(ƒ) Senior Year: Ending pt. I

Senior year

Minsun quickly put her hand over Gummi’s mouth.

“Who is it?” her mom asked suspiciously. “Oh, it’s just a classmate of ours dropping by to give Gummi back her textbook she leant” Choa said, smiling awkwardly. “What the hell, did your mom not realize it was Jinyoung? If she did she would have totally knocked him out” Minsun whispered to Gummi

“Good thing her sight without her glasses is bad, she would have killed him” Gummi said in relief.

The three girls pushed Jinyoung outside and closed the doors behind them. “Jinyoung, what the are you doing here? You want us to punch you in the face too?” Gummi said, irritated by his sudden visit.

“Why the hell are you girls giving Ellin the cold shoulder?” Jinyoung asked, getting straight to the point. He looked incredibly annoyed which only made the girls more furious.

Choa let out a puff of laughter “who the hell do you think you are?”

“If you girls are acting this way because of me, then stop. Ellin and I aren’t back together and we never were!” Jinyoung revealed, frustrated at the misunderstanding.

Minsun just shook her head at him “We couldn’t care less what your relationship status with her is Jinyoung. We’re angry at her because she never told us about everything that has been happening” Minsun let in, gaining a surprised expression from Jinyoung. “She- she didn’t tell you? Any of you?” Jinyoung asked for verification.

Gummi rolled her eyes at him in annoyance “just get out of here Jinyoung, I have no time for your bull right now” Gummi yawned.

“You girls are so stupid, you think I know because she told me? I-”

“Jinyoung, what the hell are you doing here?” Ellin exclaimed, stomping her way over to him and the girls, “didn’t I tell you to get lost? What, was the second act of your plan to come and ruin my friends lives after you’ve already ruined mine!?” Ellin yelled.

“That’s not what I’m doing Ellin! I’m here because of how rude your so called friends are acting” Jinyoung tried to explained. “Oh wow, even better! Cause someone like you really has the right to teach people a lesson” Ellin said sarcastically.

“How about you both leave? None of us need any of your bull right now, go fight somewhere else” Gummi said coldly.

“Can’t you girls just hear me out for a second?” Ellin begged. “It’s 11PM Ellin, now is seriously not the time” Minsun rejected.

“Some friends these are” Jinyoung let out a laugh.

“I’m seriously going to punch this guy in the face” Choa gritted. Suddenly someone approached the 5 of them. Choa turned around to see who the 4 of them were looking at with shocked and confused faces.

“You have got to be kidding me” Choa groaned, face palming herself. It was Shinwoo. “I’m going back inside” Choa said extremely annoyed, but before she could, Jinyoung grabbed her wrist. Choa turned around and shot him a sharp glare “what the are you doing?” Choa said with clenched teeth.

“Why are you leaving Choa, huh? You don’t want me to find out you and Shinwoo are dating?” Jinyoung chuckled.

“Let go of her” Shinwoo yelled, finally approaching the four. He grabbed Jinyoung’s arm and forcefully pulled it away.

Jinyoung was riled up now. With having to give up protecting Ellin, along with the rest of the girls all treating him like , he began to feel himself lose his patience. “Aw, are you going to protect her? I mean, since you would clearly rather protect people you’ve only met for a couple of months rather than your friends from the start of high school” Jinyoung said angrily.

“Enough of this bull Jinyoung, we all could have been friends if it wasn’t for your precious pride. It’s your fault that all this happened, not mine” Shinwoo replied.

“What did you just say?” Jinyoung grated, he was furious now.

“Leave, Shinwoo” Choa said putting her hand on Shinwoo’s chest and lightly pushing him, but he just aggressively stepped closer to Jinyoung.

“You heard me. If you would stop being such a coward who always needs to have the long end of the stick maybe you would have friends who would stick by your side, but you’re just pathetic. You don’t even deserve Gongchan and I as a friend, it won’t be long until Sandeul and Baro are done with your ” Shinwoo spat.

Jinyoung’s fists began to clench. Choa was good at reading situations, so good that she could almost tell what was going to happen next. The same moment Jinyoung through his fist at Shinwoo, Choa slid in front of him, putting her hand on his arm. She was going to pull him to the side but instead she felt a pang hit her head.

“” she cried, putting her hand on her head in pain. Everyone’s eyes were wide open now, along with their mouths. As Choa looked up she saw Shinwoo’s worried expression.

“C-choa are you okay? You- you should have stayed to the side” Jinyoung finally uttered through a shaky voice.

Shinwoo slowly looked up at Jinyoung, his face flushed red from how angry he was feeling. “What now? She shouldn’t have what?” Shinwoo grated in rage.

“Isn’t it you who shouldn’t have threw your fist without a second thought!” Minsun yelled. She stormed towards Jinyoung and pushed him “what the is wrong with you!” Minsun screamed.

“Minsun, he’s not worth your time” Gummi intervened, wrapping her arms around her and pulling her back “Unnie, let me go! I have to teach him a lesson!” Minsun cried.

“Don’t worry, I will” Shinwoo suddenly spoke, running towards Jinyoung and punching him in the face.

Jinyoung tripped and fell into Ellin’s arms. Ellin looked down in panic “Shinwoo, stop!” Ellin yelled.

Gummi let out a laugh “really Ellin? After all he’s done, you’re still worrying about him?” Gummi shook her head in amusement.

Jinyoung stood up and rubbed the side of his face in pain, he looked up at Shinwoo, rage in his eyes.

“I swear if you punch him Jinyoung!” Choa suddenly screamed. “What? What are you going to do Choa?” Jinyoung laughed.

“Just leave Jinyoung!” Choa yelled. Choa walked back to Gummi’s house, but Shinwoo began to follow her. Choa sighed and turned her head half way around “Shinwoo, please leave, will you? I’m really not in the mood” Shinwoo nodded and Choa continued to walk back, her heart pained by how guilty Shinwoo’s face looked, “ing Jinyoung” she sighed under her breath. Minsun shortly followed her sister afterwards.

“I’m not going back inside until I see all of you get into your cars and leave. You think I’m stupid enough to let you three stay out here? I really don’t feel like dealing with any police today” Gummi said, looking at the three just standing outside without a single motion.

“Gummi, I’m not going back home. You’re going to have to let me stay at your place, I took a taxi here” Ellin alerted.

“I don’t care Ellin, there’s no way you’re staying here tonight” Gummi refused. Ellin’s eyes turned watery at the sound of those words leave Gummi’s mouth.

“I’ll take you home Ellin” Jinyoung immediately proposed, giving Gummi a dirty look. He then grabbed Ellin’s hand.

Ellin immediately flicked her arm away, “don’t make me puke Jinyoung” she said. She turned her head and watched Shinwoo walk to his car “I’ll go with Shinwoo” Ellin said, making Jinyoung’s face scrunch up in disbelief.

Ellin quickly walked over to shinwoo’s car and got in right when he was about to press on the gas. “Ellin? Why…?” Shinwoo asked, confused.

“Please drive me home, I don’t want to go with Jinyoung. Hurry and leave before he interferes” Ellin begged impatiently as she watched Jinyoung make his way over to them. At her command, Shinwoo quickly stepped on the gas and drove away.

“Now I can go back inside” Gummi smiled in relief. “don’t ever come here again, got it Jinyoung? Stay in rich neighborhoods, that’s what suits you best” Gummi laughed before going back inside.

Jinyoung looked back at Gummi in raged, he couldn’t stand the smug look on her face but he knew he should just leave.

 

 

“Thanks Shinwoo” Ellin said as she took off her seat belt. Shinwoo stared at her in worry for a moment before speaking “no problem but… how are you going to avoid him tomorrow?” Shinwoo asked.

Ellin smiled at Shinwoo’s troubled face “don’t worry Shinwoo, I won’t be dealing with this any longer. This schools year ends today” Ellin said as she got out of the car.

“Huh?” Shinwoo was confused by what Ellin’s words meant. He quickly rolled down the window on the opposite side of the car “Ellin, what do you mean?” he called. Ellin turned around and bent down to the windows level “Shinwoo-ah, you’re tactic with Choa is all wrong. She’s not going to forgive you with you constantly getting in her way and pestering her. She’ll let you know when she’s ready” Ellin advised.

“And what if she never does let me know?” Shinwoo asked worriedly.

Ellin thought for a moment, “well, then I guess that means she doesn’t really like you all that much, and if that’s the case, then you have to accept it, got it?” Ellin said. Her words were met with Shinwoos speechless and distressed complexion. Ellin giggled “Bye Shinwoo, thanks again” she smiled sincerely before she left.

But for some reason, Shinwoo was left with a bad feeling in his stomach. “Why did that farewell feel like the last one?” he thought.

 


Part II comes out tomorrow! And this is not the end of the fic, just the end of the flashback chapters!