(ƒ) Injustice

Senior year

((trigger warning for a short harassment scene. I don't want to make any of my readers uncomfortable. I will make the scene in red so that you can skip it and enjoy the rest of the chapter))

 

Ellin felt nauseous as she began to walk to her tech class. Just the thought of being in the same room as that creepy substitute made her want to vomit, even though it seemed like all the other girls were in love with him. Other than her friends, she hadn’t told anyone about how she felt the other day in class. She wanted to tell her mom, but for some reason she just couldn’t. She didn’t want her to worry so she just convinced herself that it wasn’t like she thought it was. “E-Ellin-ah” Jinyoung called hesitantly, interrupting her thoughts.

Ellin slowly turned her head to look at him “what?” she said, irritated.

“Sit next to me, okay?” he requested, looking a little desperate. Ellin then realized Jinyoung wanted her to sit beside him because he was worried about the teacher making her feel uncomfortable again. Even though Ellin knew Jinyoung’s intentions were good, and although she felt touched, she replied coldly “don’t worry about me Jinyoung,” she said. Jinyoung’s expression looked distressed in response.

Ellin shook it off and began to speed up her pace, soon arriving at the classroom. She realized at that moment that no one had entered yet since so her feet abruptly stopped. She didn’t want to go inside there alone. She could see the substitute teacher sitting at his desk and just the sight of him made her stomach ache. Just the thought of him made her sick.

“Ellin-ssi?” someone called from inside. Ellin’s heart sunk as she turned around, it was the substitute “ he saw me” she cursed. “Why the hell do I have to be so afraid?” she thought.

“Why are you standing outside? Come in” he asked. “ing creep” she whispered under her breath as she walked in. At this point she was praying for Jinyoung to arrive “what the heck is taking that turtle so long?”

“Ellin-ssi, can you come here at lunch? I have an errand I want you to run” the teacher suddenly requested. “Huh…what? Why me?” Ellin asked nervously. Ellin was not the type to be nervous in front of anyone, but in front of this teacher she just felt anxious.

“Because I trust you, you’ll do it right?” he asked.

“Uhmmm…. I actually ca-“

“great, see you at lunch Ellin-ssi” he cut her off.  “what in the actual is wrong with this teacher” right after that thought, Jinyoung walked in. “now you come!” Ellin thought as she starred at him desperately. She quickly turned around and sat in her seat. Gummi soon entered the room and sat next to Ellin. Gummi promised Ellin that she would get to school on time just so she could get a seat next to her, since Gummi knew how worried Ellin was. Gummi always acted as the protector of the group. “Ellin-ah, don’t worry. If this guy tries anything again today, I’ll make sure to punch him this time!” Gummi said confidently.

“Unni! Didn’t you promise your mom you wouldn’t get kicked out of this school?” Ellin asked, letting out a laugh. “True, well then ill just yell at him. They can’t expel me for yelling at this pedo, right!” Gummi smiled.

 

Once the bell rang the teacher told the students to work on their projects individually. Ellin was thankful that today would just be a work period since she couldn’t stand looking at the substitute’s face for more than a second.

The teacher started roaming around the class, looking at what each student was doing. Jinyoung could sense that the teacher was about to do what he did yesterday; forcefully “help” Ellin with her project by means of invading her personal space. The moment the sub bent down to Ellin’s level Jinyoung got up from his seat.

Ellin’s heart was racing, as the teachers face got closer to hers, Gummi’s head suddenly snapped to his direction, sensing that this sub was at it again. Right when Gummi was about to say something, someone beat her to it “Yah, sub-jussi, I need help with this pointless project” Jinyoung yelled from across the room.

“Sub-jussi” Minsun repeated under her breath, laughing hysterically.

“Excuse me?” the sub asked, shocked at what Jinyoung had just said. “What did you just call me? Is that how you talk to a teacher? Do you know how old I am?” the sub yelled. “No I don’t, but you look to be not that much older than me. How are you even a teacher? Did you pay to get your degree early or something?” Jinyoung asked without hesitation, making the class gasp. “I mean clearly you didn’t get the full length of education you needed by the way you act around students” Jinyoung spat.

“You’re really full of it aren’t you?” the substitute replied “why don’t you ride that high horse of yours to the office!” the teacher ordered angrily.

“Gladly, as long as you stop acting like a disgusting dog” Jinyoung hissed before leaving the room.

The whole class erupted now, chatter filled the room about what at just happened. “Why is Jinyoung Oppa acting like that?” one girl questioned, “I don’t know… You think it’s because of Ellin?” a girl replied. “Ugh that Ellin is so annoying”

 

Ellin could overhear the girls’ conversation. She wanted to scream and put them in their place but she sat in her chair silently. She was so frustrated. “Why am I being made out as the bad guy still?”  

“Ellin-ah? Are you okay?” Gummi asked as they walked out of class. “I… I don’t know…I’m just so angry… I want to live peacefully and graduate high school but…why is this happening to me? Why is everything in such a mess!” Ellin began to vent. “First Jinyoung, now this sub…and now Jinyoung’s even helping me get away from this sub? How can I cut myself off from him when he keeps doing this kind of stuff?” Ellin let out, even though she was secretly incredibly thankful towards him, which made her even more frustrated.

“Wait, what do you mean? Did Jinyoung do something before this whole creep sub fiasco started?” Minsun questioned.

“It’s… it’s not what he did, it’s what he said…” Ellin confessed. “I- I gotta go” Ellin stormed off before her friends could ask her any more questions.

 

Ellin couldn’t just sit around and do nothing anymore. She was disgusted with herself for not standing up for herself and so she decided to directly confront the teacher about his actions. She knew she wasn’t the only person who was a victim of it. All of the other girl’s could sense it too, but they were all just too scared to say anything about it. Since no one else would say anything, she knew she had to, not only for herself, but also for them.

“Teacher, I have something to say to you” Ellin said as she walked into the tech room. “Ellin-ssi, you’re here!” the teacher said with a smile, which only made Ellin want to throw up. “I’m not here to do your errand, I’m here because I want to ask you to stop what you’ve been doing to all the girls in this class” Ellin said. As Ellin was explaining how the teacher was making everyone feel uncomfortable, the teacher walked towards the door and locked it. Ellin suddenly stopped talking once she realized what he was doing “What- why did you lock the door” Ellin said, fear entering her eyes. She quickly turned around to make it to the door and run but the teacher grabbed onto her arm. “What the do you think you’re doing!” Ellin yelled, hoping someone would hear her. “Ellin-ssi, why are you making things so difficult?” Ellin tried to get her hand out of his grasp, but she couldn’t so she began to yell.

“someone help me!” she screamed at the top of her lungs. Right when the teacher put his hands over the door slammed open.

“YAH, get your hands off of her you dirty scum!” it was Jinyoung. Ellin turned around and exhaled in relief, she had never been so happy to see Jinyoung in her life. Before Ellin knew it, Jinyoung approached the teacher and punched him in the face.
“Jinyoung-ah!” Ellin bawled, but he continuously began to punch him “Jinyoung stop! Jinyoung!” Ellin shrieked, pulling him by his waist. Suddenly someone ran through the classroom doors.

“What is going on here!” the principle yelled. “oh , this is just great” Ellin thought. She knew it would be her and Jinyoung that would get in trouble and not the teacher. She was aquatinted with these kinds of situations all too well. The bad guy always gets away.

“This so called teacher was about to ually harassed a student, I saw it with my own eyes!” Jinyoung confidently stated, looking into Ellin’s eyes. “Is this true, Ellin-ssi?” the principle asked.

Ellin was hesitant to answer and looked at Jinyoung, who gave her a reassuring nod.

“Yes, it’s all true” Ellin replied. “It’s not just me, he’s been doing it to all the girls in this class” Ellin confessed.

“They’re both liars!” the substitute yelled. “It’s not me who was ually harassing Ellin, but Jinyoung. Why do you think he’s punching me for? I was about to report him to you” the substitute lied.

Ellin’s eyes widened in shock at the teachers lies. “You really have no shame, do you?” Jinyoung yelled.

“All of you to my office, NOW!” the principle roared.

 

Now the three of them were all sitting in the principles office, waiting for him to come in. the substitute turned to look at both Jinyoung and Ellin and gave them an evil smirk “You two can’t beat me. I’ll put both of you in your place so you better shut your mouths”

“You fuc-“ before Jinyoung could finish his sentence, the principle walked in.

 

“You three better tell me what’s really going on. Ellin-ssi, you seem to be the victim in all of this, tell me what happened, clearly”

Ellin’s heart began to race; she was still in shock at what could have happened. She couldn’t think straight and wanted to just cry but she knew she had to be strong. “Ellin-ssi?” the principle repeated.

Jinyoung put his hand on Ellin’s and squeezed it “Ellin-ah, you have nothing to be afraid of” he whispered to her.

Ellin turned to look at the principle and began to speak “what Jinyoung said is true, I went to the class room because I wanted to tell the sub to stop inappropriately touching the female students and to stop going into our personal space, but before I knew it he locked the doors and he grabbed me. If it wasn’t for Jinyoung… I would have-“ Ellin couldn’t finish her sentence and tears started to roll down her eyes.
“What bull! These are all lies!” the sub yelled. “Ellin-ssi, you don’t have to be afraid of Jinyoung and his family, he can’t do anything to you. Tell the principle the truth! It was Jinyoung that harassed her” the teacher yelled.

“How the hell does that even make any sense!?” Ellin finally snapped, getting up from her seat. “You think I have that little self respect for myself? Why would I cover for my ex-boyfriend? Everyone and their neighbors dogs know we hate each other!” Ellin yelled.

“So then why are you helping her Jinyoung-ssi?” the principle suddenly asked.

“Why do I need a reason? Whether it was Ellin or anyone else, any human being would have wanted to get her out of that room!” Jinyoung explained. “You can ask anyone in that class and they’d agree that this teacher is a weirdo. Some of the girl’s in the class are just convincing themselves otherwise because they’re too scared to tell anyone!”

 

The principle looked at Jinyoung seriously and after a few moments he began to speak “Tell us the truth Ellin-ah, no one actually harassed you, did they? You’re just doing this for attention, right? I’ve seen your past records, you’re not a very good student” the principle suddenly uttered.

“W-what?” Ellin said, speechless at how insensitive the principle was being “how could you say that?” Ellin spat, wiping her tears and anger now filling her eyes.

“Let’s get out of here Ellin-ah, I knew this school was filled with a bunch of scum, I was just ignoring it all this time. Of course this useless principle wouldn’t help us. He just wants to keep the image of the school and sweep this incident under the rug, but don’t worry. I’ll make sure you all pay for this” he grated. He took Ellin’s hand and pulled her outside.

 

After a few moments of Jinyoung dragging Ellin down the staircase, Ellin pulled his arm, making his steps halt and turn around to face her “Jinyoung, what are you going to do? I can’t win to them. Maybe if it was some other student with an innocent image, but not me. Everyone hates me here and no one will believe anything I say” Ellin reasoned. “So what? You’re just going to let him get away with it then? Ellin, I can’t just let this slide. Don’t worry; I’ll make sure they get what they deserve. I’ll walk you home today, okay? Just stay safe and ill take care of everything,” Jinyoung assured, still holding onto Ellin’s  hand.

“Jinyoung, wake up to reality. The moment your parents find out you’re helping me, they’ll either kick me out of the school or pull you out” Ellin pointed out, making Jinyoung’s heart ache in remembrance of what they did to her.

Jinyoung’s face turned serious and his eyes looked directly at Ellin’s “I don’t care about them anymore. I’m not going to let them control me anymore! Just listen to me, okay?” Jinyoung asked, desperately wanting her to trust him again.

Ellin slowly nodded making Jinyoung’s heart sink. He couldn’t explain what he was feeling. For the first time since they were separated, Jinyoung pulled Ellin into his arms and embraced her. “I told you I’d always protect you” Suudenly tears began to roll down her eyes. She let out all the frustration and pain she had bottled up inside of her. After a few moments, Ellin pulled away from Jinyoung’s grasp “Jinyoung…what are we doing. Don’t think we’re on good terms, because we’re not. I still haven’t forgiven you for what happened three years ago and-“

“I know Ellin, I won’t ask for your forgiveness, just let me do one thing right, please, just do me that favor, will you?” Jinyoung pleaded, giving her a warm smile. “Okay, but I won’t hold my breath” Ellin sighed, “I’m going to go now… see you later Jinyonng-ah” Ellin said, she unlached her hands from his. Jinyoung eyes stayed blankly set on hers until she became out of sight.

Jinyoung was in a daze “see you later Jinyoung-ah” those words repeated in his head. Ellin hadn’t uttered such a warm goodbye since they were dating. For a moment, Jinyoung actually thought that maybe things between him and Ellin could actually get better.

 

But that feeling, would soon disappear, since he would soon realize, that literally no one was on their side.


I promised i'd update once a week and so i stayed up till 1AM on a school night to edit this and post it for you all! Lots of drama coming your way!