Trying to Make a Plan

One-Sided Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jongin squinted at Soojung's tiny iPhone screen, Sehun and Bjoo at his sides.

"…What the did you just show us?" Sehun spoke first.

"Something we all need to be careful about," Minzy replied sternly.

The boys sat in silence. "Does this involve me, too?" Bjoo asked nervously.

"I would guess so," Soojung confirmed. "She WAS threatening my friends, so that includes you, I guess." Despite not having much of a relationship with Bjoo, Soojung still had lunch with him everyday with their friends. That makes him one of her friends.

Bjoo bit his lip. "Fantastic, I can't wait to constantly wonder when I could get jumped in the streets."

"Don't be ridiculous, Bjoo," Jongin retorted. "She wouldn't just attack you when you're walking home from school or something."

"Besides, this involves all of us," Jinri added. "Not just you."

"Still, none of you guys are worried?" Bjoo gave the girls a quizzical look.

"Of course we're worried," Minzy agreed, "but we're going to go to the police so they can stop her."

"Minzy, isn't that going a bit too far?" Jongin crinkled his nose.

"Hey, it was her idea." Minzy pointed to Jinri.

Jinri's mouth was agape. "Okay, so maybe going to the police IS going too far."

"You think?" Jongin and Soojung remarked in unison.

Jinri rolled her eyes and ignored them. "We still need to do something."

"Let's try not to involve any adults," Sehun stated. "They'll go way overboard and ask too many questions. My brain can't handle all that pressure."

"Then what are we supposed to do?" Jinri asked the group. Everyone remained silent until the bell for the next class rang.

"Let's just meet up after school to talk about it," Soojung decided. "We should all probably think of what to do throughout the day so we can have an idea."

A quiet "okay" was spoken throughout the group. Jongin grabbed Minzy's hand on the way out of the cafeteria and squeezed it.

"Hey," he whispered, "we're going to be okay."

Minzy sighed. "I hope so."

Minzy's mind ran with thoughts throughout the rest of the afternoon, making it difficult to focus in class and made the day feel like it would never end.

The final bell of the day rung at last. Minzy made her way out the front door of the school and texted her friends. Once everyone made it to the bush a few feet from the entrance to the school, they walked to the nearest fast food place to sit and talk about Naeun.

An awkward silence fell amongst the group. "So?" Soojung said to everyone. "Any ideas?" More silence. Soojung crossed her arms and sat back in her seat. "Come on, guys, this is serious."

"We know," Bjoo replied, "it's just hard to come up with a plan knowing your life is in danger, you know?"

"I know," Soojung muttered. Sehun wrapped his arm around his irritated girlfriend's shoulder.

"It's going to be okay," Sehun reassured her.

"How do you know?" Soojung turned to face Sehun. "Naeun isn't right in the head. We need to think of a plan fast."

Minzy twiddled her thumbs. "While you guys think of something, I'm going to go get some fries. Anybody want some?"

"Sure," Bjoo and Jongin answered.

Minzy walked up to the short line and pulled out her black leather wallet. She could hear the workers' typical "Hi welcome to Wendy's" in less than enthusiastic voices to the customers in front of her.

"Hey," a somewhat familiar voice said.

Minzy pulled out her money and looked in front of her. Her breath hitched when she saw who the voice belonged to.

"Hi," Minzy replied, sounding like she was asking a question. "Ilhoon, right?"

His handsome grin made Minzy's heart flutter as he nodded his head. "Yeah, that's me. You must be Minzy, Jongin's girlfriend. Hope I didn't scare you."

"Oh no, don't worry about it," Minzy said, secretly hating she was only known for being "Jongin's girlfriend."

"You here with anyone?" Ilhoon asked, looking around the vacant restaurant.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter