Moment

AON ALL OR NOTHING
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 2

 

"Naeun". I called out to my sister. "Hurry. I can't be late today." I pulled on my ankle boots and grabbed my black leather jacket and purse. Today was my fisrt day starting as the PA to the vice president. I looked down the hallway trying to spot Naeun. What was taking that girl so long? "Naeun. Your going to be late for school and your going to make me late!" I shouted. When there was still no response I sighed. My younger sister could spend hours in the bathroom.

I walked to the back of the apartment and banged on the bathroom door. I didn't notice that it was cracked so it opened from the force of my knocks. I saw Naeun slumped over the toilet throwing up. I gasped and rushed to her side. "Naeun are you ok?" She nodded weakly.

"Im fine. I must have caught a virus."

She started dry heaving into the toilet. I held her hair back for her so that it wouldn't get into the mess in the toilet. Once she was finished I put my hand under her bangs to feel her forehead. She was really hot to the touch and her skin was clammy and sweaty. "You don't feel fine." . Just perfect. Today was an important day and now my sister gets sick and needs to go to the hospital. My luck was just freakin great.

I helped Naeun to her feet. "Come on I'm taking you to the hospital."

The fact that she didn't protest made me even more worried about her. She hated hospitals and usually no matter how sick she was she would refuse to go. 

I helped Naeun change into some comfortable clothes and put her shoes on. As we left out the front door our elderly neighbor Mrs Lee was just entering her own apartment. "Ahhh Minji Naeun good morning." I bowed politely to her even though I was anxious to get outside for the cab. "Good morning Mrs Lee." Nauen could barely speak just leaning heavily on me.

"Oh no what's wrong with Naeun?" She asked noticing her state.

"She isn't feeling well. I am taking her to the hopsital."

"Go on then don't let me hold you up. I hope you feel better."

I told her thanks and went on to the elevator. Once outside I called a taxi and we waited at the curb for it. "Minjiah just go to work. I can go to the hospital alone." She told me. I looked at her like she was crazy. "I am not abandoning my 16 year old sister when she's obviously sick. No way. Im coming with you to the hospital." She smiled at me weakly greatful. Ever since our parents died a year ago I have been taking care of Naeun. I didn't ever want her to feel like she had no one there for her. She took or parents death harder than me. I was devestated of course but it was worse for Naeun. She was there when it happened. She had to watch our parents die. The cab arrived and we got into the back. "The nearest hospital please." I told him. Naeun curled up on the seat head in my lap. I caressed her hair wishing that I could magicaly make her feel better. The ride to the hospital didn't take long. We arrived there within twenty minutes. I paid the cab fare and helped Naeun out of the car and into the hospital. I led her to the desk in the middle of the lobby.

"How can I help you?" The woman sitting behind the desk asked me. "My sister has been throwing up for hours now. She has a high fever and is weak and can barely move." She glanced at Naeun and then handed me some papers. "Fill these out and take a seat over there. We will call you when a doctor becomes available."

"Thank you." I led her over to the waiting area and helped her to sit down. I then began filling out the forms, after filling out the papers I returneed to the front desk and handed them over. As I took my seat I glanced over at Naeun, she had her eyes closed. My mind went back to what CL would say if I wasn't in the office. She would be pissed I know that. I glanced over at Naeun again. I stood up. "Ill be right back ok." I told her. She didn't open her eyes and just nodded. I went out the front doors of the hospital and took out my cell. I took a deep breath before dialing. "Yes." she answered briskly. I was nervous. Lee Chae Rin, or CL as we all called her, was scary. I had been working for her two years now and I still didn't really understand her. She was closed off most of the time. She wasn't mean or anything, but if you ever did anything that jepordized the job, than watch out.

"Im sorry but I am going to be late." I told her.

"Really, Minzy?"

The way she said it was like she was really saying. 'Are you sure you want to do that?'

I hastily explained what was happening. "I had to take my younger sister to the hospital. Once I know what's going on I will be right in." I held my breath waiting for her reply. "I understand. Take care of your sister and come in when you can, for now ill put Dara on your assignement." She hung up the phone. I looked down at it stunned. Wow I expected her to yell and demand that I show up right now no matter what the issue was, I wasn't expecting her to be reasonable and to understand. I smiled. Maybe I had misjudged our leader. I put my phone in the back pocket of my jeans and went back into the main lobby.

My smile fell off my face when I saw my sister slumped over in her chair and some guy kneeling in front of her hands on her chest. Without thought I quickly ran over grabbing the guy by his left arm and pulling it high up behind his back. "Ahhhh." he shouted. "What the hell!?"

"What are you doing to my sister?" I asked.

"Let me go now." he said.

I ignored his request pulling his arm tighter. He shouted again. "If you really care about your sis

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter