Me, You, & Him

AON ALL OR NOTHING
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I waited on the couch for Sehun to return. What was taking him so long?

 

Sitting here idle waiting for Sehun my mind went back to Tao. What did he mean when he told me to trust him? How could I trust him when I didn't really know him? He could be anyone.

 

I sighed. I had a problem. Should I tell the rest of the team about what I had discovered? Was I really going to keep it a secret that Tao knows something?

I started biting my fingernails. Its not that I wanted to deceive them, I just didn't think it was the right time to tell them. I felt like I should listen to Tao, that maybe if I did then he would reveal everything to me. Everyone always told me my hunches were like predictions, so for now I plan on going with it and giving Tao some time.

 

There was a knock on the door and I smiled excitedly. He was back. I was going to enjoy this time with Sehun and not think about anything having to do with work. We haven't even had enough time to properly get to know each other. I opened up the door to a smiling Sehun holding up a take out bag. "I'm back." He said.

 

Once inside we set up our food on the table. "Is Naeun here?" He asked.

"No. She called. She's spending the night with her friend so they can go to an amusement park tomorrow."

He sighed and said wistfully. "I remember those days." I laughed at him. "You act like your so old. Those days weren't so long ago."

Chuckling he sat down. "Yeah. Your right." I grinned at him taking my seat also. As we began eating I kept sneaking glances at him. He was just so handsome I couldn't help myself watching him. As I discreetly studied him I noticed some slight bruising under his right eye. "What happened?" I blurred out. "Huh?" He replied confused. "This." I said reaching out and tracing my fingers lightly over the bruising. His eyelashes fluttered and he reached up taking my hand in his. "Uh that's nothing. I just walked into a door like an idiot. I'm fine. Its nothing compared to what happened to you." He looked over my face sadly. "I'm so sorry."

"Why are you apologizing? It has nothing to do with you and I'm fine anyways so stop worrying." He just nodded as I took my hand back and continued eating. "Do you have any siblings?" I asked in an attempt to get to know him better. "No. Only child." He replied. "What about your parents? They must be so proud of you becoming such a well respected surgeon at a young age."

He glanced down at the floor for a minute before looking back up at me. I had a feeling I just put my foot in my mouth because an awkward air went through the room. "My parents died when I was seven." He said. I gasped. "My adopted parents live in China and they're very proud of me."

"I'm so sorry. I didn't know." I told him sincerely. "Its fine. It was long ago. What about your parents?"

"They died too. Car accident, 4 years ago." Even though their death was four years ago sometimes the pain would hit me and it would be like it had just happened. I know Naeun still has nightmares about that day. She was only 13 and in the car with them. She almost didn't survive. I don't know what I would have done if I lost her too. I can't imagine Sehun a seven year old boy all alone in the world with no one. At least he was adopted though and they loved him and cared for him. "I'm sorry for your loss." He said.

"Thanks. And now that we have discussed this depressing things that's killed the mood let's move on." I said with forced laughter. Sehun laughed also. "So your neighbor... What's his name again. Tao? Are you guys friends?" He asked casually as he tool a drink of his soda. Well that's a tricky question. I wasn't sure if we were friends. I didn't know anything about him and I didn't know if I could even trust him. But somehow I didn't think he was a bad guy. I was sure he had the answers I needed to solve this case, and he said he would tell me; in time. So I guess for now we could say we were friends. I shrugged. "I don't know him well. He just moved in but he's...." I shrugged again. "He's cool." I said lamely not really knowing how to describe him. "Why? Do you know him?" I asked.

"No. Just wondering." He said absently. He stood and went to the bag he had placed on the counter and pulled out something and his it behind his back. "What you got there?" I asked. He grinned and pulled out a DVD. "Movie. Cone on let's watch it." He grabbed my hand and pulled me up from the chair and I led him to the living room. "What kind of movie is it?" I asked.

"Horror." He said.

I laughed. "Do you think I will get scared?"

"I can only hope."

I set up the DVD and hit play. I looked over at Sehun sitting on the couch waiting for me and I got shy. I walked over and sat down a good distance away from him. He laughed aloud and then patted the spot right beside him. "Come closer."

I blushed as I tentatively moved closer. I don't know why he always makes me feel this way. So unsure of myself, nervous and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter