It's a New Day

One-Sided Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Second semester finally began. Minzy hadn't talked to any of her now former friends. She finally had the chance to reconnect with her friends from middle school.

She couldn't stop thinking about Bjoo's confession.

It distracted her while she unwrapped her family's gifts to her at Christmas. It distracted her when her mother kissed her cheek on New Years. It distracted her when she went sledding with her younger cousins.

Bjoo drove her mad.

"Hey, Minzy!" Minzy's middle school best friend cried when she walked into her new history class.

"Hi, Haeryung!" Minzy exclaimed back. "It's been a while, how have you been?"

"I've been great! My parents FINALLY gave me a smartphone for Christmas!" She squealed with excitement as she pulled out her brand new iPhone. "What do you think?"

"Very pink," Minzy answered. She looked to the door and her stomach dropped when she saw two people she dreaded to see.

Jongin and Naeun.

"Ugh, can you believe they're actually dating now?" Haeryung rolled her eyes. "I don't know what he sees in her."

"You'd be surprised," Minzy muttered in response.

Haeryung widened her eyes. "Oh my gosh, I heard about you and Jongin…"

"Yeah, that was a while ago though. I've been over it long before it even ended," Minzy announced to her friend.

"Really?" Haeryung asked. "Wherever I'd see you in the hall with him, you looked so happy."

Minzy sighed while glancing at her ex. "It's a very, VERY long story."

"I've got no plans tonight," Haeryung stated. "Text me and we'll talk about it."

Minzy gulped, reminiscing the first half of her freshman year of high school. "I will."

Later on in math, Minzy was stuck with Soojung giving her dirty looks throughout class. It was no different in biology, when she would whisper something to Sehun and make him awkwardly chuckle. He'd tell Minzy everything Soojung said afterward. "She's such a ," "Shes so fake," and "I can't believe she hasn't apologized" we're the most frequent comments Soojung made. English made Minzy squirm in her seat, Jinri silently judging her and staring. Lunch was okay, she spent her time with Sehun and Haeryung, but of course, Jongin and his crazy girlfriend were there.

And yes, Bjoo was there too.

"Honestly, she's driving me crazy!" Sehun stabbed his fork into his raviolis. "All Soojung ever does is complain about YOU!" He pointed at Minzy.

"I'm sorry, she made me really mad," Minzy said insincerely. "If you don't want to hear it anymore, just break up with her."

"It's not that simple," Sehun cried. "She's one of the most popular people in school. She would…"

Minzy stopped listening when she saw Bjoo walk into the class. H

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter