(ƒ) Repetition

Senior year

“Ya, Soyul-ah, aren’t you going to share any of your snacks!” Choa asked, furrowing her eyebrows at Soyul who was secretly munching on some chips. “What chips?” Soyul said, acting clueless. “Really? I can see them hidden behind you, liar!” Choa argued, pointing at the bag of chips that were behind Soyul’s back. Soyul grinned innocently and finally gave in “I really like these chips, okay?” she pouted, continuing to munch on her chips.

“Ya- ya- enough with the damn chips, I’ll buy you some later, we need to get down to busi-ness” Gummi said tiredly.

“They’re both always arguing about something silly, like a couple or something!” Ellin said, shaking her head and throwing a chip at both of their heads.

“Okay, so I say we grab Jinyoung’s head and just bang it on one of the lockers!” Way said passionately. “What, like this?” Ellin said, crushing a boiled egg gainst her forehead, “Exactly!” Way grinned mischievously.

“That’s too violent!” Soyul scolded “I agree with Soyul, is this how I’ve raised you three?” Gummi asked, the three girls nodding in response. “Aigo, I’m getting too old for this” Gummi said, massaging her neck.

“Then what’s your idea? Should I kick him like a soccer ball again?” Choa asked, laughing in remembrance. “That was funny” Soyul said, laughing along.

“You girls would do this if I had to fight some crazy ex-boyfriend, right?” Soyul asked curiously. “Of course we would! You’re one of us now!” Choa said, nudging Soyuls head. “We only have each other now!” Ellin chimed, the rest in agreement “thanks guys” Soyul smiled, getting a little teary.

Her sight went blurry so she wiped the tears away with her sleeve. “Why…why is my sight still blurry?” She said continuously rubbing her eyes. “Choa, Choa I can’t see” Soyul said through a shaking voice “Choa, where are you? Gummi Unnie, I’m scared. I can’t see anything” Soyul continued to cry while rubbing her eyes. “Someone help me!” she cried.

 

Choked up, Soyul suddenly woke up. She put her hand against her chest and breathed heavily. “It’s only a dream, it’s only a dream Soyu-ah” Soyul comforted herself. Soon her tears began to fall again, this time she didn’t try to stop them “Choa… I’m sorry, I’m sorry” she whispered, cradling her head in her hands.

 

 

The weekend quickly passed and the Heo twins were getting ready for another unbearable day at school. As Choa was making her way out the door, Minsun quickly blocked her. “Choa, you have to tell me what the hell happened with you and Shinwoo last time. I’m your sister; I have to know in order to help protect you. If you guys are on bad terms, then me and the girls have to know so we can shoo him away if he tries to talk to you or sit with us or something!” Minsun rationalized. Choa was avoiding it all weekend but she realized her sister had a point. If she didn’t tell her and the rest of the girls, then things would just be even more awkward for her. “Ok, I’ll tell you. Make sure to tell the girls cause I am not repeating this story twice” Choa gave in.

She sighed deeply before speaking again “Shinwoo and I got into a fight. We were arguing about the usual, you know like how I won’t open up to him and that and then while I was telling him something, he kissed me” Choa explained, shaking her head as she remembered what happened that day. She was still in utter disappointment at what he did.

“Wait, so you were clearly pissed and so he kissed you to shut you up? Who does he think he is? Kim Wonbin?” Minsun scoffed. “I know right? Even if he was, I would have done the same, slapped his face!” Choa exclaimed.

“You- you slapped him?” Minsun said, beginning to laugh. “It’s not funny!” Choa said, pushing Minsun’s shoulder. “Sorry, I’m just imagining this scene and…it’s just so ridiculous. Can’t I yell at him for you?” Minsun asked.

“NO!” Choa immediately replied. “Aish, so you expect me to just not say anything? Fine, stare it is” Minsun sighed.

 

 

“He kissed her? And then she slapped him? He deserved it to be honest… but I’m kind of shocked, Shinwoo really doesn’t seem like that kind of person” Gummi said as she and Minsun walked to class. “I know right? Ugh, I should have never left those two alone. If only Gongchan didn’t bring up Soyul, goodness gracious that one girl has done so much already,” Minsun raged.

Suddenly Gummi and Minsun caught sight of Choa walking over to them “time to zip the Soyul talk” Gummi nudged.

“What is it Choa?” Gummi asked, worriedly. “I’m skipping class” Choa replied, irritated. “What, why? It’s only second period, at least bear with it until lunch and then leave” Minsun advised.

“I can’t. That freak Shinwoo keeps staring at me, asking us to talk and I just wanna punch him in the face but I need to graduate and all” Choa sighed.

“The number of people I would have punched if I didn’t have to graduate” Minsun joked.

“But seriously Choa, you’re not skipping. I’ll go tell Shinwoo to mind his own business if he even has an inch of shame left in him” Gummi assured protectively.

“No, don’t. I just-“ Gummi’s eyes began to drift off to someone who was walking behind them. Choa’s eyes widened, she knew who it was and what Gummi was going to do next.

“Yah, Shin Dongwoo, come over here” Gummi called. “Unnie!” Choa squealed in outrage. “You run off to your class, I’ll take care of him” Gummi said, shooing Choa away. Minsun grabbed her sister and began to drag her away.

 

“Is Choa going to keep running away?” Shinwoo asked, annoyed.

“Excuse me?” Gummi said, appalled by the tone of his question. “You still expect her to give you the time of day now?” Gummi replied. Shinwoo was in shock at her direct words. “Don’t you have any shame Shinwoo? Did you even think about what you did wrong? Just leave her alone now. There’s only two months left of school until we graduate and all part ways” Gummi said coldly.

“How do you know that I didn’t think about what I did wrong? Maybe I did think about it and want to apologize to her now!” Shinwoo raged.
“I don’t care, if she’s fed up with you after what you did then you’re going to just have to deal with it. Take no as an answer and leave her alone” Gummi replied, the bell ringing right after she finished speaking. “Let’s not meet like this again,” Gummi said before she continued walking to her class.

 

As Gummi entered the tech classroom, she was surprised to see their original teacher back. “I could have sworn he was supposed to be gone for another week?” Gummi said under her breath. “You didn’t here? Of course you’d act clueless. Your friend Ellin apparently did something with the sub and so they had to fire him in order to cover up her mess” the girl next to her said, rolling her eyes. “I mean, we all thought he was good looking but at least we have some control…”

“Open your mouth one more time and see what I do” Gummi spat, in disbelief at what this girl was telling her. She stood up, her hands clenched.

“You all better shut your mouths, if I even hear any of you spreading false rumors, you’ll have to deal with me directly” Gummi yelled, all the students staring at her now.

“Who the hell does this Ajumma think she is?” someone whispered. “Seriously so full of herself” another said.

Everyone’s whispers soon died down as two people walked through the doors. Gummi’s head quickly turned, her expression quickly changing from outraged to confused. “Why are they walking in together? She’s really something, first the teacher now Jinyoung Oppa” a girl whispered to her friend beside her.

“Unnie, why is everyone staring at me?” Ellin asked, scared as she felt everyone’s gaze on her. “Ellin-ah, let’s leave…now” Gummi urged, walking over to Ellin.

“Who did this!” Jinyoung suddenly yelled as he looked at Ellin desk. It was completely vandalized, reading words like “” and “gold digger.”

“Holy that scared me” Gummi breathed. Ellin quickly walked over to Jinyoung. Once she caught sight of her desk her eyes gradually widened at what was written on the desk. “I knew this would happen” Ellin said, anger filling her. She shook her head before storming out of the room.

As Gummi quickly followed after Ellin, Jinyoung suddenly soared past her. “What the heck is going on… the last person Ellin would want to see is Jinyoung” Gummi thought. Annoyed at the whole situation, she ran outside to where she saw Jinyoung heading. Right before she was about to open the door, her hands suddenly froze there. She could see Ellin and Jinyoung through the door’s window. Ellin looked to be crying and Jinyoung’s hand was on her shoulder. “She’s letting him comfort her? What the heck is going on” Gummi whispered. Then she suddenly remembered what she saw the other day in the cafeteria. “It couldn’t be that these two made up… how could she keep this away from us” Gummi thought.

 

“I knew this would happen Jinyoung! And you knew it too. This is only going to go downhill for me!” Ellin fumed. “Now the whole school is going to call me the who hit on her substitute teacher! It always gets turned around on the victim one way or another!”

“And that’s exactly why you have to fight. You can’t just let them talk about you like that. They have to know the truth. I’ll make sure the truth comes out!” Jinyoung reassured.

“You’re all talk Jinyoung, it won’t be long until you’ll have to give up too” Ellin said coldly. “I know it all too well.”

Jinyoung knew exactly what Ellin was talking about and he didn’t know what to reply to her. He wanted to refuse it all but something stopped him from doing that. Maybe it was because he knew it would be a lie and he was too scared to admit that deep down inside, he was too weak to protect Ellin from the evils behind Chrome high, one of them being his father. “Just- just meet me at lunch…by the principles office. Just come…if you don’t want to come then I’ll fight with them by myself” Jinyoung finally replied.

Ellin sighed and just shook her head. His expression was weak and she could tell he was almost as upset and frustrated as she was. “Just give it up Jinyoung” were her last words to him before she went back inside.

 

Second period quickly ended and as soon as the Gummi heard the bell ring she stormed out of the room before their teacher could even officially dismiss them.

“That mannerless punk” her teacher mumbled.

Gummi proceeded to go to Choa’s homeroom, and to no surprise, Choa was not there but luckily she wasn’t looking for Choa.

“Ya, Cha Sunwoo, follow me” She said, arms crossed standing in front of his desk. “the …” Baro said, stunned. Before he could refuse, Gummi grabbed him by the collar and dragged him out to a nearby staircase.

“Ya, what the heck is wrong with you?” Baro yelled. Gummi let go and made him face her “What’s going on with Jinyoung and Ellin!?” Gummi asked, getting straight to the point. “Ha…so that’s what this is all about” Baro said, while fixing up his uniform.

“Why should I tell you?” Baro questioned with a smirk. “Do you even know?” Gummi asked, unsure. “If you know, you have to tell me. It’s serious okay, there are disgusting rumors going on in class and this is the first piece of the puzzle I have to figure out.”

“Why don’t you just ask Ellin? What, is your bond also as weak as ours?” Baro said bitterly, referring to his friends. “No… to be honest I’m confused myself why she hasn’t told me anything. I’m asking you because… I don’t know what else to do” Gummi confessed.

“I know what’s going on, but not because Jinyoung told me. I overheard him talking on the phone with Ellin. I don’t know if those two are on good terms but he was comforting her about something that happened with a substitute teacher. I think he’s fighting with the school now cause the principle obviously didn’t give two s about what happened, given Ellin’s poor reputation and all” Baro told Gummi everything he knew, but Gummi still looked confused. “What the heck happened with the sub? Did he assault her or something?” Gummi worriedly asked. “I don’t know… but I think that conclusion makes sense…” Baro said cautiously. He could see how pale Gummi’s expression had gotten. She looked like she was sick and could drop any minute.

“I- I’m gonna go…thanks” Gummi said before walking away.

Baro turned and watched her leave. He was strangely worried about whether or not she would be okay walking alone.

 

Meanwhile in the principles office, Jinyoung sat in front of the principle whom was not very happy to see him. There was no Ellin in sight, which didn’t surprise Jinyoung in the slightest. After their conversation, he didn’t expect her to come, although he did still hope she would. Either way, he understood why she wouldn’t want to, so he decided to fight alone.

“Jung Jinyoung, why are you misbehaving lately? This isn’t like you at all!” The principle said, shaking his head.

“Because what you’re doing is wrong! You’re lying and covering up the real story, just for the sake of the schools reputation. Ellin is completely innocent, how could you make her out to be the victim! Did you get some dog to spread those false rumors around?” Jinyoung raged.

“Shut up Jung Jinyoung! I’m the principle here!” he yelled back. “You better stay in your lane and just continue to study hard. If you don’t take your nose out of this situation then you know what will happen next” he threatened.

“And what’s that?” Jinyoung asked, even though he already knew the answer.

“I’ll tell your father everything, and you know what will happen after that? I think you do, since we both know your father isn’t very fond of the girl. I wonder what will happen the 2nd time he finds out that you’re in contact with the daughter of his enemy. Something tells me it won’t end with just your aunt dragging her out of the house by her hair-”

“Don’t say another word!” Jinyoung stood up, teeth clenched. “You’ll regret all of this one day, I promise you,” he said before angrily leaving the room.

 

Right when Jinyoung exited the door, he bumped into Ellin, tears were streaming down her face. “This is why I told you to just give it up Jinyoung! Why won’t you listen to me!” she cried. Jinyoung looked at her apologetically.

“Ellin… I can’t give up because… I’ve never stopped loving you. Even if I didn’t love you, I still couldn’t give up. After what I saw that day, after what I heard… I can’t just stand there and do nothing. I can’t, and I won’t.” 


Late update due to lack of motivation. Please send me some!