It's not too late to Apologize

Senior year

Everyone was staring at the scene Jinyoung had just caused as they walked by, it made Ellin’s face flush red. She had a explosion of emotions rush through her as the seconds went by of mere silence as they both stared at each other; she was feeling anxious, distressed, but incredibly furious at the same time. She was angry at the fact that Jinyoung was even creating such a scene in the first pace.

“As if you haven’t done enough… why are YOU doing this to me? Huh Jinyoung?” Ellin cried. Jinyoung remained silent as he breathed heavily,  “Do you just live to embarrass me? Why are you making me go crazy? And… and why are you making me feel this way!” Ellin vented, she shook her head before forcefully pushing Jinyoung aside, “let’s just continue to hate each other, okay?” she yelled before she ran outside, Dongwook soon following behind her.

 

 

Once they were outside, she let out a deep breath of air. “Are you okay Ellin? Dongwook asked worriedly, but Ellin didn’t reply and continued to walk. “That’s that Jinyoung guy, wasn’t it?” Dongwook continued to question. Ellin stopped walking and turned to look at him, “How do you know about Jinyoung?” she asked.

“Ellin… everyone knows about you and Jinyoung. Jinyoung is a pretty popular kid amongst high-class high school students in Seoul, although only by name… I never really knew how he looked like” Dongwook revealed.

“Oh…well then I guess I don’t have to explain myself anymore” Ellin said.

“Why are you doing this though?” Dongwook asked her curiously.

Ellin’s eyes shifting from corner to corner trying to come up with an excuse “I… I just want to piss him off… I have to go now, it’s getting late. Bye Dongwook, and thanks” Ellin faked a smile before turning around and leaving before he could say anything back.

 

“Where are you going?” Soyul asked as Ellin began to pack clothes into her bag. “I’m going home” Ellin replied as she continued to throw everything she needed in her bag. “Are you… serious?” Soyul asked, unsure of what Ellin’s answer would be.

“Don’t worry Soyul” Ellin said, letting out a small laugh “I’m just going home for a few days, I have no classes on Fridays so I’m just going to go there now and I’ll be back by Monday. I’m not dropping out of uni or anything” Ellin reassured.

“What happened with Jinyoung” Soyul then asked, crossing her arms together.

“You know something, don’t you” Ellin said, dropping what she was doing and turning her full attention to Soyul. “Yeah, I know everything, as I always do. Jinyoung came to me asking me if you had a boyfriend-”

“WHAT!? Oh my god, what did you say?” Ellin asked, beginning to freak out.

“Calm down! I told him you did” Soyul replied, trying to calm Ellin down.

Ellin let out a sigh of relief “Thanks for being smart” Ellin said with a small laugh.

“So, what did he do this time? Punch Dongwook?” Soyul asked as she sat next to Ellin on the bed.

Ellin shook her head “no… he made a scene, as he always does, in the cafeteria. Seriously, it’s like he wants me to hate him again” Ellin let out, gaining a surprised look from Soyul “So you don’t hate him anymore?” Soyul asked.

Ellin bit her lip “ugh… I don’t know Soyul, I don’t know OK!” Ellin raged as she stood up and continued to pack. “I’m the only normal one from Chrome, I use to think it was you illjins, but nope” Soyul joked.

 

 

“How’s Gongchan doing,” Choa suddenly brought up as Shinwoo walked her to her dorm, Shinwoo let out a sigh “not well… I actually have never seen him this way so it’s kind of worrying me… he’s kind of gone insane” Shinwoo revealed.

“What do you mean, insane?” Choa asked, they were now both standing in front of Choa’s door.. “Like… every night he has a long rant about the situation… it’s bothering him that much, and yet he still does things like photocopy his notes, and make his writing neat so that it’s readable when he photocopies them… and then he just stares at them on his desk… it’s really sad actually” Shinwoo explained.

Choa shook her head “this has gone too far, I’m going to talk to my sister… again… I honestly think she wants to apologize to him but she just can’t bring herself to go up to him and throw away all of her hard work ignoring him and making him feel ty” Choa reasoned.

“Wait… do you think it’s mainly Minsun’s fault?” Shinwoo asked curiously. Choa sighed before she began to speak “honestly… I can’t blame her too much given the circumstances, she must have been so flustered that she said something she didn’t actually mean, but that doesn’t mean she shouldn’t just apologize. If she just says sorry, Gongchan will too. But then again, why can’t Gongchan just apologize first so Minsun can finally admit that she was wrong… it’s just a mess!” Choa ranted.

Shinwoo let out a small laugh “it’s okay Choa, you don’t have to pick a side, I was just curious what you thought about the whole thing… we really should have just roomed with different people” Shinwoo joked.

“I know right? I’m an idiot for not rooming with Gummi, she’s like the most rational one out of all of us” Choa added.

“Well, goodnight Shinwoo” Choa smiled as she dug for her key’s in her purse.

Shinwoo put his hand on her wrist, “What? No goodnight kiss?” he pouted, moving his head only inches away from hers.

“You’re really trying it Shin-” before she could finish Shinwoo pecked her lips and waved her goodbye as he walked away backwards, “Ya!” Choa yelled, “I got you back…. From last time, remember?” he laughed. “Are you kidding me!?” Choa shook her head before she opened her door and went inside.

 

Choa walked into her dorm to find her sister lying on her bed, eyes wide open. She shook her head at the sight, “Yah, Heo Minsun, will you stop moping around! Jeez, even when Shinwoo and I were in a fight I pretended I was doing fine” Choa said.

“I swear if I hear you compare me to you and your boyfriend one more time I’m moving out!” Minsun threatened. “I’ll gladly replace you with Gummi” Choa commented under her breath.

“This fight between Gongchan and I is no where near yours and Shinwoo’s. You know why? Because it’s dumb as !” Minsun suddenly swore, making Choa look at her more seriously, she was now concerned. “Minsun… are you okay?” Choa genuinely asked.

“No, I’m not okay! I hate this! If Gongchan and I were fighting over something big… over something that made sense, I wouldn’t be feeling this way! At least I could say we broke it off for a reason… but this? I’m going to lose a guy I actually like for this?” Minsun raged, now sitting up-right on her bed.

“So why don’t you just knock on his door and say sorry, huh Minsun?” Choa advised, “I mean, it’s Gongchan, he’s a nice guy, he won’t even care if your apology is done half asleep or with your eyes looking at the floor. All you have to do is say Sorry and he’ll pretend like nothing happened” Choa reasoned.

“I know… but it just makes me feel worse… cause it makes me realize that Gongchan actually does like me…. A lot, and me saying his feeling were bull just… I hate myself Choa” Minsun said, tears suddenly forming in her eyes.

Choa was extremely alarmed just at the sight, Minsun barely ever cried, and never did she ever cry over a boy. “Stop, okay! You don’t have to feel so bad. You’re still a teenager, and even if you weren’t, we’re aloud to do and say dumb things, especially during moments that shock us. You were just shocked by Gongchan’s confession” Choa rationalized, trying to comfort her sister.

 

Minsun nodded at her sister, “you know why you said that… all you have to do is explain yourself to him and all this pain will go away, so stop being like Jinyoung and get up and do something!” Choa joked, her sister’s hair.

Minsun let out a small laugh, “Alright, if only to not be compared to that dramatic fool Jinyoung” Minsun sighed. She decided she had to up her pride and just apologize to him. Now it was something she wanted to do, so she decided to think of it as doing herself a favor rather than Gongchan.

 

 

Friday finally arrived and Minsun was determined to apologize to Gongchan and end this whole ordeal. She was currently roaming the library halls with a few books in her hands as she thought of the words she was going to say to him. She was completely lost in her thoughts, unaware of where she was even headed, until someone suddenly put their hand on her arm “I want to talk to you.” Minsun snapped out of her thoughts as she looked up to see Gongchan looking down at her. She was completely speechless and was only able to nod her head. At her nod, Gongchan took her hand and led her somewhere with no people.

 

They stood between the bookshelves, staring at each other for a few moments in silence. “He looks like he’s going to apologize…” Minsun worried as she inspected Gongchan’s expression “I have to say something before he does” she convinced.

“Minsun I-”

“Wait” Minsun interrupted, putting her hand on his arm, “Gongchan, I need to tell you something first” Minsun began, Gongchan slowly nodded.

“I- I’m… I don’t know about you but, I can’t take this anymore” she nervously began, looking down at her feet. “I don’t know why the hell its bothering me so much but… remembering that night makes my heart ache. To make matters worse, all I do is think about you, your face, your reaction, your words… and I wish what I was feeling was hatred towards you… but it’s not. I guess I’m… sorry…. for what I said” Minsun finally let out.

 

Gongchan stared at her, speechless. He was shocked at her apology; he didn’t expect it and that somehow made him more touched. He could tell how hard it was for Minsun to show her true feelings, and he was thankful.

“…Are you going to say anything or are you just going to keep staring at me… cause if you are then-” Suddenly Gongchan grabbed Minsun’s shoulders and pulled her in for a hug.

Minsun’s eyes blinked in shock “so… does this mean you forgive me?” Minsun asked, bringing laughter to Gongchan.

“Minsun,” Gongchan said, pulling her away, “why do you always ask such obvious questions?” he asked, her cheek. “This is so weird… that’s it? That’s all it took for us to reconcile? Aish… all those tissue boxes… what a waste” Minsun joked.

“Minsun, even if you didn’t apologize… you know I would have eventually… which is why I thought you decided not to… which is why I just decided to apologize… damn we really are like Choa and Shinwoo” Gongchan laughed.

“Yah! Do you know how many times I’ve had people compare us to those two freaks? Seriously we are NEVER getting into a fight again, even if it’s just so I don’t have to hear that again… I even got compared to Jinyoung!” Minsun ranted, making Gongchan burst out laughing, “yikes” he commented.

“But seriously Gongchan… what I said was just because I was so socked… I didn’t mean any of it” Gongchan nodded in understanding.

“I’m sorry for yelling at you and leaving you outside alone… I haven’t been able to sleep properly for one night just thinking about how I said those things and just left you there…” Gongchan admitted.

Minsun saw the sincerity in Gongchan’s eyes as he apologized to her and she finally felt a rush of relief “Let’s… let’s just forget about this” she smiled, suddenly wrapping her arms around him.

“I’m going to continue saying things that shock you Minsun-ah” he whispered, “Well then… I guess we’re going to be getting into fights often, huh?” Minsun joked.

 

 

Ellin plopped her things on the floor of her bedroom and immediately ran to her walk in closet. She knelt on the floor and crawled to the back corner, scrambling through all of the things. She whipped them away one by one as she continued to search for something. Finally, she saw a tint of dark red and quickly grabbed it from under all of her junk. Her heart sunk as she looked down at what now laid in her hands; Jinyoung’s journal.

 


I'm back! I'm honetly the worst, i know. I'd be surprised if even half of my subscribers are still reading this. Last night i realized that this fic is almost two years old... damn am i slow. But my chapters are very long for the average fic so it's okay...right? Anyways, this fic is almost over... i thought i'd warn you guys. I'm a quality over quantity kind of person (although i dont know if this fic is quality lmao). Okay i'll stop rambling now, and enjoy the rest of the fic!