ehm, CANCER?

My Bestfriend's Promise

 

-Sunghye’s POV-

I’m so busy talking to Ivy on my phone when I felt something drip from my nose.

“Yah, Ivy, hold on a minute.” I put down my phone and touched the liquid, BLOOD.

Oh gosh, my nose is bleeding again! I immediately hung up the phone and went to the bathroom to grab a tissue.

“Aish, what’s happening to me?” I mumbled while wiping the blood.

After wiping, I got dressed and went to the Seoul National Hospital in my red Audi A6.

When I arrived, I immediately asked the nurse if Dr. Jung has his clinic now. Dr. Jung is our family doctor.

And yeah, Seoul National Hospital is owned by us, the Lee family. :)

“Yes, Ms. Lee. He has his clinic now.” The nurse told me.

After some minutes, I finally finished the laboratory tests they’d given me and the results were also finally ready.

I felt an instance of nervousness as I went inside Dr. Jung’s room. I sat down and asked him to read and explain my results.

He looked at me seriously as he entwined his hands with each other, “Sunghye, you have Leukemia. Blood cancer, more particularly.”

“MWO?” I’m shocked. Am I hearing it right? “Are y-you sure, Dr. Jung? Maybe, you’re wrong.. check the results once again.. You have probably mistaken?”

“I can’t be wrong, SungHye. You really do have a cancer.”

“Andwae! How? W-why?!” I’m starting to cry. There’s no way I have that freaking illness like my older sister and my grandmother.

“Genes. Your older sister, Hyojin, died on the same illness, right? And also, your grandmother.” He told me, I slowly nodded.

I used all of my remaining guts to ask, “What is the percentage of my survival?”

“40% as of now. But if you do the treatment, like chemotherapy, it’ll be up to 55% .. but, Sunghye, chemotherapy has the side effects including, Hair loss, Nausea, Mouth Sores, and infertility.” He said.

Oh gosh. I’ll surely not do chemotherapy. My sickness will be so obvious because of those hair loss and everything. Sigh.

“Medicines? Are there available medicines?” I tried to be calm.

“Yes. You can take them too. But it’ll not increase your chance of survival as much as chemotherapy does.”

Maybe, I’ll just take the medicines. I don’t want to do those therapies.

“Thank You, Dr. Jung.” I bowed, “and may I ask you a favor?”

“Sure, Sunghye.” He adjusted his thick-rimmed glasses.

“Please. Don’t tell this to my mom and dad. And also to Donghae oppa..” I said.

“But, why? They should know all about this!” He asked.

I snapped back, “No. I don’t want them to worry about me. I will be fine. I will survive this. And also, don’t tell Kyuhyun. Please, Dr. Jung?”

“sure..” He sighed.

I bowed once more and left. I went back inside my car and banged my fist on the steering wheel. I looked down and cried, “Why me?!”

I should live. No one except me must know about this stupid illness of mine.

I drove and decided to stop on MyeongDong to take some leisure walk. I found a bench and sat on it. I deeply sighed.

“Wow.. that sigh was pretty deep. Haha, any problem?” A man sat beside me.

“Oh, Sandeul.” I smiled.

“Looks like, you’re thinking of something? You look pensive.” He asked.

“I do? Haha, well, I’m sort of thinking of something.” I chuckled and adjusted my seat to be more comfortable.

“mind to share it with me? Maybe, I can help.” He  leaned his back and crossed his arms.

“You can help me even if I’ll say that I have cancer?” I looked at him seriously and by his looks, he was shocked.

“Sunghye? Are you kidding, aren’t you?” He put his hand on my shoulder.

“haha, I’m joking..” I fake-chuckled, “I have no problem, silly~”

He grinned, “Are you sure? I just thought you have.”

I sighed, “I’ll go home now, Sandeul. Thanks for … err, talking to me?”

“I’ll take you home!” He offered and let out a small chuckle.

“Nah.. no need. I have my car with me.” I said and waved goodbye.

He also waved goodbye and I drove home.

 

(The Lee’s Mansion)

“Where did you went?” My brother asked me.

“Oh.. I just had a day with kyuhyun..” I quickly replied and went upstairs. I’m too tired, I need sleep.

 

-Donghae’s POV-

“Oh.. I just had a day with Kyuhyun.” She answered while heading upstairs to her room.

LIAR. Kyuhyun’s with me the whole day. I just came home from a group bonding of us. Is my sister hiding something from me?

I went upstairs and saw her sleeping. She’s such a fast-sleeper. Haha. Anyway, a brown envelope with her name on it caught my attention.

“huh?” I opened the envelope and I was shocked with what I saw.

CANCER?! Sunghye has cancer? No way. This is all a lie!

She coughed so I immediately made my way out of the room with the envelope. I’ll  confront her about this tomorrow. She needs to explain EVERYTHING.

~~~~

So yeah. this chapter is mainly about Sunghye and her illness. :)

 

I just wanted to say THANK YOU for all those lovely SUBSCRIBERS and READERS.. I love you all. :*

 

-JellyKyu27 ^_^v