this. My mind couldn't wrap itself around the idea that this man who was basically or boss was working with the other side. That he stood by as one of our own was mercilessly gunned down. That maybe he was the one to pull the trigger. I agreed with CL that justice should be handled legally but my blood boiled at the idea that he should get to live after what he had done. We all stood around looking at eachother. Where did we go from here? How did we proceed?

"This isn't the end. We aren't  defeated. We are going to get revenge for Chanyeol. Congressman Lee is going to be held responsible." CL said. She looked at all of us finally stopping on Dara. "But we have to be strong to do that. We have to be able to hold all the raging emotions down until this is over. Then we can let it go."

Dara nodded. She wipped the tears off her face and took one more look at Chanyeol's body before walking out of the room. We all followed her. Sitting inside CL's car we try to come up with what to do next. "So how do we plan on doing this?" asked Bom. "No more surveillance, were going to be direct on this. We will go straight to congressman Lee's house and arrest him." Cl said. She then looked at me. "Then where going to arrest Tao also." she said. My heart clenched at that. I couldn't argue though. It was the best course of action. He had the answers to the questions we had and we could no longer wait. I nodded solemly. 

 

As soon as we pulled away from the hospital CL started making calls. She informed them of congressman Lee's involvement with the criminals and what we planned. We drove straight to the office to wait for him to be brought to us. 

 

"I want to interrogate him." Dara said. We were sitting behind the two way mirror watching as Lee was escorted in. "Are you sure you can handle that?" CL asked her. She kept her eyes forward looking into the room. "I know I can." She stood and exited heading for the interrogation room. As soon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter