The First Day

One-Sided Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minzy rolled over to the sound of her alarm beeping, waking her at five am.

Minzy moaned in her sleep. "Summer, where'd you go?" she asked no one.

Minzy was terrified. It was going to be her first day at a new school. Not in a new town, though; she's still in Seoul. It just so happens she's moving up from middle school to high school. Plus, none of her friends were in any of her classes.

And high school is a scary place. Therefore, Minzy was terrified.

Minzy got herself dressed, ate breakfast, and washed up. Being the sentimental people they are, Minzy's parents forced her to take pictures in front of the same stupid bush her parents make her stand every year on the first day of school.

Minzy hated it more than anything.

After her little photo shoot, Minzy ran to the bus. Her heart was pounding so hard to the point it nearly burst. Minzy was so nervous she even cried herself to sleep the night before.

Sad, right? No. Minzy was used to it when she transferred schools, since it occurred so frequently.

The bus driver was driving at an impeccably slow speed, and Minzy thought she was going to lose it.

*Note to self: have Dad drive you to school tomorrow. And for the rest of the year,* Minzy thought.

When Minzy finally got to school, it was ten minutes before the first bell. Minzy tried asking a bunch of teachers even though she was going the right way.

When Minzy finally got to class, she was right on time. There were still some kids missing.

"Hi!" the overly-thrilled teacher said when Minzy walked in.

"Hi, is this Mrs. Park's class?" the young girl replied, pushing her bangs back.

"Yes, it is! And I'm Miss Park." the teacher smiled. "What's your name, sweetheart?"

"Gong Minzy." She smiled nervously and twiddled her thumbs.

"Ah! You'll be sitting right in front of Kim Jongin over there." Miss Park pointed to where a muscular, white-haired boy was sitting, texting on his phone.

"Thank you." Minzy bowed and walked over to her seat.

Minzy and Jongin were the only two sitting down, because everyone else either knew each other or were

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter