(ƒ) Watch Out!

Senior year

 

“Wait!” Shinwoo yelled as soon as the girl’s ran towards the door. “I’ll block the door until Jinyoung comes” Gongchan said as she held onto the door knob, making sure none of them left. “no… let’s… let’s show them the secret way out” Shinwoo said, surprising everyone in the room. “Wait, what? You want to help them? But why?” Gongchan asked doubtfully. “I don’t know, I’ll tell you later, let’s just get them out of here!” Shinwoo ordered.

Gongchan nodded his head and took Minsun’s hand “this way” he said to her as he pulled her outside. Both Soyul and Gummi shrugged and quickly following behind them.

Choa, on the other hand, stayed staring at Shinwoo in suspicion “Why are you helping us?” Choa questioned with her feet planted to the ground. “Just follow me for now, before Jinyoung comes, please!” Shinwoo said, holding out his hand. Choa looked at his hand and then looked up at Shinwoo’s face. She shook her head in frustration “fine, I’ll trust you this one time” she gave in, but before she could take his hand Shinwoo grabbed her arm and pulled her outside of the room.

 

“Why the hell is there even a secret way out? This isn’t the medieval times” Gummi said as they walked over to the car “we know this way cause Jinyoung uses it all the time to sneak out of the house” Shinwoo explained.

Only once Choa got sight of the car did she realize that her and Shinwoo were still holding hands. She quickly let go before anyone could say anything about it. “thanks for the help, we gotta run now” Choa said, running up to her sister and pulling her away from Gongchan “Unnie! Why’d you do that!” Minsun pouted. “Aish, flirting with boys isn’t what’s important now!”

 

Ellin was worriedly waiting in the car and let out a big sigh of relief once she got sight of the girls, but her smile was quickly wiped away once she realized Shinwoo and Gongchan were with them. “, what are they doing here?” she worried as she got out of the car.

“Girls…what happened? Don’t tell me these two ruined the plan!?” Ellin asked nervously. “Nah, the plan went great. You should expect a very angry Jinyoung Monday morning.” Gummi said, making everyone chuckle, even Shinwoo and Gongchan.

“Then why the hell are they here with you?” Ellin asked suspiciously. “They helped us escape…surprisingly. Although I wonder why they’re walking us to the car” Soyul said, eyeing Shinwoo whose gaze was set on Choas.

“We- uhh, just wanted to make sure you girls got out safe. Well, see you guys Monday, bye!” Shinwoo bid, pulling Gongchan by his sweater and dragging him away.

 

“Shinwoo…before we go back inside, I want an explanation” Gongchan demanded as they stopped in front of Jinyoung’s front door.

Shinwoo desperately wanted to avoid Gongchan’s question since he truthfully didn’t know the answer himself “I- I don't know…” Shinwoo sighed.

“What do you mean you don’t know? Do you mean you’re not sure of the answer? What’s going on in your head, tell me!” Gongchan poked.

“Aish…you have to promise to not tell anyone, alright?” Shinwoo said, giving in. “I promise. You know I’m the best at keeping secrets among us” Gongchan reassured.

“Fine… the truth is…I might, and I repeat might, have feelings for Choa” Shinwoo confessed.

“WHAT!? You like Choa?” Gongchan exclaimed in disbelief. Shinwoo quickly put his hand over Gongchan's mouth “Quiet down you idiot!” he ordered “and I said might, okay?” Shinwoo reminded.

“Might my , you totally like her. Wow, if Jinyoung, or even Baro and Sandeul, ever find out you like one of those  so-called "illjin girls out to ruin his life" then you’re going to be so screwed” Gongchan worried.

“I know… but wait, you also don’t believe they're illjins? I thought I was the only one” Shinwoo asked curiously.  “Who ever believes the words of Chrome high students. It’s clear that Jinyoung just hates them because they know something none of us do. I really don’t take anything away from the stuff he says about them anymore” Gongchan confessed.

“That’s a relief that at least I have you” Shinwoo said patting his shoulder “But I wonder what exactly those girls have on him… what in fact did Jinyoung do to make them so mad?” Shinwoo pondered.

 

 

It was the Monday after the party and Soyul was sitting on Choa’s desk as they chatted away about what their next prank could be.

“Wait shhhh, Shinwoo is coming!” Soyul alerted. Both stayed silent as the boy sat in his seat.

“You two are suspiciously quiet” he commented as he looked at the two just stare at each other in silence.

“Huh? what are you talking about, we’re in deep conversation right now. Ever heard of telepathy?” Choa replied, making Shinwoo laugh, “Oh right, how could I have not thought about that” he joked.

“I’m going to go back to my seat” Soyul said, getting up and off of Choa’s desk “before you go, take this” Choa took out a carton of banana milk from her bag and handed it to Soyul “You said you never have time to eat breakfast so I decided to bring you one” Choa smiled, putting the milk in Soyul’s hands.

Soyul was extremely touched at Choa’s concern. She wasn’t use to having a friend care for her like this “thanks Unnie!” Soyul beamed.

“Unnie? Aren’t we the same age?” Choa asked, confused.

“She never told you she was a year younger than you?” Shinwoo interrupted. “Stop eavesdropping!” Soyul said crossing her arms “Sorry, you two are like right next to me. I can’t control what I hear” Shinwoo apologized “then control your mouth.” Soyul ordered jokingly.

“But is he telling the truth? Are you really a year younger than me? Does that mean…”

“I skipped a grade because I’m a genius, what can I say…” Soyul self praised, curling her hair with her finger. “Wah, you’re really amazing!” Choa chimed. “Eh… I just study a lot” Soyul said before she went back to her desk.

 

“You’re really confusing, you know that?” Shinwoo suddenly commented, making Choa’s head turn to him “What? Am I not supposed to be confusing? Isn’t everyone confusing?” Choa shrugged. “Well I guess if you put it that way…” Shinwoo nodded.

“No ones an open book” she said.

“By the way…you’re really good at math, right?” Shinwoo asked suddenly “Yeah… I guess, why?”

“I’m kind of a part of this morning tutoring committee and I wanted you to join.” He explained.  “Why on earth would I wake up in the morning to teach a bunch of spoiled brats for free? Don’t they already have private tutors anyway?” Choa asked.

“Well yeah... but since private tutors aren’t students who are a part of your class, there will always be a lack of understanding at some level, so we set up this morning tutoring program” Shinwoo explained.

“That’s cute but no thanks” Choa refused.

Shinwoo sighed “I knew you’d say no… to be honest, I lied…I actually just need a tutor for math. Will you help me, please?” he begged, making Choa let out a small laugh “You’re seriously asking me for help?” Choa doubted “Yeah... so what? Will you help me?” Shinwoo repeated.

“Actually, me and the girls study together after school everyday. If you want, you can join us, but if you’re too scared to hang out with the illjins of Chrome high then you’re out of luck” Choa replied.

Shinwoo’s eyes lit up with joy “great, I’ll be there then.” Shinwoo chimed, shocking Choa. “There’s something fishy about this boy…” Choa thought as she looked at him happily smile in satisfaction. 

Suddenly a bunch of phones began to go off in the room. One by one each students opened their phones in confusion. Choa also received a text so she quickly took out her phone to see what the big fuss was about.

 

“Are you curious about the 4 Illjin’s that are ruining our school? I bet all of you are wondering just how they got in, right? Well, you can thank their rich friend Ellin for that. Her mother bought their seats in this school, allowing them to transfer here despite their horrible track records.  If you feel this is unfair then forward this message to your parents now! Don’t let this school become so cheap!” – Jinyoung.

 

Shinwoo’s eyes stayed glued to Choas as she read the message.

Once she looked up, she saw everyone’s eyes glued on her “Aish” She groaned, slamming her fist on her desk.

“what the hell are all of guys looking at?” Shinwoo suddenly yelled. “It’s fine Shinwoo, let them stare. I don’t give a what they think” she grated.

 

 

“Girls…I’m so sorry. I seriously had no clue my mother did this” Ellin apologized as all five of them sat in the cafeteria. “It’s fine Ellin, we aren’t really angry about your mom  transferring us here, we’re just kind of shocked” Gummi said.

“No, I seriously feel awful. I’ll ask her about it and see just what she said to the school. What if she’s the reason you girls got expelled?” Ellin worried.

“Eh… Ellin, you mom is seriously an angel. We were going to get expelled regardless. I bet your mom just found out about it and told the school to transfer us here so you wouldn’t be lonely” Minsun reasoned, the girls nodding in agreement.

“But seriously, Jung Jinyoung is going to pay. He sure has some guts to send that text with his name attached to it” Ellin said, incredibly annoyed.

“Where is that boy anyway?” Soyul said as she scanned the cafeteria hall. “Probably hiding somewhere so we don’t beat his ” Gummi said, incredibly annoyed.

Suddenly a girl came up to Ellin and purposely spilled all of her left over food over her plate “Aish, what the !” Ellin raged, stomping out of her chair.

“Stupid ” the girl laughed “this is what you get for bringing low class into our school” the girl screeched, making the rest of the girls stand up in anger. "Oh, and you better stay away from Jinyoung, got it?"

Ellin just laughed "Don't worry about that. That scum bag is all yours" she smiled. "Whatever " the girl replied.

“Yah, Kim Joohee, you better watch you mouth, got it!” Soyul yelled, marching in front of her.

“Soyul, don’t kid yourself. You think you can become one of them? Are you sure you can sacrifice your #1 rank to have friends? It’s only a matter of time until you go back to your place” the girl spat.

“Shut up!” Soyul yelled in frustration. Choa quickly walked beside Soyul and took her hand “let’s see who the real trash is, anticipate it” Choa spat before pulling Soyul outside, the rest of the girls following her.

 

“Hey girls, how’s your day going?” Jinyoung said, walking up to them with a smirk on his face.

“Jung Jinyoung, you finally worked up the courage to show your face?” Minsun said, acting surprised.

“Clearly, if I didn’t then why would I put my name on that message? I’m not afraid of fighting with you girls” Jinyoung replied.

“Uh-huh, but it seems you still didn’t manage to get that trash smell out of your hair” Choa mentioned “oh wait, I forgot that you’re already a living piece of trash” Choa laughed.

“Choa, you better shut up!” Jinyoung threatened “or what? You’re gonna get some other freshmen to rip more of my notes up?” Choa yawned.

“This is only the beginning of what I’m going to do, so you girls better watch it! This is my school and I’m not going to let a bunch of girls ruin it”

“Shut up Jinyoung!” Ellin yelled, finally working up the courage to say something. She walked up to him and stood only inches away from his face “you better leave my friends alone because we both know who the bad guy is in all of this. I’m going to bary you Jinyoung, you and all the people who follow you. Instead of telling us to watch out, you better tie you shoelaces on tight because you might just trip” Ellin grinned. Jinyoung didn’t know how to react so he forced himself to laugh her comments off.

“Funny, huh?” Ellin proceeded to kick his ankle, making him fall to the ground “What the hell Ellin!” he yelled.

“I’ll show you what it feels like to be kicked to the ground and betrayed. Just wait and see, Jung Jinyoung.” Ellin spat as she looked down at him with zero emotion on her face.

“Let’s go girls. I’m seriously getting dizzy from the smell of this rat” she said as they all walked away from him, smiling in satisfaction.

 


i'm going on vacation tomorrow for one month so if i have wifi ill be able to update this fic, since i've already written the chapters ahead of time, if not...then see you all in a month. I'm bound to find wifi somehwere though =)