Five inseperable Illjins

Senior year

 

“What the heck are you two doing?” Shinwoo asked Sandeul and Baro who looked to be guarding the door. “Just wait a few minutes…or maybe hours who knows how long this is going to take” Baro alerted. “Eh? Hours? You said it would only take 5 minutes!” Sandeul whined.

“We want to eat, stop fooling around” Gongchan said grumpily.

“Fine, be my guest” Baro said, stepping to the side with a smile on his face. Just when Gongchan was going to open the door, he stopped once Baro uttered his next words “but just know that all five of those chrome high illjins are in there” Baro revealed, satisfied at Gongchans scared expression as he turned to look at him.

“Wait, all 5 of them are in there? Even Choa and Soyul?” Shinwoo seriously asked Baro. “Yup” he replied with a smile.

“All of a sudden I feel like buying breakfast from the café downstairs” Gongchan said, Shinwoo quickly nodded in agreement “there’s no food in the fridge anyways” he played along, quickly leaving the scene. Baro let out a laugh as he watched the two scurry out of the building.

 

“We’re seriously going to be doing things this way?” Minsun asked Gummi, incredibly annoyed. “If we don’t do it this way then things aren’t going to be resolved” Gummi reasoned. “Gummi, I love you and all but, you don’t know that! It’s been like a month! Why are we doing this all of a sudden?” Minsun raged.

“Yeah, seriously. Why not inform us? What kind of unnecessary surprise set up make-up is this?” Choa sighed in frustration.

Ellin and Soyul were feeling incredibly ty at this point. They were too scared to even say anything now. “What if we never make up though? Like honestly, isn’t it better we force ourselves to listen to each other and make-up since we’re going to have to work with each other for this damn club stuff?” Gummi tried to rationalize. “How can we even naturally make up, we need to sit down like this and be direct with each other. Take this chance to ask Soyul what the her problem was when she ditched us!” Gummi directed at Choa.

Choa turned to look at Gummi, staring at her irritably for a few moments. She folded her arms together and finally began to speak, “fine, what the was that then? Huh, Soyul?” Choa said, directly looking at Soyul. It was the first time she had every spoken to her since the incident and she felt kind of bad at how aggressive her words sounded.

Soyul was nervous, she didn’t know whether to just start venting her feelings and explain her situation or to just not say a word.

Right when Soyul was about to speak, Choa started talking again “You see Gummi, the thing is; we all know what went down. I don’t know about you guys, but I know why Soyul did those things” Choa said, everyone was looking at her with surprised and confused expressions.

Soyul was completely taken off guard by Choa’s sudden declaration. She only felt her heart beat faster. “Choa, what are you talking about?” Minsun asked her sister, seriously confused by her sudden statement.

“Over the summer, I thought about it and it all just suddenly made sense. I didn’t want to believe it but it made sense and it made me feel like , ok?! Why didn’t you just tell us straight up instead of making me feel like this?! Why Soyul!?” Choa raged through the tears that were now falling down her face.

Soyuls eyes began to water now too “I couldn’t tell you guys, because you would want to continue being friends with me! I knew you would want to fight my father who threatened that if I kept being your friends he’d get you all expelled from school!” Soyul finally confessed. “I knew it was a losing game, no matter what I chose. I mean, at least we’re all here together now, right? If I hadn’t done that, maybe some of you wouldn’t have made it to this university. Let’s admit that half of the people on this floor only got in cause they were from Chrome high” Soyul vented.

“This…this is all too much. What the hell is going on!” Minsun said through a tired breath. She was shaken at everything she was hearing.

“My dad found out I was pushed down to 3rd place, I tried to hide it from him, but I obviously couldn’t. He then found out that the person who took 1st place was someone I was friends with…and then somehow he found out that I helped you guys study, even though it wouldn’t have even made a difference, Gummi still would have beat me either way and that’s why I honestly was happy for her! I really was, but what worried me was that my dad would force me to ditch you guys. So then I had to pretend like I was a that ditched you guys cause I was mad Gummi beat me” Soyul explained through a heavy heart. “Do you know how much it ate me up inside? I finally had friends, friends who would support and protect me, and then I had to give it all away in the tiest way possible!” Soyul cried.

Everyone was crying at this point. Even Gummi who never cried had tears fall down her face, which she quickly wiped away. “Aish Soyul, you should have seriously told us” Minsun said, “we would have pretended to not be your friend” Minsun reasoned. “I don’t know…it just seemed like the only way to protect you guys at the time, but I clearly hurt you all more than I expected… especially you Choa… I’m really sorry” Soyul said through a shaky voice.

Choa nodded, still a little overwhelmed “I already forgave you when I realized why you did it… although I pretended to hate you…” Choa sighed.

 

“Okay, enough of this tear fest, Ellin… I’m really curious about your incident. Why did you only go to Jinyoung for comfort? I know he’s the one who saw the incident…and was the one who helped you get out of it but…I just don’t get why you didn’t tell us” Gummi asked, she was desperate for an explanation.

Ellin looked down for a few moments, trying to get her thoughts together. She let out a sigh “the truth is… I don’t have an excuse” Ellin said. Gummi’s face scrunched up in confusion while the twins faces remained blank. “You don’t even have a reason? Not even something to justify why you did it? I’m sure you do” Gummi asked in disbelief.

Ellin nodded “I mean… I did try to tell you guys once, but I got interrupted and then I kind of just lost the courage to say it. You all looked so happy and I just didn’t want to break the mood…then I saw Jinyoung, who knew everything and saw everything and well... I caved in. I needed someone to comfort me and i don't know what it was about the look he gave me, but i felt that i could trust him...it was so strange to me... i didn't even understand my own feelings to begin to explain them to someone else” Ellin revealed.

“But…why Jinyoung? I mean… it’s Jinyoung…” Minsun asked, confused. “Was it because he’s the one who saved you?” Minsun predicted.

“Maybe… but… and I know you’re going to be mad at me for not telling you this but, for the past few weeks before that incident Jinyoung had been continuously apologizing to me. He was begging me to forgive him, he even got on his knees once and I lost it” Ellin confessed, making everyone shocked.

“Wait, what? Did you feel something for him at that time? Why didn’t you tell us?” Choa asked.

“I didn’t tell you guys because I felt something and I was ashamed of myself. I couldn’t hide it from you guys if I told you. You’d know right away that I was shaken by him so I just decided not to tell anyone. Plus, Jinyoung looked like a total mess, if I had told you guys, you totally would have beat his !” Ellin said, letting out a laugh. “Sorry, I know this isn’t supposed to be funny but…”

Gummi smiled “it’s okay, you’re right. We probably would have kicked his " Gummi agreed. "So this basically means, after him up to you and begging you to forgive him, he ended up betraying you again?” Gummi questioned, her head feeling hot again.

Ellin slowly nodded, “Yeah, and you know what the worst part of it all was? He was the one to give me support, he was the one who gave me strength to fight for my rights, he was the one who gave me hope, and then he just shattered it all” Ellin said, uncontrollably shaking her head at the reminder “and now he’s doing it again! He’s asking me to forgive him again!” Ellin said, letting her head down into her hands.

“Wait what? Oh my god I feel like we’ve aged like 5 years since we last talked” Minsun said.

Ellin smiled, “tell me about it” Ellin took a deep breath before filling in the twins about what happened with her in Jinyoung lately. After a serious talk about what she should do, they began to get off topic and then it got to the point where they were all just laughing together again. What they didn’t know was that Baro and Sandeul had fallen asleep on the floor.

 

When Gummi opened the door she let out a small shriek when Baro fell on top of her feet, making him wake up “Oh my god, were you sleeping?” Gummi questioned, “Uh, yeah. You guys seriously took forever, I swear if you haven’t made up yet I’m going to-”

“We made up loser, go wake up Sandeul, doesn’t he have class soon?” Gummi asked, making the girls laugh.

“What, are you back to being rude to me now that you have your crew back?” Baro pouted. “No, I just heard you calling us chrome high illjins” Gummi smiled before she proceeded to leave.

“Did I even lie” Baro joked, making Gummi turn around and stick her tongue out at him.

 

 

Shinwoo and Gongchan sat in class, impatiently waiting for it to end. They were both eager to hear what happened in the kitchen, although they were clearly too scared to witness it themselves. “You don’t think Minsun killed any of them, right?” Gongchan asked with a serious expression on his faced. Shinwoo laughed at his joke and shook his head “Minsun? What about Choa? She probably yelled Soyuls head off in there…damn this class needs to end I can’t wait any longer” Shinwoo whispered, Gongchan nodded in agreement.

Finally the professor dismissed the class, Shinwoo and Gongchan hurriedly getting out of their seats once the announcement was made. “Yeah so, I’ll see you later” Shinwoo quickly said, “Same, Seeya” Gongchan waved, immediately heading his own way. Both of them ran in search for their twin of interest.

Shinwoo was pacing through the crowd towards the building Choas class was in until he saw her peaceful walking the opposite way. He quickly ran up to her and grabbed her shoulder. Choa, startled, took out one of her headphones and looked behind her to see who it was “Oh, it’s you. You scared me, I thought you were one of those annoying people handing out flyers” Choa sighed in relief. “You’re done class?” Shinwoo asked, Choa simply nodded her head in response. “Perfect, so you’re free to tell me everything now!?” Shinwoo nudged.

Choa pretended to act confused “what do you mean?” she asked. “I mean, are all five of you alive? Did anyone die in that kitchen?” Shinwoo asked eagerly. Choa let out a loud laugh “Oh, that!” she sang, “there were only two injuries” Choa grinned at him before she continued to walk.

Shinwoo immediately caught up with her “why do you seem so…giddy? Did you all make up?” Shinwoo asked in disbelief.

“I don’t know, I’ll tell you about it later…at the movies, right?” Choa reminded. A smile appeared on Shinwoo’s face “I was just going to bring that up” he revealed. “Well then, you better leave me alone and go get ready cause you look like a mess!” Choa joked, quickening her pace as she laughed. “Excuse me?” Shinwoo called out, shocked by her sudden insult, you better run Choa!” he yelled as she continued to run away from him. He laughed as her small figure scurried away from him. 

 

Unlike Shinwoo, Gongchan didn’t have much luck finding Minsun so he decided to just go back to his dorm to study. As he was walking down the hall he stopped as the door to Minsun and Choa’s room flew open. His eyes gleamed as he saw none other than Minsun walk out of the door. He smiled and was about to call her name until a storm of girl’s came rushing out of the same room.

“What the- illjin crew?” he said, shocked as Choa, Gummi, Soyul and Ellin all walked out of the twins’ dorms laughing. All the girl’s surrounded Choa and stormed her with advise and tips.

Gongchan was incredibly confused at what was going on, he continued to stare at them until they all stopped in front of him “Minsun-ah, I think your boyfriend wants to talk to you” Gummi joked. “Ya! He’s not even my boyfriend!” Minsun scolded.

Gongchan finally snapped out of his thoughts once those words were uttered “Minsun-ah… I guess you kiss all your guy friends then?” Gongchan teased, making Minsun’s cheek blush in frustration “Ya! Gong. Chan. Sik!” Minsun yelled while the rest of the girl’s laughed at her.

“Ugh, we have no time for you two, Choa’s going to be late for her date!” Soyul whined, trying to hurry the girl’s up. “Girls… why are you even escorting me as if I’m going to meet my prince and go to some fancy ball! I’m meeting Shinwoo to go to the movies. Shin. Woo” Choa articulated, highlighting the fact that it was no big deal, although she couldn’t deny that she did feel a little nervous.

“Yeah, she’s a big girl now… we should trust her to meet him on her own” Ellin agreed “plus, he might think we’re crazy if he sees us behind her” Ellin added. “He’d probably run for it if he saw all of us” Minsun joked.

“Which is why I am leaving now, bye you crazies” Choa waved at the girl’s before she turned around to leave. The girl’s all wished her luck as she walked to the elevator and kept throwing tips at her until she was finally out of sight.

 

Choa let out a deep breath once the elevator door closed. Jeez this isn’t even a big deal… right? Choa began to worry. All I have to do is sit there and watch a movie… it’s not like he’ll try anything…right? Choa continued to worry until her thoughts were finally cut off as the elevator doors slid open, Shinwoo standing right in front of her.

 


Yay, i managed to update in a week! Anyways, i realized after writing this chapter that there really are only a few chapters left to write...maybe 3 more? 4 at most? Could be more or less but i don't like dragging things out so you can expect it to end soon so now i want to hear your thoughts on what you want to happen so that i don't regret anything when i end this fic lol.