DECEPTIONx2

AON ALL OR NOTHING
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

All eyes were on me and I felt guilty as .

I hadn't told them everything about that day. I decided to keep Tao's involvement a secret. Now here I was being put on the spot in front of my team. I couldn't lie to them point blank though.

"Your right." I said.

Chanyeol gasped, clearly shocked.

 

"So tell us exactly what happened then?" Bom said.

 

I focused on CL's angry face as I began to explain. "When I confronted the killer he... He had me. He could've killed me. I couldn't see his face though because my back was to him. He kept whispering, don't turn around, don't make me have to kill you." I paused looking around at everyone's faces.

"I still tried to turn around. And that's when I heard Tao's voice calling my name. I turned in the other direction and the killer let me go. He ran off and jumped into a car. By the time I turned back Tao was gone too."

 

"Why didn't you tell us?" Bom asked disappointedly.

 

"I don't know. I wanted a chance to talk to him I guess. Hear his side of the story. And I never even saw him there, I just heard his voice so I wasn't even sure." I tried justifying why I didn't tell my team ultimately leading to this and them maybe never fully trusting me again.

 

"And what did he have to say once you confronted him?" Dara asked.

 

I looked down and away from everyone. "That he was there, he did call my name. But that he couldn't tell me anything yet and to give him time."

 

"And you believed him?", Chanyeol asked stunned.

 

I looked up then and tried to look them all in the eyes. "Yes. I believed him. I decided to watch him though so that I could figure out exactly what's going on."

 

I looked at CL who still hadn't said anything since she demanded to know the truth. "Who do you think the killer is?" She asked.

 

"Kris." I said simply.

 

I watched her closely and saw her flinch a little. I know she suspected him of something but I don't think she suspected him of that. And honestly even though she knew he wasn't exactly a good guy I believe she had some attraction for him. But he was the only person I could think of who could be the killer. She recovered quickly pasting on the indifferent mask that she always wears. "What do you expect us to do about Tao then? Now that we know this we have to question him. We can't just let him roam free. Not when he's involved in this."

 

I bit my lip and ran my hand through my hair in frustration. This is exactly what I didn't want to happen. I didn't want him hauled in here. I suspected that though he seemed to be working with these bad guys there is more to it. If they knew he revealed things to me, whoever these people were, Kris, they might try to hurt Tao. I was racking my brain trying to come up with a viable excuse for them not bringing Tao in.

 

"Maybe bringing the guy in for questioning isn't the best idea." Chanyeol said. I looked at him in shock. I hadn't expected that. I was prepared to plead and have to convince all of them and here was Chanyeol taking the words right out of my mind.

 

"And why wouldn't we genius?" Dara asked clearly annoyed with him. There was a lot of tension between them lately. They were snapping at each other and being generally nasty. He just grinned at her as he ignored her and spoke to CL. "Your worried that Tao is the person Rebel is talking about who Minzy needs to not trust right? That's one of the main reasons you want to bring him in. But what if its not him? What if Tao really does want to help and protect Minzy? By bringing him in that alerts this Kris guy and whoever he's working with that were on to them." He continued.

 

I could see CL and Bom seriously considering what he was saying while Dara concentrated on trying not to look at him. I wonder what's going on with them.

 

"So I think Minzy should continue to stick close to him and figure out what she can and we also have one or two of us follow him around." He finished.

 

I looked to CL to see if I could make sense of what she was thinking. If she would agree to what Chanyeol was saying. She looked at me and said. "Can you stick to him and be objective and unbiased? Will you tell us everything that you find out as soon as you find it out?"

 

"Of course." I said sincerely. It hurt that she had to ask me that. She would have never questioned my loyalty in the past. I had done more damage by keeping Tao's involvement a secret.

 

"OK. We will try it this way for now. But it we don't start getting some answers soon then were bringing him in, end of story." She said sternly.

 

I nodded and waited for her to say more when there was a knock on the office door. "Come in." CL called out.

 

The door opened and Tao sauntered in. "Why didn't I get an invite to the party?" He joked.

 

No one responded. I groaned. We were supposed to be experts at espionage but if we acted like this he would know something was up. Chanyeol chuckled loudly and walked over putting his arm

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter