The Date

One-Sided Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N#1: This chapter of the story is 100% the opposite of what actually happened. There will be more true events, and I will let you know when they occur. Enjoy this chapter! :)

(PS: this chapter is probably the longest one I've written—EVER. Took awhile to edit, too. If I left out any other mistakes, please let me know!)

--------------------------------------------------------------

Friday finally came, after what seemed like forever.

Minzy woke up ten minutes early to the sound of her phone vibrating noisily.

"What the…" Minzy grumbled as she lazily reached for her phone on the nightstand.

Jongin: WAAAAHHHHHH CAN'T WAIT FOR TONIGHT!!!!! The movie's gonna be AWESOME!!! :D

Processing what she just read, Minzy chuckled.

Minzy: Dude. You woke me up. -_-

Moments later, Minzy began to drift off again when her phone shook violently on her face. She flung herself out of bed, alarmed.

Jongin: Shouldn't you be getting ready for school?

Minzy sighed irritably. She replied with: Yeah. My alarm goes off in two minutes anyway.

Minzy dragged herself to her clothes she laid out the night before and got ready for the day. As she did, Minzy was texting Jongin, who claimed he was already on his way to school because his brother drove him. He offered to pick Minzy up, but she declined because her parents would be pissed.

When Minzy got off the bus, it was awfully cold for an October morning. As usual, her bus was last to school. Minzy was surprised to see Jongin waited by the entrance.

"You looking freezing," Jongin stated.

Minzy shrugged in her wool sweater. "Maybe just a little bit."

"You want my jacket?" Jongin offered.

*Well played, Kim Jongin,* Minzy wanted to say, *but I see what you're doing here. So no.*

Being the polite girl she was, Minzy refused. "It's okay. We're here anyway." She gave a lighthearted smile.

Jongin nodded. "Off to homeroom we go."

Walking to homeroom with Jongin was uncomfortable for Minzy. She was used to walking alone, so of course it was awkward. Jongin was much more touchy than he's ever been, which freaked Minzy out.

The torture ended when the duo reached Miss Park's room.

*Let the day begin…* Minzy thought.

When history class rolled around two hours later, Soojung and Jinri were bouncing off the walls. Not just for Minzy and Jongin, but for Sehun and Soojung.

"Oh. My. Gosh. MINZY!!" Soojung hollered.

"What's wrong?" Minzy asked curiously.

"Nothing!" Soojung exclaimed. "I had my first date with Sehun last night."

"She's totally in love," Jinri commented. "And you said you thought he was annoying before!"

Soojung giggled. "Yeah, I know. I lied."

"Why?" Jinri demanded.

"I was afraid you guys would judge me for liking him," Soojung admitted, referring to Minzy as well. "So I just kind of went along with what everybody else was saying about him."

"Why would we judge you?" Minzy asked.

Soojung shrugged. "Most people find him annoying."

Minzy raised an eyebrow. "Yeah, that's kinda true."

"You know what else is kinda true?"

"What?"

"Your date with Jongin tonight."

"Oh, I completely forgot about that!" Jinri cried. "The two of you were so cute when you came into homeroom this morning. I just wanted to squish you!" She said the last statement in a baby voice and reached over to pinch Minzy's already red cheek. Soojung laughed hysterically.

"Guys…" Minzy whined.

"What?" Soojung chuckled. "It's funny!"

Minzy gave a thin smile. "It won't be when things don't work out."

Soojung finally stopped laughing. "Why do you say… wait a minute. This isn't about Jongin, isn't it?"

Minzy fell silent. "I don't even know anymore…" Minzy confessed.

"Minzy," Jinri looked her dead in the eye, "have you ever had a boyfriend?"

"What?! Of course I…" When Minzy saw the look of disbelief on the girls' faces, she shut . "No. I haven't."

Soojung took a long breath. "That's why you've been so worried about this." Minzy nodded. "And that's why you were freaking out when I was teasing you in the bathroom." Minzy nodded once again.

Jinri sighed. "What have we gotten you into?"

Minzy furrowed her brow. "What do you mean…?"

"When I was on my date with Sehun," Soojungg explained, "he told me Jongin is starting to think you like him back. Jongin apparently told Sehun that Bjoo said you don't want things to go too far. Now that Jongin believes you like him like that, well…"

Minzy slumped in her chair. "He's gonna try to kiss me, isn't he?" Soojung looked down to the ground, guilty. As did Jinri.

"Well, it's just a kiss…" Jinri murmured.

"It's her FIRST kiss, Jinri," Soojung remarked.

Minzy rubbed her temples, praying for help. "Have either of you had your first kiss?"

Jinri shook her head as Soojung nodded. Soojung turned all red and lovey-dovey again. "It was so romantic…"

"You told me you've never kissed anyone, Soojung!" Jinri said.

"That was over the summer," Soojung reminded her. "Besides, I was on a date last night. What do you think happened?"

Jinri gasped. "YOU… SEHUN… DATE… KISS?!?!"

"Uh, yeah," Soojung said flatly. "What'd you expect?" Minzy's stomach dropped.

"When did you plan on telling me this?!" Jinri hissed.

"Right now." Soojung smirked.

Minzy began shooting down questions. "Soojung, what was it like? Did you expect it? Did he kiss you first or did you kiss him? Was it before, during, or after the date?"

"Whoa, calm down!" Soojung raised her hands to defend herself. "You're turning into Jinri the Crazy over here."

Before Jinri could speak, Minzy said "Soojung, I'm serious. I'm really scared now."

Soojung frowned, feeling bad for the frantic girl. "Okay. It was while we were waiting for my mom to pick me up from the bowling alley. Sehun had to run a few errands so his dad would pick him up later. Sehun was scared out of his mind. I mean, he was hyperventilating! I thought he was gonna pass out! Seeing him like that freaked me out. When I asked him if he was okay, he just nodded.

"Then, Sehun turned to me, smiled, and said 'I had a great time' like they always do in the movies. I obviously knew what was coming. Not giving two s, I let him kiss me. Gosh, he has such kissable lips, too!"

"What was it like?" Jinri asked in amazement.

"I can't even begin," Soojung said like she was telling a story. "It felt like everything around us just disappeared. It lasted a good five or six seconds, but it was the best five or six seconds of my life! After the kiss, we just kinda looked at each other and smiled, and I hugged him and thanked him for such an awesome night. Before it could get even more awkward than it was, my mom's car drove up. And that was it.

Minzy pursed her lips. "So, on a scale of one to ten, how awkward was it after–"

"Alright, class!" Ms Park's booming voice yelled. "Class has begun." She glared at Minzy, Soojung, and Jinri.

Minzy waited for the day to pass as best she could. When her bus arrived at school, Minzy almost ran out the door.

With the little homework she had, Minzy did it all on the bus in sloppy handwriting (which she promised herself to fix the next day). When Minzy got off the bus, she ran down the street, not caring how crazy her neighbors thought she was or the kids on the bus staring at her.

Minzy flew into the kitchen. "Hey, Mom! What's for dinner?" Minzy rushedly asked, out of breath.

Her mother glanced up and smirked. "Pork. What's the need to be so urgent coming home? Excited for your date?"

Minzy shrugged, grabbing an apple. "Something like that."

"Hm? Care to explain?" Minzy's mother asked, cutting fat off of pork chops.

Minzy was hesitant, but she explained every little detail, from the first day of school until now. "Minzy!" Her mother snapped.

"What?!" Minzy retorted.

"If you haven't had a boyfriend, and you don't even like Jongin like that, why are you going out with him?" Her mother questioned.

"Mom. I just told you about how much his life ." Minzy glared at her.

"Your friends told you Jongin's going to try to kiss you. What about that?" Minzy's mother raised an eyebrow. "And you haven't had your first kiss."

"I know." Minzy grinned. "And I won't let it happen."

"Mmhmm!" Minzy's mother gave a sly smile. "You say that now, but if you come home crying about it, don't say I didn't warn you."

Minzy rolled her eyes. "Relax, Mother! I'll be fine!"

"Okay!" Her mother made a gesture that matched her sarcastic response. "If you say so."

By the time dinner was ready, it was 4:30. "We'll have to leave in a half an hour," Minzy stated.

"I know, honey, calm down," her mother assured her. "We'll get there on time."

Minzy nodded. "Do you think I should change my outfit?"

"Why?" Her mother furrowed her brow.

Minzy shrugged. "I guess to look presentable."

Minzy's mom smiled. "You like him, don't you?"

Minzy felt her cheeks burn. "No! It's a date, Mom! When you would go on dates with Dad, would YOU get dressed up?"

Her mom squinted her eyes. "Make it quick."

Minzy dashed to her room. She changed from black yoga pants and her red wool sweater to a pink floral blouse with a white button-down sweater with pale blue jeans. She put in tiny pearl earrings and put her hair into a French braid down her shoulder. Minzy fixed her makeup, adding cat-eyed eyeliner and blush. (Because let's face it—Minzy would already be doing enough of that. No use to hide it with bb cream.)

Minzy slipped on a pair light pink Converse sneakers and ran back downstairs. "How do I look?" She asked her mother.

Her mother gasped. "You look beautiful, sweetie!"

Minzy couldn't help but smile. "Thanks."

Her mother clapped her hands. "It's 4:45 now, and you did a great job getting ready. Let's go now so you're not late!"

Minzy followed her mom to the blue Honda Civic in the garage. As she buckled in, she started talking to her mom.

"Hey, Mom?"

"Yes, Minzy?"

"You're not going to get out of the car, right?"

"No."

"If Jongin comes up to the car and asks about you and dad fighting, just go with it, okay?"

Her mom stopped the car at the end of the driveway. "Excuse me?"

Minzy told her mother about how she had to lie to Jongin about her parents fighting when she was upset. She hoped her mom would let her off the hook.

"Alright, I'll let it slide this time," her mom warns, "but if this happens again, you won't go out next time you want to. Got it?"

"Deal," Minzy replied, full of relief.

After about ten minutes of driving, Minzy and her mom got to the theater. Minzy spotted Jongin and his white hair instantly.

"Okay, where is he?" Minzy's mom hunted for Jongin with her eyes.

"He has white hair," Minzy stated.

Her mother glared at her. "Please don't tell me he's some old guy."

"No, he dyed it white by accident. Long story," Minzy said. "See? He's right by the entrance."

Minzy's mom clapped her hands and squealed like a child in a candy store. "Ooh! Minzy! He's so cute! How could you NOT like him?"

Minzy shrugged. "Dunno."

"Okay, call me when to pick you up. Have your phone?"

"Yes."

"Money?"

"Yes."

"Pocketknife in case he tries to hurt you?"

"Mom."

"Sorry." She kissed Minzy's forehead. "Have fu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter