(ƒ) Prank ⚔

Senior year

“Ellin! It’s seriously you!” Minsun cried, hugging her old friend tightly. “Minsun, Gummi, how are you two even here? And in my class as well? Does this mean that Choa is here too?” Ellin exclaimed in excitement. “Uh-huh, she’s in Class 7!” Minsun chimed.

“This is seriously unbelievable. Who’d expect we’d all be attending the same school like old times” Gummi beamed.

“But wait, how are you girl’s even here? This is way too good to be true” Ellin questioned, still confused by their sudden appearance in such an unexpected place.

 

“ehm, I’m sorry to break up the reunion party but you’ll need to go take a seat. Class is still in session” the teacher ordered. “Oops, sorry" Ellin bowed as she turned around to face the teacher, "Where’s my seat?” she asked.

“Over there, Beside Jung Jinyoung” he pointed.  Ellin suddenly froze at the sound of that name. "It couldn't perhaps be that..." She looked at her teacher in doubt, squinting her eyes at him as if she had heard wrong. “Jung Jinyoung is right behind you” the teacher repeated impatiently, Ellin still not making a single movement.

Finally, while holding her breath, Ellin turned around towards Gummi and Minsun, “does he mean?” both nodded at her slowly.

Ellin's eyes slowly trailed off to the back of the room, widening once she saw Jinyoung sitting there, staring at her with a nervous expression. His heavy breathes could only be heard by Gongchan who was sitting beside him.

Gongchan looked over at him in confusion “just who in fact is this Ellin girl...” he thought, turning his attention back to the girl who slowly approached Jinyoung’s desk.

Ellin's expression was cold and blank. Her eyes didn’t leave Jinyoung’s as she steadily walked towards him, making him shiver. Once she stood in front of his desk, she bent down to his level and put her lips beside his ear “Remember me, oppa?” she whispered. “I’m not the same as I was before, so expect the worst, Jung. Jin. Young,” she articulated slowly. She then proceeded to sit in her chair, laughing to herself as she crossed her legs and took out her books from her bag. Jinyoung’s head slowly turned around to face her, but not a single sound could leave his lips.

 

Choa quickly ran towards class nine once she has heard the news of Ellin’s sudden arrival. Their class had yet to be dismissed but that wouldn’t stop Choa. “wait here for a sec” Choa requested Soyul. She smiled and nodded in understanding.

“Ellin? Ellin!” Choa chimed once she finally spotted her friend at the back of the room. “Choa-ah!” Ellin sang.

“You’ve got to be kidding me” the teacher muttered in frustration, throwing his chalk to the ground.

Choa ignored the teacher and ran to Ellin, giving her a warm hug. “Ellin, you’re attending this nasty school too? And here I thought Chrome high would only get worse” Choa chirped, the students all rolling their eyes at her comment.

“Ya, can’t you see a class is being taught? If you’re not here to study then don’t bother even showing up!” one of the students yelled. “Someone’s grumpy that people have better things to do than read a text book” Choa mumbled, making Ellin laugh.

“Class is dismissed, all of you get out of my sight” the teacher said with no patience left to even yell at the girls.

 

Both Minsun and Gummi quickly got out of their seats and ran towards the girls. Jinyoung on the other hand, quickly got up to leave, bumping into Choa's shoulder purposely.

“Wow, your seat is seriously right next to Jinyoung? What a joke” Choa said as Jinyoung walked out of the class. “How are you holding up though?” Choa asked, genuinely concerned. “I’m fine… i'm not even surprised that he goes to this school. I should have expected it” Ellin sighed.

“Don’t worry about it, we’ve got a plan for Jung Jinyoung already” Gummi revealed. “Let me guess, you three already got into a fight with him?” Ellin said, letting out a short laugh “you three haven’t changed one bit!” Ellin sighed, putting Minsun in a headlock. “Let’s go get lunch so you girls can explain to me how the hell we all ended up at the same school!” 

 

As the girl’s walked towards the packed halls, Choa realized that Soyul was still standing outside of the class walls, waiting patiently for her. “Ah! Chingus, I want to introduce you to the only decent Chrome high student I’ve found” Choa suddenly brought up, bringing her friends to a halt. She took Soyul’s hand and pulled her towards the girls “This is Soyul, Park Soyul.” Choa introduced. Soyul smiled and waved to the girls. “Hi…” she said shyly.

“Wah, you’re really pretty!” Minsun complemented, making Soyul smile “I’m Minsun, Choa’s twin sister. This is Gummi and Ellin” Minsun pointed, the two girls waving happily at the girl standing nervously in front of them.

“Ahh… so you’re the famous Ellin” Soyul brought herself to say. “Famous? I’m already popular in this school? Amazing...” Ellin joked. “Common let’s go get lunch” Ellin said, bringing Soyul to her side and locking arms with her.

Soyul felt reassured at how friendly Choas friends were treating her. She could feel their consideration and how comfortably the girl's were trying to make her feel, and she really appreciated that.

 

“Wow, we seem to have our first female illjin cult” Baro said, shaking his head at the 5 girls that entered the cafeteria. The girl’s weren’t paying attention enough to realize how many sets of eyes were staring at them. They just continued to giggle and chat as they put their plates on the table and sat down.

“Why is this cafeteria so quiet?” Ellin finally noticed, looking around her. “and why are they all staring at me…” Ellin said, shooting the staring students rude glares. 

“I told you, every single student in Chrome high has been curious about the girl that makes Jinyoung shrivel up in anger and fright” Soyul explained. “Shrivel up in anger and fright?” Ellin smiled in enjoyment at those words. “I haven’t even done anything yet and he’s already scared?” she chuckled.

“So tell me girls, how the hell did you get into this school?” Ellin asked impatiently. "To tell you the truth, we don’t know” Gummi plainly replied. “Huh? What do you mean you don't know?” Ellin asked.

“The principal wouldn’t tell us how we got in. she just expelled us and said that we’re being sent to Chrome high…” Gummi explained. “What the heck… that … but hey, at least we get to attend this awful school together” Ellin said, trying to make light of the situation.

“Hold up, why are YOU here then? You hate school's like this and always manage to convince your parents to send you to a normal one” Choa asked in confusion. “Yeah... well, I'm just so sick of people looking at me like some rich kid who’s trying to show off her wealth by going to a normal school” Ellin sighed “but now look, i'm now known as the girl who stole these girls' oppa and broke his heart” Ellin laughed.

“I don’t think they know you dated him for sure yet…” Soyul alerted “Oh really now… then who do these students think I am then?” Ellin asked. “I don’t really know, but probably something bad enough to make their precious oppa seem so mighty and amazing” Soyul said, rolling her eyes. 

The 4 girl’s looked at Soyul in curiosity “Hey Soyul…you don’t seem to like Jinyoung much either… did something happen?” Minsun asked.

Soyul hesitated for a moment but as she looked at each of the girls' faces she felt that she could trust them. Although she had just met them all, for some reason she felt she could tell them anything.

“It’s not that I had a particular bad episode happen with Jinyoung... I just hate how crazy girls go over him and the rest of his friends when they don’t even know them. All they’ve done these past years is put on some “perfect boy” act and make girls fall for them, and of course they all break the girls' hearts in the end” Soyul ranted.

Once she had finished talking she realized how much she let out “I’m sorry for rambling” Soyul apologized. “Don’t apologize Soyul, we understand you. That’s why we don’t take peoples bull anymore and always get ourselves tangled up in fights” Choa comforted.

“I don’t blame you girls. Being so helpless makes me feel so frustrated, if I had someone to stand up with I would but… it’s only me who seems to have this problem... but i bet other people do too, they're just too scared... like me” Soyul expressed.

“Well you can stand up with us now, and it's a relief that you don’t mind our “troublemaker” habits. I heard you’re the smartest student in this whole school so I figured you wouldn’t want to be friends with us” Choa confessed.

“No, I’m really happy like this now. You girls seem so intimidating on the outside but you’re all the nicest people I’ve ever met” Soyul expressed, making the girl’s giggle. “We are nice to the people we like” Gummi said, patting Soyul’s back.

“Actually, since you girls seem to be scheming to sabotage Jinyoung’s image, I have an idea to get your message out there. You know… just a fun way to show the boys what you’re capable of” Soyul giggled. The girl’s all leaned in with anticipation “what’s your idea? Hurry up and tell us” Ellin said, pushing her shoulder lightly.

“Well, Jinyoung is actually throwing a party Saturday night. He just sent people texts about it, obviously only to the popular and most powerful students though. He’s clearly threatened by you girls and is doing this so he gets more people on his side for when goes down” Soyul explained “So I think you all know where this is going… we crash the party and totally make a fool out of Jinyoung!” Soyul exclaimed, the girl’s all deviously smiling at her idea “We love it!” Choa, Minsun and Gummi said together, but Ellin’s face was a bit indifferent.

The girl’s directed their attention to her and could understand why she wouldn’t want to be a part of their plan. “Ellin, you can just help us get ready. Don’t worry about going inside Jinyoung’s house, we’ll take care of the rest” Gummi consoled “Are you sure? I kind of feel bad… and honestly, I want to be a part of the fun too.” Ellin sighed.

“It’s alright, you can drive us there since you already know where he lives. We need someone to wait outside for us anyway so we can quickly run away” Choa added. “Alright then. How about all of you come to my place on Saturday and we’ll all get ready together!” Ellin suggested. “Great idea!” Minsun agreed.

“Saturday night huh? Girl’s, get your dancing shoes ready and prepare for some kicking” Gummi grinned.

“Oh right, I didn’t tell you guys what happened in class today…” Choa sighed. Soyul looked at her and knew exactly what she was going to say. “Soyul and I went to go get some milk this morning and by the time I came back, all my notes were ripped to shreds… I don’t know who did it though…” Choa revealed. “They did what?!” Minsun said, raising her voice.

“hold on a sec, when was this?” Gummi asked curiously “in the morning, right before first period”

“Hmm… Jinyoung went out of class for a bit and arrived back right before the bell rang… do you think that maybe….” Before Gummi could finish her sentence, Choa got up and locked eyes with someone from afar.

“I’ll be right back” she said as she walked up to a table where sat Jinyoung, Shinwoo, Baro, Sandeul, and Gongchan.

Choa looked at Shinwoo straight in the eyes disappointedly “So that’s why you wouldn’t tell me, huh? You were in on it too, weren’t you? I can’t believe you made me think you were holding my bag in order to protect me. You’re trash Shinwoo” she spat before she ran out of the cafeteria.

"Whoa? What's up with her?" Baro and Sandeul laughed. Shinwoo quickly looked at Jinyoung who had a grin on his face while Gongchan had absolutely no clue what was going on. 

 

Shinwoo quickly got out of his chair and ran outside to catch up to her. 

“Choa, wait!” he said, running towards her and latching his hand on her arm. “Don’t touch me!” she yelled, violently pulling her hand away.

“Just listen to me for a second. I- I didn’t rip up your papers, you have to believe that i was totally against it. Jinyoung ordered some girl from another grade to ruin your belongings. You’re right though, I am trash for not telling you that Jinyoung was the master mind behind it but, I did take your bag to protect the rest of your things! You've got to believe me!” Shinwoo begged desperately.

“I don’t care… the thought of you just watching someone rip up my things is disgusting enough” Choa spat. 

“But why… why are you so disappointed in me? I mean, isn’t this the behavior you would expect from a Chrome high student? Do you perhaps-”

“I thought you were cool at first, happy?" she interrupted. "But don’t you worry because that thought is in the trash now” Choa yelled. "Why do YOU want my forgiveness so badly anyway, huh?" Choa said, shooting him a question back.

"Be-because... I know you're not a bad person. I know all these rumors about you girls being iljins are false!" Shinwoo replied. "What makes you so sure?" Choa asked. "Because... it's just obvious to me. Your acts are all for good in the end." 

"Stop being nice to me because I can't believe a word you say anymore" she said before walking away. But for some reason Choa couldn't erase the look on his face nor the words that had came out of his mouth. "Because... it's obvious to me" those words kept echoing in her head.

 

 

It was finally Saturday night and the girls were all seated in Ellin’s car as she drove to Jinyoung’s house. “The car seriously stinks, what on earth did you girls put in that bucket?” Ellin asked as she waved her hand in front of her nose. “Just some dish water…dirty dish water that is… and we might have dumped some garbage in it” Minsun giggled.

 “Do you think we’re going a little too far?” Soyul asked unsurely. “Take it from me Soyul, pouring some dirty water on his head is being generous” Ellin reassured.

“How in the hell are we even going get this into his house?” Choa worried. “We’ll find a way around it, we always do somehow. It’s like the revenge angels are all on our sides!” Gummi joked.

Ellin finally pulled the car over beside Jinyoung’s house. It was already half past midnight and the party had started a few hours ago.

“Okay, here’s the plan.” Ellin began as she turned around to face the girls “Once you girls get into his house, walk straight and there will be a huge staircase on your right. Go up it and then go to Jinyoung’s room, it has a veranda that overlooks the pool. I’m 100% sure that’s where they will all be. Then it’s all up to timing and aim” Ellin laid out for them.

“Okay but two loop holes may occur: one, we don’t get in, and two, we get caught by someone from Chrome high…”

“For one, bribe the maids, and for two… let’s just pray that that person isn’t Jung Jinyoung. If it’s anyone else just drag them up there with you and lock them up in some closet” Ellin said, making the girls laugh.

“Jeez Ellin, you really know how to sabotage a party” Gummi commented. “I watched a lot of American movies while i was abroad, okay? Now go!” Ellin shooed.

The girls quietly got out one by one and took a deep breath “Ready girls?” Gummi whispered “ready!” the girls whispered back.

Both Soyul and Choa held the bucket which was covered by a cloth so that no one could see the contents of it. “this seriously does reek!” Choa complained “Just bare with it for a few more seconds” Gummi said.

Once they got to the front gate they were surprised by the lack of security “there’s literally no one here…” Minsun said as she looked around in suspicion “Whatever” she shrugged and rang the doorbell.

“Hello, are you girls here for the party?” a maid asked once she opened the door.

“Uh-huh, we’re chrome high students, see” Gummi announced, pulling out the front of her sweater that had a Chrome high logo on it. “I would let you girls in but Jinyoung told me that all of the guests had already arrived and not to let anyone else in… especially if 5 girls, short in height, showed up…” the maid said suspiciously.

“But we’re 4 girl’s, not 5. So obviously that’s not us!” Minsun reasoned, smiling brightly and trying to act cute so that the maid would give in.

“Uhmm… let me go get Jinyoung-“

“Wait, no! Look, just let us in, will you?” Minsun begged but the maid still not budging.

“You don’t like Jinyoung, right?” Choa suddenly said, the maid turning around in interest. “We know you hate his guts. I mean, what kind of sane person would like him? Well today is your lucky day then because we’re all here to relieve your stress” Choa said, making the maid’s expression loosen up a bit. “Well... I guess I could let you girls in if you just persuaded me a little more with something” the maid replied.

Gummi nodded her head and handed the maid 100 dollars, “and if we get out scotch free then we’ll give you another 100, okay?” Gummi said.

The maid nodded and quickly walked away from the wide open door. The girl’s then hurriedly walked in and headed towards the stairs. Everything was going smoothly until…

“Choa?” Shinwoo called “is that Minsun and Gummi too?” Gongchan asked.

Choa and Minsun both looked at each other and nodded “you two go upstairs, we’ll take care of them” Soyul and Gummi understood and quickly ran up to find where Jinyoung’s room was.

Meanwhile, Choa and Minsun grabbed both Shinwoo and Gongchan by the ear and dragged them upstairs “Yah, that hurts!” Shinwoo cried “Let go of me Minsun!” Gongchan yelled.

“Quit your whining” Choa groaned. Once they made it up the stairs, Choa and Minsun grabbed both Shinwoo and Gongchans arms tightly and dragged them into Jinyoung’s room.

“What the hell are you two doing here!” Shinwoo yelled worriedly, pulling his arm out of Choa’s grip. “We’re here to give Jinyoung a little... present” Choa smiled.

“I’m so outta here. You girls better run in a few minutes when Jinyoung comes after you” Gongchan said, running towards the door.

Minsun quickly wrapper her arms around him, making him unable to move “Oppa~ please don’t leave” Minsun whined in a high pitched voice, making everyone in the room cringe “Heo Minsun, why are you acting this way!” Gongchan asked in shock

Shinwoo was about to pull Minsun off of him until Choa back hugged him tightly “girls hurry up and poor the bucket over Jinyoung’s head!” Choa ordered. Shinwoo stayed frozen, not a single word leaving his mouth, he was taken completely aback and truthfully, he didn’t want Choa to let go of him.

Soyul and Gummi both pulled up the bucket and leaned it over the veranda bars “Wow, look, they’ve all been drinking. No wonder why they haven’t noticed us yet” Gummi said, rolling her eyes. “Look, here comes Jinyoung, on the count of three let’s tip the bucket” Soyul suggested.

“Alright, 1…2…3!” the two girl quickly tipped the bucket, splashing it all over, not only Jinyoung, but the people around him too. All of the girls laughed at the sound of the screams coming from below. "That'll teach em" Choa muttered as she let go of Shinwoo.

After Jinyoung’s shocked and confused reaction left his body, he slowly looked up above him “WHAT. THE HELL ARE YOU TWO DOING HERE?’ he yelled.

“Oh , better run!” Soyul and Gummi panicked.