(ƒ) Rumors ✍

Senior year

“I forgot to tell you girls that I asked my mom about how you all got into this school” Ellin suddenly brought up as the five girls walked to school.

“Really?! What did she say?” Minsun asked curiously.

“You girls were right. She did get you girls transferred here for the sake of my loneliness…that and... she knew I would cause a fit until she transferred me to another school” Ellin laughed.

“I knew it! But wait…does that mean that she’s the reason why we got expelled?” Gummi asked. “Oh, no way! She would never do that” Ellin reassured, gaining relieved sighs from the rest of the girls. “She called the school and asked them if you girls were still attending it… the principle then accidentally brought up how you girls would get expelled if you caused anymore trouble. My mom then asked her to transfer you girls to chrome high if that were to happen” Ellin explained.

“And she just agreed to it right way?” Choa asked. “Well, my mom gave the school a “donation” in order to do so” Ellin said, making the rest of the girls laugh.

“I wonder how Jinyoung found out…” Soyul pondered. “His family is known for their nosiness, I’m not even surprised he found out before I did” Ellin sighed.

 

As the girl’s continued to walk and chat, their footsteps suddenly came to a halt once they sensed a shadow in front of them, two shadows that is.

“Aren’t you two scared of getting caught by your “leader”?” Choa asked a smiling Gongchan and Shinwoo. “Leader? You see us as his followers?” Gongchan pouted. “Well, it sure looks that way” Minsun commented. “Well it’s not. If that were the case, would we really have ditched him to walk with you girls?” Shinwoo said.

The girls all look at each other with confused expressions on their faces. “You mean you’re sacrificing your F5 morning appearance to walk with the Illjins?” Gummi asked suspiciously.

The two boys chuckled “We know you’re not Illjin’s” Gongchan said as they continued to walk towards the school. “And what makes you so sure?” Choa asked curiously. “Well because… Illjins bully people for no reason but free bread, good grades, and money. You girls only seem to be picking on Jinyoung…” Shinwoo reasoned.

“Well, for now that is” the girls giggled.

 

A few moments later the seven students arrived at the entrance of the School. From afar they spotted students all bunched up in different places causing havoc. They looked at each other confused at what was going on. “I wonder what all the fuss is about” Minsun said as their pace quickened towards the crowd. As they got closer, the students all turned around and stared at them. “Okay, clearly this is about us” Gummi said, sensing the situation quickly.

“What the hell are Shinwoo and Gongchan doing with them?” one student whispered. “The rumors must really be true” “They seriously don’t give up.”

Gummi quickly pushed everyone out of the way, the girls quickly following behind her. “What the is this” Gummi grated as her fist clenched.

 

“Those 4 transfers are total s. They go from school to school to cause trouble and hook up with the most popular and richest students at school. The reason why they hate our Schools F5 is because they refuse to be associated with them. The only reason Soyul is hanging with them is because they promised to get her a date with one of them, how pathetic. And Ellin? Well she’s the leader of all of these s. It doesn’t take a genius to see what her relation with Jinyoung is. Do you really want this kind of low class at our school? Don’t just sit there and do nothing. If we stand together we can kick them out” – Anonymous

 

“Jinyoung must have done this” Ellin muttered, “he seriously crossed the line this time!” Minsun yelled.

Choa turned her face around to face at Shinwoo “I seriously have no clue” he swore, shaking his head. His fists clenched in frustration and pushed the students out of the way, running towards the school in search for Jinyoung.

“Girls, let’s go” Gummi called, rage filling her eyes.

 

 

“Jinyoung, what the hell did you do!” Shinwoo yelled, pushing his shoulder violently. “What are you talking about? The papers scattered across the school?” Jinyoung laughed. “You seriously find this funny? You’ve honestly gone too far!” he yelled.

“Why the hell are you so angry for?” he yelled back.

“Because, all the girls have done to you so far is dump some dirty water on you and we both know that’s a light prank. No matter what the girls do to you, the whole school will be on your side regardless. But for them, spreading around rumors like that can ruin their lives. This isn’t a joke!” Shinwoo scolded.

“Wait, how do you know they all splashed dirty water on me? I only thought Soyul and Gummi were a part of that prank” Jinyoung said, lifting up an eyebrow. “Come to think of it, you and Gongchan were out of sight when that happened…” Jinyoung said suspiciously, crossing his arms.

Shinwoo’s heart suddenly sunk in panic. “What are you accusing of us? You think we were in on it? They told me they all planned it togther, okay?” Shinwoo covered.

“Oh really? You’re that close now, eh?” Jinyoung let out a puff of laughter. Secretly, he was extremely jealous and frustrated at how comfortable they were becoming with the new transfers. “Listen Shinwoo, you and Gongchan better stop hanging around them. I know what you two have been up to and don’t think I’ll just sit around and allow this. And by the way, I’m not the one who spread those rumors, so you can quit the moral lessons talk” Jinyoung spat, turning around before Shinwoo could say anything back.

 

“Not so fast you piece of ” Gummi said, holding him back. The five girls along with Gongchan stood in front of him, blocking his way.

“Jinyoung, did you really do this?” Gongchan asked seriously. “Wow, you too? These girls sure have done a great job in brain washing you two” Jinyoung chuckled.

“Shut up Jinyoung” Ellin spat. “How these two guys even hang out with a loser like you is beyond my comprehension right now, but I’ll save that conversation for later. Why’d you do this? Because Choa kicked your yesterday?” Ellin spat.

“Look, I didn’t do this okay? You know me well enough to know that I wouldn’t post something like that. Do you really think I have the time? If it were me, I would have sent it by text message AND I wouldn’t be afraid to attach my name on it. Now beat it” he replied coldly.

“And why should we believe you?” Choa said, rolling her eyes.

“You don’t have to believe me, I couldn’t care less. Just leave me alone, oh, and stay away from my friends, got it?” he grated.

“Ha, sorry Jinyoung, but your friends seem to be the ones who can’t stay away from us. I guess they’re smart enough to not buy into your bull and think for themselves” Minsun chuckled.

The girls proceeded to walk down the hall, pushing Jinyoung in the process and leaving him speechless.

 

Suddenly, Sandeul and Baro approached the three, curious at what had just happened.

“Who’s side are you two on?” Jinyoung asked angrily, shifting his attention back to Shinwoo and Gongchan. “We aren’t on a side, Jinyoung. The girls haven’t done a thing to us and by the looks of it, they haven’t done a thing to you either but spill some water on your head. Everything seems to have started when you said that disgusting remark to Gummi in the cafeteria. From then on I’ve been thinking that I shouldn’t just trust what everyone says around me” Gongchan spoke up.

“Are you seriously betraying me like this!” Jinyoung yelled in disbelief. “You two are seriously acting like such jerks, how can you throw out our friendship for girls you just met a few weeks ago?” Baro added, Sandeul nodding along.

“So if we choose to hang out with them that means we’re throwing out our friendship? Oh come on, they haven’t even done anything to you two either!” Shinwoo yelled.

Jinyoung walked up to Shinwoo, only inches away from his face “You choose, it’s either us or them” he said, pushing him lightly.

"Who do you think you are Jinyoung? Get over yourself" he replied.

Jinyoung stared at Shinwoo in anger for a moment “Let’s go” Jinyoung said, Sandeul and Baro following him unsurely.

Both Shinwoo and Gongchan stood there, stunned at how irrational Jinyoung was being. “I can’t believe he’s this kind of person” Gongchan said, shaking his head. “He’s changed ever since they came. This amount of change can’t be due to a simple break up. He’s hiding something, and something tells me that both Jinyoung and the girls are victims in this” Shinwoo said.

 

 

“Girls… I don’t think Jinyoung did this” Soyul quietly let out as the girl’s walked to class “why do you think that?” Choa asked curiously. “Well... he wouldn’t do something this big. He’s too scared of his parents to do something that could harm his reputation. Like he said, he usually sends text messages to specific students and attaches his name on it” Soyul explained.

“I guess you would know since you’ve been going to the same school as him for the past 2 years” Minsun sighed. “I wonder who did it though, who hates us enough to go through that much effort” Soyul pondered. “Everyone in this school already hates us, It could be literally anyone at this point” Gummi sighed.

“Well, this is our stop, we’ll see you two at lunch” Ellin, Gummi, and Minsun said their goodbyes before they headed into their class. Not a single students eyes weren’t glued to the three. The girls all had their hands in their pockets and shot their class mates cold glares as they sat in their seats. “What are you looking at” Gummi spat, making the student in front of her immediately turn around.

 

 

“Okay, I need two students to come up to do this equation on the board” the teacher said to the students who all avoided his gaze. “Jung Jinyoung, get up here” he ordered.

Jinyoung sighed and stood up to make his way to the board. The Moment the teacher was about to yell out another students name, Ellin got up out of her seat “I volunteer” she said, Jinyoung turning around in confusion.

As she walked up to the board and stood on the other side, Jinyoung laughed “Ellin, are you sure you want to do this? We both know you aren’t that bright” he laughed. “Instead of moving your mouth without thinking, I advise you to direct your little brain power to the question” she smiled, turning her face to the board.

“Okay, start” the teacher said. The two quickly began to solve the question, determined to be the first to finish.

A few seconds passed and Jinyoung took a peek at Ellin’s side of the board, his eyes widening at how far ahead of him she was. Before he could even finish the question, Ellin spoke “finished” she chimed, putting down the chalk in her hand.

“Wow, I underestimated you” Mr. Kim said, impressed, “yeah, I get that a lot here” she said with a laugh. She shot Jinyoung a devious smile before she walked back to her seat.

“You cheated, there’s no way a girl who ranks last place can beat me! I’m a top 10 student!” Jinyoung accused.

“Jinyoung, how could she cheat? I just made up this question on the spot?” Mr. Kim defended. “You have detention after school. Don’t go accusing your classmates like that. Stop being a child and accept your defeat” the teacher scolded.

“Aish” Jinyoung cursed under his breath before he walked back to his seat.

 

“Jinyoung, Jinyoung, it’s been over two years, you think I’m still last place? Honey, you should know by now about what happens when I’m determined; I win” she whispered to him with a chuckle. Jinyoung ignored her but his teeth clenched in anger. Gongchan, on the other hand, couldn’t help but laugh at Jinyoung’s angry expression.

 

 

 

 

“Why are you studying, it’s lunch” Baro said as he watched Jinyoung chow down his food while he flipped through his advanced functions textbook. “Yeah, what’s wrong with you today” Sandeul laughed.

“Need to study” he replied, continuing to flip through the pages. “He’s officially lost it” Baro chuckled.

“I think I know why he’s acting this way… I heard someone beat you in math class today” Sandeul brought up. Jinyoung sighed and closed his text book in frustration. “I can’t believe it. I’m the top student in class 9! How can she beat me? You know what rank she was in freshman year, #150, let me repeat #150!” he groaned in annoyance.

“Whoa, calm down. Who are you even talking about? Gummi?” Sandeul guessed. “No… Gummi beating me? I can accept that, but Ellin? No way is this the reality” Jinyoung said, shaking his head in denial.

“Why could you accept it from Gummi, is she smart? She sure doesn’t look like it” Sandeul chuckled. “Gummi was ranked number one in the school they got expelled from” Baro revealed. “Wow, talk goes around fast” Jinyoung sighed.

“Yeah, I heard shes got a good chance at becoming number one in this school too. You know what that means Jinyoung? You’ll be out of the top 3. You’ll be number 4…Actually… we may all get kicked out of the top 10 rank” Baro fretted.

“I’ve been too worried about how those girls are planning to sabotage me that I forgot their greatest strength, their brains” Jinyoung said angrily. “Are they seriously that smart?” Sandeul asked in doubt. “Yup, those Heo twins were even in the newspaper as the “brainy twins” of Seoul” Jinyoung revealed.

“I wonder how Soyul will react if one of her new precious friends end up taking her spot though” Baro said with a laugh.

“Something tells me she’ll crack” Jinyoung said, turning around to look at the five coldly.

 

 

“We’re sitting here today” Gongchan said as he and Shinwoo sat on each end of the table. Gongchan sat beside Minsun while Shinwoo sat beside Choa. You could predict that they thought before hand where they were going to sit.

 

Minsun’s heart sunk a little when she took in Gongchans scent. She had a weak spot for great smelling shampoo and it frustrated her how attracted she was to Gongchan. "Minsun, it’s just shampoo, you are in love with a shampoo fragrance, not him” she convinced herself.

“You alright Minsun?” Gongchan asked. “Me? I’m totally alright, I mean, it’s lunch time, can’t you see I’m eating?” she said shoving rice in . The girl’s all laughed at her because they knew this was typical Minsun behavior when she was around a boy she liked.

“Here, take my water” Gongchan said, worried she would choke. “Thanks” she said, trying to act cool.

“So, why are you two sitting with us? Aren’t you scared Jinyoung’s going to cause a scene or something?” Choa asked. “Nah, we don’t really care. He’s a big boy now” Shinwoo laughed.

“Something tells me you two do care about your fight with Jinyoung though” Gummi mentioned. “Just stop hanging out with us and go back to being his friend. I wouldn’t want to be the cause of a broken friendship” Ellin said.

“But isn’t Jinyoung the cause of the broken relationship between him and all of you” Shinwoo said, gaining all of the girls' attention. “How do you know that?” Ellin asked, a little surprised. “Did Jinyoung tell you anything?” Choa asked.

“Jinyoung told us something, but we know it’s just a very filtered version of the story. We’ll tell you what he said once we’re not in a place where students can hear us,” Gongchan said.

 

Right then, someone approached them, she leaned both of her hands on the table and gave all of the girls a cold stare. The girls all turned to look at her. They rolled their eyes in annoyance once they saw who it was.

“What the hell do you want Kim Joohee?” Choa asked impatiently.

“You girl’s really think you’re something great, huh? Now you even tricked these two boys into sitting with you? What did you do, pay them?” she laughed. “Well guess what? I’m the one who spread those flyers about you across the school, not Jinyoung. So if you two are sitting here because you think he did it then you’re wrong” Joohee revealed, gaining shocked and outraged reactions from them.

“What the hell, you’re the one who spread them!” Soyul yelled, getting out of her seat. “What, is the only reason you’re confessing because you’re mad that they’re sitting with us?” Soyul laughed.

“We’re not sitting here because we think Jinyoung did it, we’re sitting here because we’re friends” Gongchan said, standing up in annoyance and surprising the girls at his sudden declaration.

“You’re seriously pathetic Joohee” Shinwoo remarked.

Joohee just laughed, “how cute, you’re all friends who defend each other. It won’t be long until you all break under these pressures though” she barked.

“What’s you problem? We didn’t even do anything to you so leave me and my friends alone!” Ellin yelled as she walked up to the girl. “Why? You and your friend’s are ruining this school. Before you four came, everything was in order! Act tough all you want but you’re all seen as a bunch of low class s, especially you Ellin” the girl spat.

“Did you just call me and my friends low class s? Why? Because we don’t act like innocent humble angels? Or is it because we're not afraid to stand up for ourselves?” Ellin laughed.

“No, it's because of your reputation, Ellin. That and you all are just so good at being cheap. You do realize that you’re only known as the who dated Jung Jinyoung, right?” she said with a smirk.

“What? Did you just call me a-?”

“Yah, Kim Joohee” Jinyoung yelled, interrupting Ellin.

Joohee turned around in fright “why is he so angry” she thought, confused.

“Who are you to say that to her? You don’t even know her!” he shouted. “If you ever pull a stunt like this again I seriously won’t hold back” he continued. The whole cafeteria was shocked and confused. They had never once seen Jinyoung defend someone before.

“Shut up Jinyoung” Ellin gritted, not a hint of emotion in her eyes “You think you can defend me now? Well guess what Jinyoung, you’re too late. Why didn’t you defend me in front of your parents, huh!?” she yelled in rage and frustration. Everyone around her began to whisper.

“Ellin, let’s go get some fresh air” Gummi said, putting her hand on her shoulder. The girl’s all got up and stood beside her for comfort. “No, I don’t want to leave. I’m not running away anymore” she said, determination filling her eyes. She turned around and climbed on top of the cafeteria table, confusion filling everyone’s faces. “Ellin, what are you going to do?” Choa asked.

“I’ve been waiting for this moment for over three years, and it has finally come. You guys want to know what's in between me and Jinyoung? Well I’ll tell you all so listen up” she yelled.

Jinyoung’s face flushed with fear “she wouldn’t…she can’t”