(ƒ) Ellin?

Senior year

 

“Is that… Jung Jinyoung?” Gummi exclaimed, her face flushing with doubt. “Wah, and here we thought we had seen the last of your pretty face!” Gummi laughed, giving Minsun a low five. Jinyoung did nothing but shoot the two a glare as cold as ice.

“So this is what you threw Ellin away for, huh? Figures you’d go to a school like this” Minsun chuckled as she looked around the classroom “must be nice playing out your luxurious life properly now, right?” Gummi said, crossing her arms.

Jinyoung wanted to reply to their remarks but at the same time he didn’t want to make a scene, and he definitely didn’t want to ruin his well carved reputation.

“What the hell are you two girl’s doing during class hours? Can’t you see I’m teaching? Go sit down and open your books!” the teacher ordered.

“Fine, we’ll catch up with our little friend later then” Minsun said, smiling deviously at Jinyoung before she walked back to her seat.

“You- you know those girls?” Gongchan whispered “Umm… kind of” he said in a daze as he stared at Minsun’s smiling face. “Choa must be the third student then” Jinyoung realized “How the hell did these girl’s get into MY school?!”

 

 

“Choa, you wouldn’t guess whose in our class!” Minsun chimed as her and Gummi rushed towards her through the crowded Chrome high halls.

Choa had just exited her class since it was lunchtime. Shinwoo had also stepped out and his attention was immediately captured by the two new faces that stormed towards Choa.

“Those must be the other two transfers!” Baro nudged Shinwoo and Sandeul “It seems so…” he said as he continued to stare at the three and not even noticing Sandeul and Baro leaving his side.

“Who?! There’s someone you actually know in this school?” Choa asked full of curiosity.

“Jung Jinyoung!” Gummi blurted out “Hey, I wanted to tell her!” Minsun pouted.

“Jung Jinyoung?! You mean Ellin’s ex-boyfriend?” Choa asked doubtfully “I had the same reaction as you!” Gummi said. “He seriously goes to this school?” Choa began to burst out into laughter, the other two shortly joining in. “He must be living real well, huh?” Choa said, rolling her eyes.

“Yeah, it seems like he’s the most popular boy in school too” Gummi alerted. “Wow, shocker” Minsun said sarcastically.

“Aww, he has such a great reputation here then. Girl’s must be falling over him without any knowledge of what a coward he is” Choa sighed dramatically. “It would be such a shame if his reputation somehow got tarnished, don’t you think so girls?” Gummi smiled mischievously, her friends nodding in response “what a shame that would be” Choa chuckled.

What the girl’s didn’t realize was that Shinwoo was overhearing their whole conversation. “Ellin? Why does that name ring a bell...But ex-girlfriend? He’s never had a girlfriend in this school by the name Ellin for sure…One things for sure though, these girl’s hate Jinyoung’s guts…I have to tell him.”

 

 

“Jinyoung, do you perhaps know the new transfer students?” Shinwoo asked him as he sat down in front of him in the cafeteria “W-what? Why do you ask?” Jinyoung stuttered, acting unusually nervous. “I’m going to take that as a yes…” Shinwoo said.

“Jinyoung’s been acting all weird since they came… two of them are in our class” Gongchan revealed.

“A girl name Choa is in ours…” Sandeul told “but wait, Jinyoung, you seriously know all of them? How? And do you know how they got in? Choa is seriously no joke, you should have seen how she introduced herself” Sandeul said, still stunned by the new transfer student.

“You should have seen how the girls in our class introduced themselves. They’re lack of care is quite amusing” Gongchan laughed.

“More like disgusting. I give them a month before peoples parents kick them out of the school” Baro bet.

Although his friends chatted away in interest, Shinwoo’s eyes stayed glued to Jinyoung who remained silently eating his food. He could sense how annoyed Jinyoung was becoming by the mention of the girls.

“Jinyoung, let’s go get more food” Shinwoo abruptly said, giving Jinyoung a look that told him otherwise. “be right back” Jinyoung sighed as he got out of his seat.

“What is it?” Jinyoung asked.

“I know you’re sick of hearing about these transfers…although I don’t know why and it seems you don’t want to talk about it either” Shinwoo said while Jinyoung avoided his gaze “clearly these girl’s must really be something to make you this nervous.”

“It’s just a really long story… I just…those girls are bad news, okay?” Jinyoung finally brought himself to say.

“Well I happened to over hear their conversation and they seem to be out for your reputation, they want to tarnish it to bits” Shinwoo alerted.

Jinyoung looked up at Shinwoo, rage filling his eyes “they really want to start it with me this soon?” Jinyoung grated.

Shinwoo had never seen Jinyoung so angry, and the look in his eyes began to worry him. Although he was worried about Jinyoung’s well being, for some reason, he was even more worried about the girls.

“Jinyoung… who’s Ellin, by the way?” Shinwoo asked hesitantly.

“Did you just say, Ellin?” Jinyoung said in a shaky voice. “Yeah… who is she?” he repeated.

“Don’t ever say that name in front of me again, okay?” Jinyoung turned around and left before Shinwoo could let another word come out of his mouth.

 

“Holy , the food here tastes amazing!” Minsun chimed as she stuffed “damn, I guess I could bare with these nasty students for the taste of this delicious food!” Minsun chimed as she took another bite.

“Eat well girls, we’re going to need it for wooping.” Gummi joked.

“So, how should we go about revealing precious flower boy jinyoung’s cowardly acts?” Choa asked. “so many ways but we can only choose one, such a pity” Gummi replied, making the girls laugh.

Suddenly their laughter was put to a halt when they heard someone behind them yell their names. They slowly turned their heads around and their confused expression quickly turned into devious smiles.

Every single student in the cafeteria had their eyes focused on the four; “What’s going on?” “Why is Jinyoung oppa so angry?” students whispered.

“Wah, it’s the one and only Jung Jinyoung, Unnie fan me will you? He’s so hot!” Minsun said dramatically.

“I think you girl’s are mistaken about what you’re capable of in this school. If you aren’t already aware, you three are at the bottom of the power food chain here so why don’t you just go back to the peasant high school you came from instead, I’m sure you’ll all feel much more at home” Jinyoung said, making all three of the girls get up in annoyance.

“Wow Jung Jinyoung, you don’t need your father to talk for you now? What a change from the last time we saw you.” Gummi chuckled, “yeah, what an improvement” Choa commented, holding out a thumbs up.

Jinyoung’s fingers began to curl in anger but he knew he had to keep it cool “whatever Gummi, at least I have a father around me” Jinyoung mindlessly said, regretting his words immediately after they came out of his mouth.

The Cafeteria immedietely died down and all you could hear were the gasps from the students whose eyes remained glued to both Gummi and Jinyoung.

“You seriously crossed the line!” Choa yelled, about to charge at him until Gummi held her back “no Choa, let me take care of the trash” Gummi said, walking up to him with not a hint of fear in her eyes.

“Say it again” Gummi said, her voice steady. Jinyoung's eyes fell in avoidance due to his inability to take responsibility for his words. “Say it again!” Gummi yelled in a tone that scared every student in the room.

“Th-think twice before you try to sabotage what I’ve created, understand?” Jinyoung quietly said before he turned around to leave.

“Ellin” Choa yelled, making Jinyoung’s steps suddenly halt. “Ellin’s coming back soon. How disappointed she’ll be if she ever has to lay eyes on you” Choa said coldly. Jinyoung stayed frozen without any sign of movement until moments later, when Baro and Sandeul approached him and took his arm, dragging him away.

 

“Girls… we seriously have to make him suffer. At first I was going to let him off, if only for the sake of Ellin’s peace, but now I couldn’t care less” Gummi said with her fists clenched tightly. The girl’s nodded in response, determined expressions laying on all of their faces.

 

 

 

A week passed in chrome high and people were still talking about what happened in the cafeteria. The school barely got any drama since everyone was always trying to take care of their reputation, and anything and everything that would taint it were done in very secretive and hidden ways.

The biggest questions that now lay on chrome high students minds was, one, how the girls managed to get into Chrome high, and two, who in the world Ellin was.

 

“Soyul-ah, looking pretty today” one boy commented, winking at the student who just walked in. She rolled her eyes and continued to walk to her seat, ignoring the boy whose glare stayed stuck on her.

“What? Can’t even say hello?” the boy said, continuing to annoy her. “I’m sorry but, who are you again? Do I know you?” she said, the classroom snickering at her remark. Choa looked behind her and the two girls locked eyes for a moment “at least there’s one girl in this class who knows how to stand up for herself” Choa thought, smiling at the girl before she turned around to face the front again.

“Soyul, I’m really sick of your attitude lately. If you were just a little bit nicer, maybe you would have made at least one friend at school” the boy advised. Soyul continued to ignore his remarks but that didn’t stop the boy from continuing to talk to her.

Choa had finally reached her limit and stood up with a stomp, making Shinwoo pull out his headphones and look up at her curiously “What’s wrong?” he asked.

She walked over to Soyul and smiled “Soyul-ah, wanna go get some banana milk before class starts?” Choa offered, extending her hand to her.

Soyul looked at her in confusion “is she really talking to me?” she asked herself, unable to accept the reality. “Come on, let’s go.” Choa chimed, grabbing Soyul’s hand and locking arms with her.

Shinwoo watched the two girls’ leave the room and smiled to himself “she’s undeniably cool” he thought.

“Why’d you save me?” Soyul asked curiously. “Cause that guy was getting on my last nerve” Choa explained “And I’ve seriously never heard a voice so ugly in my life” she continued, gaining a laugh from Soyul. “Tell me about it, to top it off he’s completely hideous” she laughed.

The two girl’s chatted side by side as they walked towards the vending machine and managed to make it back in time before the morning bell rang.

 

When Choa had gotten back to her seat, she saw all of her notes opened on her desk, all ripped to shreds. “What the hell happened!” Choa yelled, running towards her desk, Soyul quickly following behind her.

“I tried to stop them” Shinwoo said, tightly holding her bag in his hands.

“Aish” she took her bag from his hands and slammed it on her desk in anger. “Who did this!?” she shouted, looking at each of her classmates who were all avoiding her sharp gaze. “Is anyone gonna speak up?” she asked, but she was met with no reply. “Who am I kidding, this is Chrome high after all. You all only care for your own well being.” She laughed “continue living your lives like shelves collecting dust, but one day you’ll all crack” Choa spat.

She began to pick up the papers that fell to the floor, Soyul lending her a helping hand “Let’s buy you new notebooks after school, alright? And i can photocopy my notes for you so no worries, they're really organized too!” Soyul comforted, putting her hand on her shoulder. Choa nodded and smiled back at her.

The two girl’s suddenly turned around at the sound of scrunching papers. “Leave it, I’ll  clean it up” Choa said, standing up and taking the papers from Shinwoo’s hands.

“Let me just help, it’ll be faster this way” Shinwoo persisted, continuing to pick up papers. “I said I’ll do it!” Choa refused, raising her voice a little, “you think you can compensate for not telling me who did this by helping me? I don’t need your charity and I certainly wouldn’t want to disturb your easy spectator life!” Choa spat, pushing him away.

Shinwoo gave up and returned to his seat silently. He didn’t know why he felt so hurt by what Choa said. He had never met someone so quick with words. It was as if Choa was a rock that would never break no matter how hard you threw it. But her rock like personality only made him grow more interest in her.

 

 

“Those arriving from Toronto by Canadian airlines please pick up your luggage in lane six” the intercom spoke as Ellin strolled her carryon along the wide and shiny airport halls.

“Lane six, lane six… ah, lane six” she smiled and quickened her pace as she met eyes with the lighted number.

“Aish I’m going to be late to school, where the hell are my bags” Ellin mumbled to herself impatiently. It was 5AM in the morning and she was dead tired. “Why don’t you skip out on school today Ellin?” Her mom asked her while her eyes stayed glued on the bags that passed by them. “I’ve already missed enough classes. My chest feels clogged up just at the thought of having to catch up for the two weeks that I missed” Ellin said, hitting her chest with her fist to over dramatize how she was feeling.

“Alrighty then. How about you go to the other side so we can get our luggage faster then?” Her mom suggested.

“It won’t make much of a difference... but fine” Ellin agreed.

A few minutes passed until Ellin finally saw one of her Burberry branded suitcases “Assa! That one’s totally mine” she said to herself.

As she walked over to grab her bag she met hands with someone else. With their hands on top of each others, they both lifted up the bag and brought it to the floor. “Thanks for the help.” Ellin smiled, bowing to the boy who had just helped her. He had a dark complexion, dark brown hair, and looked to be about her age.

“Thanks? Umm I was kind of going to say the same to you. This is my bag” the boy replied. “No it’s not, it’s mine. Trust me, I know my bags like the back of my hand” Ellin insisted, crossing her arms impatiently.

“Yah, I can’t believe you’re trying to steal my bag!” the boy said. “Eh? Steal? You have got to be kidding me” Ellin groaned, stomping her feet in frustration.

“You sure are a good actor” the boy laughed as he picked up the bag. “Yah, why would I steal your luggage? I've got money for that” Ellin screeched, pulling the bag out of the boys hands.

“Hey, give it back!” She ignored the boy and proceeded to open the bag. She took something out of it and dangled it in front of him “Your bag, huh? So I’m assuming you’re a cross dresser then?” she said as she shook the bra in front of him. His face immediately became flushed with embarrassment.

“Boys these days, they don’t know when to just shut up” She mumbled to herself, putting the bra back inside her luggage and zipping it up. “Seeya never idiot” She chuckled as she left the boys side who was still speechless.

 

 

“Class, I know you’ve just recently gotten two new classmates and have yet to…well adjust… but unfortunately today we’ll be getting another one” the teacher alerted, gaining groans and complaints from the students. “Mr. Kim, don’t you think this is quite ridiculous? I mean, we already got 2 transfers!” The girl complained, glaring at Gummi who sat next her. Gummi let out a puff of laughter at her expression “aww, you dislike me that much? How endearing” Gummi said, making the girl’s face crunch up in frustration.

“Hopefully the transfer has a little more personality. I’m kind of getting tired of the dried lemon personalities in this school” Minsun yawned, making her classmates scoff.

“Yeah, hopefully they’re not a bunch of iljins with no class” Jinyoung spat from the back of the room as he fixed his hair.

“All of you shut up so I can let this student in!” the teacher demanded, making the class quiet down to mere whispers. He then turned his head to the doorway and nodded.

A girl with long silky blond hair slowly begun to walk to the front of the class, she bowed and shot the class a smile “Hello, I’m Ellin. Let’s get along well, okay?” she smiled, raising her hand and connecting her index and thumb fingers.

“Oh. My. God. Ellin!” Gummi and Minsun cried simultaneously in utter excitement and disbelief. Jinyoung, on the other hand, heart dropped completely to the pits of his stomach “Ellin!?!? This… this can’t be real” he panicked.