(ƒ) Hidden Truth

Senior year

“Ellin, wait! Can we talk for a second” Jinyoung yelled fearfully as he tried to make his way up the table.  Gummi quickly grabbed his arm and held him down, making sure he didn’t get in the way of Ellin’s speech.

“Gummi, let go! You’ve gotta stop her for me, please!” he begged. “Jinyoung, it’s too late. Just shut up and listen, or if you like she can write a paper and post it online for even more people to see” Gummi said, making Jinyoung close his mouth.

 

“You all think you’ve got us all figured out, huh? Well guess what, life isn’t black and white. You can’t just assume from what you see on the outside. But since you are all superficial ignorant idiots, I’m going to just tell you what happened between Jinyoung and I, so listen up”

 

~Flashback~

“Ellin-ah, did you get my message?” Jinyoung asked as he and Ellin sat beside each other, hand in hand, waiting for the bus to arrive. “What message? I don’t know what you’re talking about~” Ellin lied, Jinyoung pouting in response. “What do you mean you don’t know? I know you got it, don’t act clueless!” Jinyoung whined.

“Okay, you got me, I got it but… I don’t know Jinyoung, I don’t think I’m ready to meet your parents. Is it really necessary? We’re only in grade 9” Ellin laughed.

“You know how our parents are, they get paranoid at who their kid’s are dating and think way into the future. It’s so stupid but they won’t leave me alone until they meet you” Jinyoung explained.

“You’ve managed to avoid it for 2 years, can’t you do it for another?” Ellin pleaded.

“I can’t, we’re in high school now” Jinyoung sighed. “Why are you so worried, I’m sure they’ll love you as much as I do” Jinyoung comforted, pinching Ellin’s nose.

“I’m nervous, okay? I’m not really the most ideal girl people want their son to date” Ellin confessed. “That’s why I like you though” Jinyoung smiled. “Yeah, but your parents won’t” Ellin stated stubbornly. 

“Ellin-ah, don’t worry, okay? You’re really stressing for no reason, and either way, I’ll always be here to protect and defend you, alright?” Jinyoung consoled.

“...Ugh, alright then, that’s a promise” Ellin said, giving in.

“Great, then tomorrow you’ll walk home with me, right?” Jinyoung asked happily.

“You owe me big time Jung Jinyoung” Ellin crossed her arms in defeat.  “I know” he smiled and leaned in to give Ellin a kiss on the cheek.

“That’s not good enough” Ellin said, shaking her head in disappointment.

Jinyoung nodded and leaned to give her a kiss on the lips until she put her finger in the way “No, no” she said, making Jinyoung sigh. "Then what the heck do you want?" Jinyoung laughed in frustration.

“I want food. Like a box of chicken wings and some fries” she requested, making Jinyoung laugh even more. “You’d rather have a box of chicken wings than a kiss from me” Jinyoung said, pretending to be offended. “Yup” she grinned, getting up from the bench they were sitting on. “Well, looks like the bus is here. I’ll see you tomorrow Jinyoung~” Ellin sang.

“Bye Ellin” Jinyoung waved.

Ellin smirked and pulled Jinyoung in for a hug, she pulled away and gave him a kiss on the lips “don’t trip on the way home” she whispered before running into the bus.

Jinyoung stood there in a daze and began to happily walk back home.

 

 

“You’re actually meeting them tomorrow?” Gummi asked, shocked and nervous for her friend. “Uh-huh, I’m just going to get it over with. He met my parents so I should meet his, right?” Ellin reasoned. “Yeah but... your parents aren’t typical rich parents, they’re cool and nice” Gummi chuckled.

“How bad could his parents be?” Ellin said, “now help pick out which shoes and jewelry I should wear. I’ll be wearing my uniform so I’ll have to compensate with these”

“Isn’t your book bag brand name? I think they’ll forgive you Ellin” Gummi laughed. “I’m being a little too much, right? I mean if his parents don’t like me then screw ‘em!” Ellin said half-heartedly.

Gummi looked at her nervous friend worriedly “if his parents don’t like her… they’ll definitely try their best to pull them apart” she thought.

 

 

“That necklace is blinding my eyes” Jinyoung said, putting his hand in front of his face, “oh common, it’s not that bad.” Ellin insisted "these are only 2 carrat diamonds" she joked. She was walking with Jinyoung to his house, her heartbeat rising steadily. “Yeah it is, I’ve never seen diamonds shine so bright” he laughed. “Well you better take note then because I like my diamonds to always shine this bright” she said, sticking her tongue out.

 

As they approached Jinyoung’s door, Ellin quickly began to fix her hair and made sure there were no wrinkles on her clothes. “Wait, do I look okay?” Ellin asked before Jinyoung opened the door. “You look fine, Ellin” Jinyoung reassured, giving her a comforting smile. He then proceeded to unlock the door.

One of the maids greeted them before Jinyoung lead Ellin to the guest room. They both sat down but Jinyoung quickly noticed how nervous Ellin was. Her leg was shaking a little bit and she began to fidget with her fingers.

“Ellin-ah, don’t worry” he said, putting his hand over hers, she gave him a small smile and her nerves began to calm down a bit.

 

Suddenly, three people entered the room. Ellin immediately got up and bowed.

