Lee Chae-Rin

AON ALL OR NOTHING
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I watched minzy wearily. She seemed different after this latest encounter. I don't know if its because she's blaming herself for Lay's death or if its something else entirely.

 

We were all inside the conference room and I was briefing Congressman Lee on what had happened.

 

"This just won't do. You aren't coming up with anything. The only thing you have is more bodies and more questions. I thought your team was better than this." He said glaring at me.

 

I gritted my teeth. He was really grating on my nerves lately. I took a deep breath before I answered trying to control my temper. "Sir with all do respect were trying our best. We've never experienced a case like this before. But we have some leads and were looking at Lay's background."

 

Congressman Lee huffed and left the room without another word.

 

"What crawled up his ?" Dara asked.

 

I sighed. "I have no clue. Everyone's just frustrated and on edge. I'm sure the president is breathing down his neck for answers."

 

I sat back in my chair. "Bom.." I started to say when she interrupted me.

 

"Yeah I know. Look into Lay's background."

 

I laughed. "You got it."

 

She stood up and sighed mumbling "There goes my Saturday." As she left the room.

 

I looked over at Minzy who was still spacing out. I didn't want her doing anything more today. She needed time to relax and get some space from this case. "Minzy you go home." I told her.

 

She looked at me a little dazed before she shook her head. I expected her to refuse and insist on staying and doing something to help but instead she actually agreed with me.

 

 

"Your right. I think I'll just go home." She stood up and left the room. I watched her go puzzled.

 

"Something's going on with her." Dara said.

 

I completely agreed.

 

"What do you think of that Tao guy?" Dara asked me.

 

I looked over at her and shrugged. "I don't know. Isn't he just hear to appease the top dogs in the presidents security office?"

 

Dara nodded but didn't seem convinced. "He's not even an official employee of the security office. He was brought in specifically to investigate who hacked in the computers and sent the message

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter