Son Naeun

One-Sided Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Following lunch, Minzy breezes through the rest of the day. It was the next day that was a nightmare to go through.

First off, Minzy almost missed the bus because she slept in. She hardly saw Jongin that day since he wasn't in homeroom. (Which shocked her. Jongin was always in school.) Minzy did bump into Jongin at some points of the day, but didn't have any her two classes with him until the end of the day. Lunch was sheer torture.

*Did Bjoo say something about the tutor being y?* Minzy thought as she noticed Mr. Kim staring at Naeun's s half the class. *Ew.*

"Alright, so I'm going to pair you up in partners now," Mr. Kim announced hoarsely, "which won't be that hard."

Minzy rolled her eyes at how careless Mr. Kim seemed to be acting. Although, she had to admit she found him quite charming at times—when he wasn't trying to look down her shirt.

"Hoseok and Bjoo, you two can stay at your desks. Naeun and Minzy, you can work up at the board," Mr. Kim told the "class."

Bjoo and Hoseok snickered behind Minzy. "He just told them to stand up front so he could get a better look of their asses," Hoseok whispered to Bjoo. "Not that I'm complaining. Have you seen the way Naeun walks in that mini skirt? Damn. I'd tap that."

He was not out of earshot of Minzy.

"Jeez, why did I get stuck with the erts?" Minzy hissed inaudibly.

When Minzy got up to the bored, Naeun greeted her with a smile. "Hey."

"Hi," Minzy replied. "What do you think of Mr. Kim?"

Naeun shuddered. "He keeps staring at me! In places my lady doctor only looks at!"

Minzy's stomach churned. "Ew. Isn't he, like, eight years older than all of us?" she asked as she wrote the problem with a blue marker.

"Exactly!" Naeun whispered. "I wish Miss Park were tutoring us. I'm assuming she's straight so she won't look at us."

Minzy lightly chuckled. "And she's much older, so it's not like she'd try to get with anyone our age."

"I know right?" Naeun agreed. She paused and glanced at Minzy's problem. "No, you're not supposed to do it like that."

"What?" Minzy asked.

Naeun irritably sighed and ripped Minzy's marker from her hand. "It's supposed to be like–"

"No, Naeun," Mr. Kim cut her off. "Minzy's right."

"Ooh, burn!" Hoseok yelled.

"Shut up, Jung!" Naeun snapped.

"Naeun, that's enough!" Mr. Kim hissed. "We all make mistakes. Minzy can show you, right Minzy?"

Minzy glanced at Mr. Kim. He was leaning against his desk, arms crossed. His blond hair was swooped to the side, revealing his arched eyebrows and suggestive smirk.

Minzy swallowed thickly. "Of course."

Mr. Kim's creepy smile widened. "Very good."

Minzy spun around to face the white board, nose almost touching it. She felt like she could breathe again.

"Careful, you might get high from the Expo markers," Naeun hissed.

After Naeun's mini tantrum, Minzy started disliking her. Especially how rude she was about the stupid math problem. "Wouldn't I already be high?" Minzy questioned sarcastically. "You nearly drew on my face when you took my marker."

Naeun scoffed. "Sorry," she said with attitude.

Minzy had it. "Mr. Kim, may I please use the bathroom?"

"What for?" Mr. Kim furrowed his brow.

Minzy stood in shock. Naeun chuckled behind her. "I… just… have to go."

"Go do what?" Mr. Kim stared at Minzy intently.

Minzy's mouth was agape. "I–"

Mr. Kim burst out laughing. "I'm just messin' with ya! Sure you can go."

Minzy felt Mr. Kim's eyes burn into her backside. She walked as fast as she could of the door.

Minzy stepped into the bathroom and took heavy breaths. She looked at herself in the mirror, sighing.

"Why does it always have to be me?" Minzy quietly asked herself.

She splashed some sink water on her face in attempt to clear her thoughts, careful not to smear her makeup. She walked slowly back to Mr. Kim's room, knowing lunch was almost over and she'd pass the cafeteria. She only got to wave at Jongin before she was ushered away by hall monitors.

The sound of Minzy's boots tapping the ground softened as she neared Mr. Kim's doorway. She took a deep bre

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter