Facade

AON ALL OR NOTHING
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 3

 

I sat outside the office of the Vice President while he was in a meeting. For the last two weeks I worked closely with the VP staying by his side and ensuring his saftey. It mostly contained following him wherever he went and him introducing me as his personal assistant. However their still was no sighn of the person watching the vice president. We knew that there had to be someone because they knew every step that he made.

Its just that whoever this guy was, he was good. 

Once my days were over I went straight to the hospital to spend whatever hours left of the day with Naeun. She healed up nicely and every day she got stronger. As soon as she began feeling well she complained constantly about how she wanted to go home. Despite all the hours after work I spent at the hospital I didn't run into Doctor Oh again either before Naeun was discharged. I was a little dissapointed because I was working up the courage to maybe ask him out. I was going to use the excuse of taking him out to eat to make up for hurting him but I never got the chance.

"So how does a person get a job like the one you have?" Lay asked bringing me out of my thoughts.

Lay was a soft spoken and obviously intelligent guy. He was sweet and nice and had made me very comftorable during the few weeks I had been here. "I could tell you. But then I would have to kill you." I said making a lame joke. I inwardly cringed. Ughhh why did I always get so akward and weird around attractive guys. Lay laughed at the joke anyways, because as I said he's a nice guy.

"So todays the big day huh. Should we be worried?"

He was talking about the fact that on this specific day the vice president had a speech scheduled in a hotel that was specially marked on the paper we had found. We figured that our guy would make his move today. We were hoping that we would be able to catch whoever he was before today but... Anyways today everyone was on high alert. I shook my head at Lay. "Nothing to worry about. We've got everything covered." I told him. I wouldn't go into detail with him because he wasn't authorized but I wanted to reasure him that we had everything handled.

 

At Oasis hotel one of the large banquet halls was filled with reporters and fellow politcians waiting for the Vice Presidents speech. Our team and backup was placed discreetly around the hotel and inside the banquet hall. I was upstairs in the Vice Presidents hotel room as him and Lay went over the speech he was making. I was feeling restless and impatient. I was eager for something to happen. Not that I wanted the VP to get hurt. I was anxious for this criminal to be revealed and captured.

Lay and the VP came from the ajoining room into the hotels living room space where I was waiting. "Ready?" I asked. 

When he nodded yes we left the room into the hallway. We had already decided before that we would take the stairs instead of the elevator. On the ground floor their were two security operatives waitng to him to the banquet hall.

"Lets go. Quickly." I told them as we entered the stairwell.

We walked down several flights of stairs rapidly.

On the third flight of stairs with two more to go before we reached the lobby a sound behind me alerted me to the fact that we weren't alone. I quietly motioned for The Vice President and Lay to get behind me and I then pulled my weapon from my shoulder strap that I had hidden under my jacket. I turned facing the stairs we had just decended. 

I waited gun drawn prepared to fire on any threat that appeared.

Suddenly two gun shots rang out and I turned stunned to see the Vice President falling slumping

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter