Who You?

AON ALL OR NOTHING
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I stood and looked around me. He has to be here still. He had too. I felt like someone was watching me. Studying me. Waiting.

I stepped over Lay's body and walked to the back of the room where the was a window. The house was one floor. It would be simple and easy to escape out of this window. I opened it and looked out. I didn't see anyone.

I straightened up and I caught a flash of black from the corner of my eye. I turned around quickly just in time to see someone with a black baseball hat on sprint out the door closing it behind them.

I sprang into action racing over to the door and swinging it open. I ran out and looked around in both directions.

That guy was fast. I could see a blur of motion far off to my right. He had gained a lot of distance in the seconds it took for me to get outside. I began chasing him down. I wouldn't let him escape. He wouldn't get away from me. I wouldn't allow it. Catching him would solve this whole mind numbing case.

 

As I chased him running at full speed he disappeared inside of a building. I huffed. "Not again." I was hoping it wouldn't be another busy factory where he would be able to blend in and disappear. I reached the door and yanked it open. The factory was bright and well lit but it was empty.

I looked around me and spotted a wooden board on the ground I picked it up. I was about to confront a skilled assassin alone, with no weapon. I needed something.

I walked into the factory fully letting the door close behind me with a loud bang that echoed throughout the place.

 

My heart was pounding with adrenaline and a little fear as I walked around the room my eyes scanning every inch for anyone. My heels clicked across the concrete floor. There would be no taking him by surprise so I had to be on the offensive. I was going to find him and I was going to take him down.

I came to a hallway and as I rounded the corner I felt a presence behind me. I tried to turn around swinging the wooden board but he grabbed my arm from behind me and held it still. I tried to turn around to face him but he used his other arm and circled it across my neck holding me in place against his body.

 

I was in a tight grip but I still struggled. He squeezed my wrist trying to get me to drop the board but I endured the pain and kept it clasped in my palm. Frustrated he pushed me forward and my face banged into the cement wall hard. I cried out at the pain and the shock of it made me loosen my grip. He pried the board out of my hand and I heard it clatter to the floor.

"Let me go you bastard!" I shouted.

He didn't say a word. Just pressed me into the wall closer and crowded me in with his body. I could feel his chest rising and falling against my back rapidly. We stood there like that silently for a moment before I started to get angry again. Why should I stand here weakly and compliant when he would just end up killing me? I rather go down fighting than meekly going to my death.

I kicked back, my heels connecting with his shin. He grunted but held firm. I flung my head back connecting with his face and this blow made him loosen his grip on my neck. I used my body to push back against his. I had enough room now to turn my head. I fully intended to get a good look at this guy.

 

"Stop.... Don't make me have to kill you." He whispered in my ear.

 

I hesitated for a minute but then I continued to turn fully around when my name being called made me freeze. "Minzy!"

 

The guy let go of me and I quickly ly to see the back of him as he raced out of the back of the warehouse and jumped into the passenger side of a black car. As soon as he was inside the driver sped away.

"!" I shouted turning back in the direction that I heard my name being called from.

No one was there.

I swear I heard Tao's voice calling me. Why would he be here? And if he was why would he have disappeared? Now the only lead in or investigation was dead and our only suspect had managed to evade me again.

 

I pulled out my cell phone as I walked out of the building. I dialed CL's number with reluctance. "What?" She asked as she answered the phone.

 

"I found Lay. He's dead."

 

"How did you manage to track him down? How long has he been dead? No wait before any of that where are you?" She asked.

 

I gave her the address as I stood outside of the little house.

 

"When I get there I want answers." She said before hanging up.

 

I sighed. Today had started out with so much promise. A nice picni

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter