Go Back to The Start ☛

Senior year

 

It was the first day of university and the beginning of the oh-so glamorized campus life for the freshmen that walked through the Seoul University gates. The change from the neat high school setting to the complicated campus layout was big, but it made all first years hearts flutter with anticipation regardless. Students filled the campus from every possible direction, and while walking around you’d see; confused freshmen, miserable returning students, friends reuniting, and then there were 10 students who cautiously scanned the campus to make sure that they didn’t cross paths at all costs. They knew once they did, a huge fight would surely erupt.

 

“They all got in? What the hell?!” Baro asked Sandeul in disbelief as they walked down campus walk. “I don’t know… all ten of us were so determined to get into this university and we all ended up getting in. Guess being competitive does take you places” Sandeul chuckled.

“I bet Ellin’s rich parents helped her get accepted though, that girl skipped so many classes” Baro said, rolling his eyes. “True, I sometimes forget how loaded that girl is... good thing she moved.”

“Shinwoo and Jinyoung are going to give us another headache though… these four years are seriously going to if we keep hanging around them. I mean, I love them and all but, I’m just sick of the fighting” Baro sighed.

“But Jinyoung and Shinwoo made up I heard… everything should be fine, right?” Sandeul asked unsurely. “Yeah they did, but still, it was a forced make up. If it wasn’t for Gongchan I bet they would have never spoken to each other again” Baro expressed.

“Shh, here they come” Sandeul whispered, pointing at the three walking their way.

 

“Hey guys!” Baro and Sandeul waved.

“Hey… I heard we all have a class together?” Jinyoung brought up as they walked side by side towards an incredibly large golden-beige building.

“Oh yeah, it’s a pre-requisite that everyone has to take. I heard it’s pretty easy though” Gongchan revealed. “Well since we’re all taking it, it should at least be bearable, right?” Shinwoo smiled.

As they continued to walk, someone familiar had caught Gongchan’s eyes. He squinted his eyes slightly and continued to look at the girl until he realized who it was. In that short moment he was so taken aback that he didn’t critically think it through when he began to alert the others. “Hey… isn’t that Choa over there?” Gongchan pointed, Shinwoo’s eyes quickly following the direction of his finger. “It- it is…” Shinwoo said, looking down and biting his lip. His heart sunk a little because what overcame him was the feelings of wanting to desperately talk to her, but knowing that he shouldn’t.

“What’s with the face Shinwoo?” Jinyoung said, knowing exactly why Shinwoo was acting the way he was “Does she still hate you?” he continued, letting out a short laugh which made everyone incredibly uncomfortable, and Shinwoo incredibly annoyed.

“Don’t. Start. Jinyoung.” Gongchan articulated slowly in his ear, only provoking him more.

“Why don’t we go and see how our old friend is doing.” Jinyoung smirked, grabbing Shinwoo’s arm and dragging him towards her. “Jung Jinyoung let go of me! It’s not the right time!” Shinwoo pressed, but Jinyoung didn’t budge and continued to walk towards the girl who had no clue what was coming her way.

 

Choa gently slid her white headphones over her short brown hair and pressed play on her phone. She enjoyed listening to music as she walked to class, and since she predicted she’d end up getting lost and taking the long way she wanted to make the walk a little less painful. She proceeded to look up the map of the university in order to find out just where her class was and to her surprise it wasn’t as far as she had expected it to be. She smiled and looked down at the map as she walked.

She was enjoying herself and the scenery that surrounded her; until suddenly she sensed someone stand in her way. “Please don’t let it be annoying peppy club enlisters” Choa prayed.

She slowly began to look up and her expression quickly became filled with annoyance. She let out a puff of laughter at the two boys who stood in front of her. “Wow… and here I thought nothing could ruin this morning! You two always shattering expectations as usual” Choa said, shooting the two a cold glare. “and you… you really have a lot of guts approaching me, huh?” she said, giving Shinwoo an emotionless smile.

“Choa, c-can we talk for a second…alone?” Shinwoo asked hesitantly.

“I’m kind of busy right now…and probably will be for the rest of my life matter of fact, but hey, I’ll put you on the waiting list. Now move” She put her hands in between the two and pushed them out of her way. She continued to walk away until Jinyoung peddled back and put his arm in front of her, blocking her way. “Not so fast” He said with a smirk.

“Jinyoung, leave me alone before I break your arm and mess up your hair that you probably spent over an hour on” Choa threatened.

“Why do you have to be such a for? We came here to say hi and you can’t even be nice?” Jinyoung said, crossing his arms and acting offended.

Shinwoo’s head quickly turned to Jinyoung in rage at what had just come out of his mouth “Jung Jinyoung! Watch your mouth when you talk to people!” Shinwoo yelled in anger, it took every last muscle in him to not throw him to the ground.

He was going to drag Jinyoung away but Choa signaled him to move over instead. She then fearlessly approached Jinyoung and smiled “A , huh?” Choa laughed, pulling down her headphones. “Yah, Jung Jinyoung, I’m not obligated to be nice to any of you. What? You think you can just treat people like trash and then still have them be nice to you? If being a means not putting up with your bull, then fine, I’ll happily be a my whole life!” she spat, making Jinyoung fume with anger while the rest of the guys stayed speechless at her reply.

“What the hell is going on here!” Choa’s twin sister Minsun yelled from a few feat away. She quickly charged towards Jinyoung and pushed him away from her sister

“Oh my god, this is going to get good, hand me the popcorn” Baro joked, nudging Sandeul.

 “Jung Jinyoung, as if you haven’t already done enough! And you 3, all you can do is stand there and watch!?” Minsun yelled, staring coldly at both Baro and Sandeul.

“Whoa, we don’t want to get involved, what’s it to you?” Sandeul defended. “You and your sister are really something, huh?” Baro laughed.

Minsun let out a laugh, “really something? You mean something that doesn’t just stand back and let people treat us badly? Sorry, we aren’t majoring in being bystanders like you two!” Minsun yelled.

“Us two? Ha, ofcourse you wouldn't include Gongchan right. It's because you have a crush on him, right?” Baro taunted.

“Cha Sunwoo!” Minsun yelled, about to push him until Gongchan held her back “Please don’t, he’s not worth your time.” Gongchan begged.

“Whoa, even calling me by my birth name now? Someone must be angry” Baro laughed

“What’s up with you two and violence? Getting kicked out of school wasn’t enough of a wake up call for you rebels huh?” Sandeul added. “Yeah, it’s never enough when we’re surrounded by physical trash like you!” Minsun spat back.

 

Gummi who had just arrived on campus could see the 7 of them yelling from a far. With her eyes wide open, she began to run towards them.

“Jeez, it’s the first day and you’ve already managed to break out a fight?” Gummi yelled at all of them “you guys are so immature. We haven’t seen each other for months and this is how we’re starting, right back at the beginning!” Gummi scolded.

“Shut up Gummi, you’re the queen of picking fights.” Jinyoung said, gaining a laugh from her.

“You’re right, who am I kidding?” Gummi said, approaching Jinyoung and pushing him, making him fall to the ground. “Oops my bad, I forgot you fall like a twig” Gummi coldly smiled as she looked down at him. “Do you really wanna fight with me!” Jinyoung yelled.

“Gummi, what the hell are you doing!?” Ellin yelled, Soyul quickly following behind her. “Why are you hitting him! And on campus grounds too? Who the hell do you think you are?” Ellin angrily said helping him up. Everyone looked at Ellin with surprised expressions on their faces.

“El- Ellin? What are you doing here? I thought you moved!?" Jinyoung asked. "None of your business" Ellin spat. "So then why are you helping me?” Jinyoung questioned. “Don’t look at me like that, my feelings towards you remain the same, hard solid rock.” Ellin whispered to him, rolling her eyes.

“Hah, so now you care about him?” Gummi said, making Choa and Minsun laugh in disgust. “No, it’s just not your place to hit him!” Ellin clarified, turning around and glaring at them.

“Whatever Ellin, you’re still the person who hurt him the most” Sandeul commented making everyone become speechless for a moment.

“Shut up Sandeul! Boohoo, I hurt the guy who betrayed me! What a bad person I am, cry me a ing river!” Ellin seethed.  “Ugh, I hate all of you! Nothing has changed since senior year” Ellin sighed, pretending to be disappointed.

“Yeah, you girl’s are still as ugly as I remembered, well except for you Ellin,” Jinyoung laughed.

“Jinyoung, can you please shut the hell up!” Shinwoo yelled, pushing his shoulder violently. “Do you really want to start with me again?!” Jinyoung shouted, bringing his fist up. “What are you going to do, punch me again? What, did the last bruise you left not last long enough to your satisfaction?” Shinwoo yelled, triggering Jinyoung even more.

Choa quickly stood in between the two of them the moment Jinyoung threw his fist, which resulted in her getting punched in the head. The 9 of them all looked at her in shock and regret. “Choa!” Ellin called nervously “You bastard.” Gummi said, shaking her head.

“Ch-Choa, are you okay? I- I didn’t mean to…” Jinyoung stuttered regretfully.

Choa slowly put her hand up towards her skull and began to laugh “Yah… doesn’t this remind you of old times?” she smiled and then proceeded to punch him in the stomach.

Jinyoung held his stomach tightly and tried his best to hide the revolting pain that shot through him

“I can’t believe you just hit my sister you piece of dirt!” Minsun yelled about to rip his hair off until Ellin quickly wrapped her arms around her, preventing her from moving forward “Ellin, let go of me!” Minsun yelled “No, although he hides it he’s probably aching on the inside. I’ll teach him a lesson for Choa, I promise” Ellin said but Minsun still struggled to get out from her grip.

Suddenly someone interrupted them.

“You 10! Follow me before I expel you all before the year even begins!” a man yelled, making all of their heads turn.

“, this is just great. I worked my of all senior year to get kicked out!” Soyul said, the others turning their heads towards her. They all didn’t even notice that she was there.

“Yeah, I guess ditching us in order to beat us out of the #1 spot all went to nothing, huh?” Gummi said, walking past Soyul and purposely bumping into her.

“Why don’t you just leave, huh? We won’t tattle on you, don’t worry” Minsun said coldly before she took Choa’s hand and followed behind Gummi.

Soyul clenched her fist in anger and looked at the nine walk away. Her mind told her to just run away but for some reason her feet began to walk towards them.

 

 

The 10 of them all squished into the man’s office, which just so happened to be the vice principle of the university. They all sat down on the couches placed parallel to his desk and crossed their arms without a word. Gummi popped a piece of gum in and took out her phone with no sign of care or acknowledgment of the man sitting in front of her. “You have any extra?” Choa asked, Gummi nodded and handed her two pieces of gum, Choa smiled and took them, giving the second one to her sister.

“You three, spit out that gum and show some respect!” the man ordered. The girl’s looked up at him with almost zero emotion present in their faces. “I just put this in my mouth, what kind of example are you making telling us to throw out things so easily? We should cherish the food we eat, no?” Choa said, making everyone but the Vice Principle laugh.

“Oh, how gracious of you to point that out to me” the man said sarcastically.

“Any time” Choa joked.

“Maybe it would be better if you applied that theory to your relationships, seeing as all of you must have thrown each other out very quickly by the looks of it.” the man said, resulting in all of them looking down. “You all use to be close friends, weren’t you?” the vice principle said, erasing the devious smile on Choa’s face.

 

The man smiled and proceeded to take their student ID cards, looking them all up individually on his computer. “Well, well, it seems you are all first years. Couldn’t even stay out of trouble for one day, huh?” the man said, shaking his head as he looked at their documents. “Whoa, and it seems our lovely gum rights activist has quite a record. You must feel right at home in this office.” He said, making Choa scoff. “Oh wait, I’m sorry to single you out, seems like all of you have quite a record.” He said, shaking his head.

“How about we all sit in a circle and talk about our feelings since you seem so interested in revealing peoples pasts.” Gummi suggested sarcastically.

He ignored Gummi’s comment and continued to inspect the other students’ documents. His face suddenly crunched up in curiosity. “Wait a second…” a few moments later he began to erupt in laughter.

“What’s so funny?” Minsun asked, incredibly annoyed.

“You all went to the same high school? Wow, this is really quite a coincidence.” The vice president laughed “are we too easy of a university to get into or something?” he asked himself unsurely.

Soyul rolled her eyes in annoyance “Okay, so what’s our punishment? Can we get it over with so I can go to class?” Soyul asked impatiently.

“You ten aren’t leaving before you give me an explanation. Seeing as all of you went to the same high school, I’m predicting this story will be a great one!” the vice president said, clasping his hands in anticipation.

 

Each of them all looked at each other coldly and didn’t say a single word. Although they wanted to avoid their high school memories at all costs, their minds began to trail off to the days of senior year.

 


 

How was the first chapter? Please tell me your thoughts~