Let's Date

Senior year

It was now the next morning, the sun that shun from the window slowly waking Minsun up since her bed was closest to that side of the room. She put her hand in front of her face, trying to block it from getting into her eyes. Her head tilted to the other side of the room, where Choa’s bed was. She gazed at her bed for a while, waiting for her vision to become steady. Once it did she shot up, her eyes wide open, she was completely awake now, and soon the whole floor would be too.

“Ya!” she screamed, elongating the word, which only made her volume rise. She saw her sister and Shinwoo lying there over the covers. Obviously Minsun didn’t care about staying calm until she heard their explanation; instead she decided to jump to conclusions. She got out of her bed and pulled Shinwoo by the ear, waking him right up.

“Ow, ow, ow” he screeched in pain and confusion by the sudden awakening. “Yah, Shin Dongwoo! What the heck did you do to my sister yesterday? Do you want to die? You think you can just touch my sister after the first date you bas-”

“Yah, Heo Minsun! What are you doing to him!?” Choa yelled, pulling her sister away from him. Minsun turned around and grabbed her sisters ear instead “Your turn is coming up! I never knew you were this easy! You just gave it to him after the first date? You’re a vir” Choa quickly cut her sister off by putting her hand over Minsun’s mouth. “We didn’t sleep together you crazy !” Choa yelled, “we, we slept beside each other, but that’s it you freak! Aish, you just have a dirty mind!” Choa explained.

Shinwoo nodded in agreement “Really Minsun, we didn’t do anything. You really think I would take Choa to her room for that when I know you’re here?” Shinwoo said, gaining two pillows thrown at his face by each of the twins. “You, stop talking” Choa ordered, Shinwoo only laughed “bad time to joke, huh” he said, scratching the back of his head.

“Okay, so you wanna explain why the hell Shinwoo slept here then?” Minsun asked, her arms folded. “It- it couldn’t be that Gongchan brought a girl to the dorm…right?” Minsun asked, worriedly.

“There you go again, jumping to conclusions,” Choa said, shaking her head. Shinwoo chuckled “Minsun, you don’t have to worry about Gongchan doing that, he has your face as his laptops desktop, his phones lock screen, no girl would even dare be interested in him”

“He, he what? His lock screen? Aish…” Minsun pinched her nose in embarrassment.

“That sly guy locked me out… obviously on purpose. You better be careful Minsun, he has no shame. I still can’t believe his confession at the club meeting the other day” Shinwoo and Choa laughed at the reminder “Yeah, you two must find this funny now that you’ve become a couple” Minsun froze for a second, staring at the two “oops wait…are you…? did you...?” Minsun directed to her sister.

Choa smiled at her sister “Well…”

 

~

“Ch-Choa…” Shinwoo looked at her with stars in his eyes as she slowly walked out of the elevator. “Aish… quit looking at me like that…it’s too…cheesy for me to handle” Choa let out deep breath, trying to rid of her nervous feeling in her stomach. “Cheesy? You mean your heart is fluttering right? You don’t like me looking at you this way, Choa?” Shinwoo teased, bending to her level and only inches away from her face.

“Yah! Quit it or else I’m so out of here!” Choa warned. “This is just a gathering… between two friends…” Choa mumbled under her breath, her face looking down at her feet. “A gathering?” Shinwoo let out a laugh “whatever makes you feel comfortable Choa” Shinwoo smiled. “Let’s get going then?” he suggested, motioning behind him.

Choa lifted her head up “Shinwoo-yah, let’s not go to the movies” Choa suddenly said. “Huh? Why? Do you not want to do this anymore? Are you still not comfortable being with me alone?” Shinwoo said, his expression turning distressed.

“No, no no no no, no!” Choa immediately refused, waving her hands in front of him “I mean… I don’t want to go to the movies, let’s do something else… something where we can talk…and laugh and… see each other” Choa said, mumbling the last part under her breath. Shinwoo’s worried expression quickly turned to a wide smile, he looked at her like that for a few moments, “aish… I said quit staring at me like that!” Choa bit her lip from the embarrassment she was feeling.

“S-sorry, I just… I like your idea Choa” Shinwoo agreed. “Then hurry up and say that! Why are you taking so long to reply to me!” Choa scolded. Shinwoo giggled “I would say something corny here but I won’t for your sake” Shinwoo said, patting her head. “I hope you continue that consideration throughout the night,” Choa voiced.

Shinwoo smiled and nodded. “So where do you want to go? What do you want to do?” Shinwoo asked.

“Umm…. I didn’t think that far ahead” Choa said, scratching the back of her head cluelessly. “Hmm…I know! Let’s go skating, the rinks opened a week ago” Shinwoo suggested.

“Skating? I can’t skate” Choa sighed. “So what? Even better!” Shinwoo exclaimed, making a puzzled expression appear on Choa’s face. “Eh? How is that better?” Choa asked, raising an eyebrow. “Because, I can teach you.” Shinwoo explained. “And that’s better because…” Choa asked but Shinwoo just shook his head and laughed, “so clueless” he said, proceeding to grab her hand and lead the walk to the skating rink that was just a couple of blocks away from their university campus.

 

 

“Don’t let go of my hands” Shinwoo ordered with a laugh. He carefully lead her onto the ice and slid her to the ledge. “I wouldn’t even if you didn’t tell me” Choa groaned, “aish, no wonder why you had no problem with me not knowing how to skate” Choa scoffed.

“You finally got it? You’ve been quite slow lately, it’s very unlike you” Shinwoo teased. “Enough jokes! You better protect me, if I have a single bruise you’re going to pay!” Choa threatened. “Don’t worry, I’m not going to let go of you until you’re comfortable” Shinwoo reassured with a smile.

“Okay so…how do you like…move?” Choa asked, gaining a laugh from Shinwoo. “Do you know how to roller blade? It’s the same concept but on ice” he explained, “watch my feet” he skated forwards, which in return made Choa slide backwards. The sudden movement frightened her so she held Shinwoo’s hands tighter than before, making him smile “you aren’t going to fall with me holding you, although you may break my hand” he chuckled. “Oh, oops” Choa said letting out a dry laugh.

Choa sighed “Shinwoo, I just I can’t do this okay. It feels so weird being on ice and I can’t get use to it” Choa let out. “Is skating really Choa’s one weak spot?” Shinwoo asked, making Choa’s eyes furrow in frustration “Ya! Are you enjoying this!” she yelled. Shinwoo let out a laugh “I’ve never seen you like this so… why don’t you try to skate towards me while I skate backwards, you don’t have to let go of my hands that way” Shinwoo offered. “But what if you fall?” She asked worriedly. “You won’t get hurt, you’ll just fall on top of me,” Shinwoo said, shooting Choa a wink. Choa shook her head in response “DON’T fall, got it?” she ordered, Shinwoo nodded as he laughed at her expression.

Choa began to slowly skate forward with caution, keeping her eyes on her feet the whole time. “Don’t look at your feet, you need to see where you’re going” Shinwoo advised.

Choa looked up at Shinwoo and began to skate, looking down every now and then. She got to a point where she was beginning to feel comfortable with the motion and started to skate at a more normal pace. Right when she was getting it she suddenly began to lose her rhythm, making her lose her balance. She let out a shriek and slipped forward, and luckily, into Shinwoo’s chest.

 

“Choa, are you okay?” Shinwoo asked with his arms wrapped around her, concerned. She began to fake cry “I at this” she whined, Shinwoo laughed at her “it’s okay, it’s your first time” Shinwoo comforted. “I can’t believe I’m showing you this kind of image on the first date” Choa cried. But her whining and frustrated expression immediately came to a halt.

“Date?” Shinwoo asked with a hopeful smile.

Wait this isn’t officially a date yet Choa bit her lip. “Ya! Now is not the time for this, let’s either get off of the ice or let me trip a few more times until I finally master this” Choa finally said.

 

They ended up doing the latter and after a couple minutes Choa was comfortable skating while holding only one of Shinwoo’s hands. Eventually she could skate by herself and she was beginning to enjoy the feeling of sliding on ice. She didn’t want to get too ahead of herself so she refrained herself from doing any tricks, but that didn’t stop Shinwoo who tried to impress her with them. After an hour they decided to finally get off the ice and sat on the benches next to the rink.

“Soon I’ll be better than you” Choa said with an evil smile. “You’re so competitive” Shinwoo laughed, “just an hour ago you couldn’t even let go of my hand without crying” Shinwoo reminded. “I don’t know what you’re talking about” Choa said, crossing her arms and acting clueless.

“Well maybe you’ll know about how you called this a date” Shinwoo brought up, making Choa bite her lip and look away from him. I should just tell him now; this is the perfect time to do it Choa thought.

Choa looked back at Shinwoo seriously, making his bright expression match hers. “Shinwoo I…I think I’m ready, f-for us to be more than friends” Choa let out “not like we were ever on just friends terms” she mumbled under her breath looking down at her feet again. She then felt Shinwoo place his hand on hers “so I can do this now?” he asked. Choa slowly began to nod, continuing to look at her feet. She was feeling incredibly shy and her heart was beating like crazy.

“and I can do this?” he tilted her head towards hiss and placed a kiss on her forehead. Choa felt herself go insane now, she stayed frozen for a moment before she unconsciously nodded, “and this?” he put his hands over her face and his faced moved down towards her lips, kissing her.

 

Once Shinwoo pulled away, he met Choa’s eyes that remained frozen on his. Her face was completely blank and he couldn’t tell how she felt or what she was thinking. “Ch-choa?” he called. Suddenly Choa’s hands swept over her face, she was embarrassed; she couldn’t handle what was going on anymore and she felt herself finally burst, “aish, this is so embarrassing” she finally cried, making Shinwoo let out a sigh of relief which soon turned into a giggle “I’m the one who should be embarrassed, not you?” he said.

Choa looked up at him and pouted, “then why are you being so corny for? Aish, this is why I’m not good with this whole boyfriend girlfriend nonsense!” Choa continued to whine. “Alright, I won’t do that again, okay?” he said with a smile.

“L-let’s go home now… my feet are tired and I need to scream into my pillow for a few minutes” Choa voiced, aggressively taking Shinwoo’s hand and pulling him up with her.

 

“EW, are you two kidding me?”  Minsun said, cringing from the story.

“It’s not like its as cheesy as the kiss Gongchan gave you the other day, let me tell you the story” Choa laughed, turning her head towards Shinwoo, about to tell the story until Minsun put her hand over Choa mouth, “Ya! Shut up!” Minsun yelled.

Shinwoo laughed at the two fight “As if I don’t already know… he tells me everything” Shinwoo alerted. “why do you and Gongchan have to like each other, not you’ll both be telling each other the things we did and Gongchan’s game is a little too strong for me” Shinwoo sighed, shaking his head.

Choa playfully slapped the side of Shinwoo head “don’t even try to be as cheesy as Gongchan, don’t even dream about it! I’ll seriously break up with you if you do the crazy things Gongchan does to Minsun” Choa disciplined “I still cringe thinking about that confession during the club meeting” Choa said, shivering at the reminder.

“I have to live with him!” Shinwoo said letting out a puff of laughter.

“Aish… get out of here if you two are going to complain about Gongchan, I’m the one who has to go through all of his games!” Minsun said, shooing the two away.

“Wait, no. He can’t leave wearing that! You need go to their dorm and get him new clothes” Choa ordered her sister.

“What? Chill out, no one will even see him or realize he’s wearing the same clothes,” Minsun reassured.

“It’s 11AM, everyone is up and running, just go get him a new shirt at least!” Choa ordered, pushing her sister out of the door before she could even refuse.

 

“Ugh, the things I have to do for my freak of a sister” Minsun sighed. She walked over to Gongchan’s dorm door and began banging on it. “Yah, Gongchan, open the door right this minute!” she yelled. It wasn’t long until the door flew open.

“Mins-” Minsun cut Gongchan off and proceeded to walk into his dorm without warning. Gongchan was stunned, and it was too early in the morning for him to care. He turned around and was amused to find her rummaging through his drawers, “she’s definitely crazy” he said to himself.

“Aish seriously, if it wasn’t for you locking Shinwoo out I wouldn’t have to be here to get him a new shirt. Do you know how frightened I was when I woke up and found him on the bed with my sister? I was seriously going to throw him out the window!” Minsun ranted as she looked through the drawers. “I’m taking this” Minsun said with a sweater in her hand. She patted Gongchan on the shoulder before walking out of the door.

“That’s, that’s mine” he said as he watched her leave. 

 

 

“Here, happy now?” Minsun said, throwing Shinwoo a sweater. “This is Gongchan’s sweater” Shinwoo revealed “who cares, just change into it” Minsun groaned, “Why do you have another one in your hand?” Shinwoo asked.

“I- I accidentally brought two, okay? I’ll give it back to him later,” Minsun lied. She purposely took two because she wanted one for herself.

“Just change and leave before she starts hitting you again, I’ll see you later, okay?” Choa smiled.

“Okay but…my ear still really hurts” Shinwoo pouted “I think if you give me a kiss I’ll feel better” Shinwoo smiled.

“Are, are you kidding me right now!” Minsun yelled from across the room.

Choa quickly kissed Shinwoo on the cheek before shoving him into the bathroom.

“Gongchan and I better be a couple by the end of this week or else I’m going to go insane” Minsun said under her breath, Choa continuing to laugh at her irritated expression. 


Hope you all had a Merry Christmas and i hope you all are enjoying your holidays! Fluffy chapter to keep you in that warm spirit! I'm done exams so hopefully more chapters will be coming your way very shortly!