“Ellin, this is my mom, my dad, and my aunt” he pointed “and this is Ellin, my girlfriend” Jinyoung introduced with a confident smile. Ellin was too shy to say anything so she just nodded and bowed again.  

“You can sit down, dear” his mom said, Ellin nodded and did as she was told.

Although Jinyoung’s mother was being nice, his dad had a poker face on, which made Ellin incredibly nervous. His aunt also seemed to be inspecting her every move.

“So, I heard you’ve been together for over two years now, I can’t believe we’re just meeting you now” Jinyoung’s mom said, “yeah…I should have visited before” Ellin managed to reply. Jinyoung squeezed Ellin’s hand for comfort because he could see how tense she was.

“What do your parents do for a living?” she began to ask. “My parents run a company together” Ellin replied. “Ah, is that so? Then they’re just like us” she smiled.

“Ellin, that isn’t your real name, is it?” Jinyoung’s aunt finally spoke. “No… it’s not” Ellin replied. “Then what is it? What’s your full name?” his aunt interrogated.

“Kim Minyoung” Ellin answered.

Anger began to fill his aunts eyes and she abruptly stood up from her seat “get out of this house!” she ordered.

“Huh, what?” Ellin said, confused at why she was so outraged.

“Why are you being like this, she didn’t even do anything” Jinyoung defended.

“Jung Jinyoung, have you no shame? Do you know who this girl is?!” his aunt yelled. “is she perhaps-” Jinyoung’s mom pondered.

“She’s Kim Mingook’s daughter! The one my brother went to school with. Are you unaware the relation they have with each other, Jinyoung?!” his aunt yelled.

Jinyoung didn’t reply, he was confused and speechless.

“You’re telling me my son has been dating Kim Mingook’s daughter for two years?” his father finally spoke. Jinyoung’s heartbeat began to quicken at the rage that filled his fathers face.

“I knew it was her from the beginning. I even researched about her before she came. Apparently she has one of the lowest ranks in the school and all her friends, as well as her, have bad records. They’re criminals!” she accused.

“What the hell!? How dare you call me and my friends criminals!” Ellin suddenly exploded. “I don’t know what the hell is between your husband and my father, but clearly you’re just a bunch of judgmental rich people” Ellin yelled.

“Look at this girl talk! Jinyoung, you’re forbidden to speak to this girl ever again. In fact, you’re transferring schools, understand me?” his father yelled “How dare you date such low trash” he continued, but Jinyoung still didn’t say anything.

“Jinyoung, are you going to just let your family tear me apart like this?” Ellin asked impatiently.

Jinyoung slowly pulled his hand away from Ellin, disbelief filling her eyes. “I- I can’t believe this…I can’t-“ Ellin heart began to break inside, she was so outraged by what was going on and she quickly began to hate, not only Jinyoung, but herself for giving so much love to him.

As Jinyoung’s aunt began to pull her away, her and Jinyoung’s eyes stayed locked on to each other. Ellin shook her head at him in disappointment and the last image she remembered of him was the cowardly expression that laid on his face. 

~

 

“After that, we never saw Jinyoung again, but oh did he manage to ruin all of our lives regardless. Minsun was dating his best friend at school and Jinyoung basically forced him to break up with her. They were dating for three years!” Ellin exposed. “Also, since Jinyoung told his parents our names they decided to make our lives hell since we apparently influenced Jinyoung to be a “bad and disobedient” son. Gummi lost her job that was basically allowing her whole family to make ends meet, while Choa was kicked off of the girls' soccer team that she pretty much leaded. Oh, and me? Well let’s just say I had to move all the way to Canada to get away from his parents’ disgusting tricks” Ellin revealed.

She finally let out a big sigh of relief and a huge weight suddenly began to lift off of her shoulders. It felt nice to finally let everything out.

The whole cafeteria’s eyes stayed glued to her and then slowly paced to Jinyoung. “why…” Jinyoung muttered to himself.

Ellin jumped off of the table and grabbed Gummi and Choa’s hands, “Let’s go” she said to the rest of the girls. They all nodded and quickly walked out of the cafeteria.

 

“Jinyoung, are you okay?” Sandeul asked hesitantly. “Let’s just get out of here” Jinyoung said, still dizzy at what just happened. Jinyoung took a glance at Shinwoo and Gongchan before he left, their faces both filled with disappointment.

 

~Jinyoung’s flashback~

“I’m…I’m sorry…I never knew…” Jinyoung said as he sat in his father’s office.

His father shook his head at him in disappointment “Jinyoung, I’ll be willing to forgive you for the time you’ve wasted with that useless person” Jinyoung slowly began to raise his head, clenching his fist under the table, “you will obediently attend Chrome high, a school suited to your class. After that, you will be trained to work for me…and then eventually take my place, understand? It’s time for you to wake up from your childish acts. This is where you belong. Trust me, soon you’ll laugh at how childish you’ve been all this time” his father said.

Jinyoung wanted to say something, he wanted to beg his father for another outcome, but he couldn’t. That’s because his father wasn’t at all one to talk back to or to mess with. His fear overtook him and he simply nodded in obedience. What he didn’t know was that his decision to just sit back and obey his father would only lead to his change of mind, a mind only filled with greed and lack of care for those around him.

~


there may be some inception going on in this fic. I apologize. Also, please tell me your thoughts on the fic so far =)